It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin to arrange for joint military exercises with Egypt:

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Putin to arrange for joint military exercises with Egypt:

According to this article

Egypt Independent
www.egyptindependent.com...
Sources told Egypt Independent that Russian President Vladimir Putin called for an extraordinary session at the Russian Kremlin to discuss the situation in Egypt and take the necessary steps to put the Russian military facilities "at the Egyptian military's disposal". Putin will discuss Russian arrangements for joint-military exercises with the Egyptian army according to source.

These developments come after US President Barak Obama's announcement that the U.S. is calling off joint military exercises with Egypt and threatening with further steps.

[Developing story]

Meanwhile
Obama cancels joint exercises with Egyptian military
www.bostonglobe.com... l0LfJ/story.html

Up North
Canada condemns attacks against Christians in Egypt
www.cbc.ca...

The Canadian government called the attacks on places of worship "unacceptable," following a day of deadly clashes between Egyptian police and supporters of ousted president Mohammed Morsi.

“We are concerned by recent attacks on religious institutions in Egypt, in particular the unconscionable attacks on Coptic Orthodox and Anglican churches and on Baptist and Franciscan institutions," the statement said

www.washingtonpost.com... ory.html

Posted for posterity.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Ha! Leave it to Russia to make things more interesting... I have no idea which side is right anymore, honestly. Things have got so confusing that perhaps all of the confusion is being caused on purpose.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
Ha! Leave it to Russia to make things more interesting... I have no idea which side is right anymore, honestly. Things have got so confusing that perhaps all of the confusion is being caused on purpose.

I am confused too wookie.

There is a phrase for it but it is against the rules to post it.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I really do hope Russia does stand up soon to the Muslim American President, he is so on side of terror groups, yet most people in Egypt hated being under Muslim Brother rule, but Obama wants the Brotherhood in all Middle East and UK I hear too.
I think Russia must soon give America a bloody nose and over the Middle East they can.
Well done Russia, lets kick those Yanks in the White House into touch, and do it today.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
World leaders should unite to end anti-Christian persecution, Vladimir Putin says

MOSCOW, August 1, 2013 (LifeSiteNews.com) – Vladimir Putin has urged the world’s political leaders to stop the violent persecutions against Christians that have erupted in many Middle Eastern countries.
www.lifesitenews.com...
Speaking at a meeting with Orthodox Christian leaders in Moscow last week, the Russian President said he noted “with alarm” that “in many of the world’s regions, especially in the Middle East and in North Africa inter-confessional tensions are mounting, and the rights of religious minorities are infringed, including Christians and Orthodox Christians.”
www.lifesitenews.com...
“This pressing problem should be a subject of close attention for the entire international community,” Putin said. “It is especially important today to make efforts to prevent intercultural and interreligious conflicts, which are fraught with the most serious upheavals.”

Meanwhile
Obama remains silent on the issue, except

State Department issues $10 million reward for enemies of Islam,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.voanews.com...

The State Department said Saturday's attacks bore the hallmarks of al-Qaida's Iraqi (AQI) branch. It reiterated that it was offering a $10 million reward for information leading to the killing or capture of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the AQI leader.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

The Egypt Independent link has been blocked (Access denied) Google says this is the only source for this information.

Second line

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Egypt's ‘bloodbath that is not a bloodbath’ has shown that the forces of hardcore suppression and corruption reign supreme, while foreign interests - the House of Saud, Israel and the Pentagon - support the military's merciless strategy.
rt.com...

Up is down, wrong is right.

I don't think Russia is interested in building a NATO force in Egypt.

From the same link to RT

That pathetic excuse for a diplomat, NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen, at least was blunt: “Egypt is an important partner for NATO through the Mediterranean Dialogue.” Translation: the only thing we really care about is that those Arabs do as we say.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by Wookiep

I am confused too wookie.

There is a phrase for it but it is against the rules to post it.

It pains me to say but I too have lost the plot on this one. Looks like Putin just jabbed us in the eye again though you can't blame him. Frankly though with all that's happening it's nice to see someone make a decision. Looks like the Bear is rising again.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BostonBill99

The Egypt Independent link has been blocked (Access denied) Google says this is the only source for this information.

Second line

I'll be darn

www.medianet2.com...

