It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Is Turning Gay!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by technical difficulties

I'm trying to give a little insight here.

Many of these attempts have been geared toward attacking religious foundations. I'm willing to bet that if the attacks on religious sensibilities never happened then no one would even care.

To them it isn't just about gay people marrying. It's about pulling the threads of out the weave of their religion one at a time. It's viewed as just another attack in a series of attacks against the religious Christians in this country. Many of the proposed laws over the years regarding this issue were blatant attempts at granting rights to one group at the expense of another.

Since that approach is hard to swallow, even for less religious people like me, the next step is to call the opposition hateful and to dismiss the concerns of the religious as trivial superstition instead of acknowledging the damage being done to first amendment rights.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

If FOX News is turning gay, call me Doris!

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Glad to see you're able to post

I don't think it's ever really been suggested that institutions that don't believe in gay marriage be required to perform them, just that gay couples have the right to get married if they choose to. Similar to an Imam is not required to perform Christian weddings or vice versa. That is what our Constitution is supposed to guarantee, freedom of religion. Neither religious rule nor religious persecution (in this case forcing a religion to conform).

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Several proposals have been made over the years. From Washington state to Virginia.

Of course all have failed. But all of these proposals were made by gay marriage proponents seeking to undermine religious doctrine.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Fox is not and never has been Fabulous.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I'm not so sure about that. I think many gay marriage opponents have said this was an issue without it actually being one. I also know in the UK it played out a little differently where the Church was sued but even that I don't think requires that churches perform a gay wedding just that they can.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

There are definitely people out there who want to use marriage equality to undermine the first amendment, I'm not going to argue that part; however, even if those people were to come to there senses, there would still be opposition against marriage equality. These people say they don't support marriage equality. They never say they oppose marriage equality, but in x instance.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join