Putin to arrange for joint military exercises…
Posted 2 hours ago

Russian President Vladimir Putin called for an extraordinary session at the Russian Kremlin to discuss the situation in Egypt and take the necessary steps to put the Russian military facilities…
Read More
Putin to arrange for joint military exercises…

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I can still access the Independent
www.egyptindependent.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Didn't the US just cancel their military exercises with Egypt recently?
I wonder if the Russians are trying to fill that void?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u
I really do hope Russia does stand up soon to the Muslim American President, he is so on side of terror groups, yet most people in Egypt hated being under Muslim Brother rule, but Obama wants the Brotherhood in all Middle East and UK I hear too.
I think Russia must soon give America a bloody nose and over the Middle East they can.
Well done Russia, lets kick those Yanks in the White House into touch, and do it today.

I hope you're right about this. I'm so tired of seeing what looks like slaughter from both sides and it's really starting to make me reconsider the population reduction conspiracies.

What is made to look like protesting (in some cases_ is terrorism, backed by Western interests and it's true that completely innocent people are being targeted for no reason at all... nothing about Morsi. It's just an excuse to make trouble.

If this is true, then I do hope a non-Western force makes a stand.
A willing stand... one they believe in and not a lie that's been sold to our guys here in the states to get them to back up the corrupt cause with their own blood and the blood of innocents.

If Russia does this, the people will owe them. Not just Egyptians but people of the world who are watching all this unfold like a bad movie... and if they do this and the US kicks and screams, then we will know just how close the Muslim Brotherhood is to the Western scheme.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
I wonder if the Russians are trying to fill that void?

Yes it is posted

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Why would the US military want to go in, the Egyptian military is doing their job for them. Just like the rebels in Syria.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

I'm so tired of seeing what looks like slaughter from both sides

Dunno, I've heard nothing about any Egyptian military casualties. Only Morsi supporters and police. Gotta wonder who's side the police are on.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I have reason to think the UK & USA have been very anti Christian for the time Obama & Cameron have been in office, every time a Muslim is killed in USA or UK it makes news, our PM goes on TV to tell us how sad he is, yet Vicars, people leaving Christian churches getting stabbed no not a word from Cameron.
Yes I think the elite in UK & USA are trying to thin people down in number, maybe they think if all Muslims kill each other it's less problem when NATO start to get shut of the few left, okay yes it sounds crazy what I'm saying, but it just may be right, food and other things on earth are short, the elite may feel that not enough food will be there for all on earth.

edit on 15-8-2013 by Alternative4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

Dunno, I've heard nothing about any Egyptian military casualties. Only Morsi supporters and police. Gotta wonder who's side the police are on.

Point taken but this isn't exactly what I meant. I meant the intent, the alleged cause we are supposed to believe are pitted against each other, but in reality are BEING pitted against each other because there IS no cause, just a need to get people fighting and eliminate them.

I'm talking about the top powers of the world and this suspicion that they are just playing a fun game of chess with each other... at the expense of the people.

No, I'd rather LITERALLY see someone like Putin actually go punch a US official in the face.

It would make me a little more certain about the changes we are seeing right now, because PLENTY of stuff is happening, but there's all this blocked information and tip toeing around the game so as not to spoil it. I'm tired of the game of lies and trying to be nicey nice and self righteous in the media among our lying politicians. I want to see some real resolve coming out of someone in high places. The people despair without a glimmer of hope from up top. If the top is just playing games with us, we are just in a rats maze... fighting for nothing... because we can't bring ourselves, even our top military who know their government is lying, to unite and be cohesive enough to take their power from them.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie

Originally posted by frazzle

Point taken but this isn't exactly what I meant. I meant the intent, the alleged cause we are supposed to believe are pitted against each other, but in reality are BEING pitted against each other because there IS no cause, just a need to get people fighting and eliminate them.

I'm talking about the top powers of the world and this suspicion that they are just playing a fun game of chess with each other... at the expense of the people.

No, I'd rather LITERALLY see someone like Putin actually go punch a US official in the face.

It would make me a little more certain about the changes we are seeing right now, because PLENTY of stuff is happening, but there's all this blocked information and tip toeing around the game so as not to spoil it. I'm tired of the game of lies and trying to be nicey nice and self righteous in the media among our lying politicians. I want to see some real resolve coming out of someone in high places. The people despair without a glimmer of hope from up top. If the top is just playing games with us, we are just in a rats maze... fighting for nothing... because we can't bring ourselves, even our top military who know their government is lying, to unite and be cohesive enough to take their power from them.

100% agreed on all of that.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u

I have reason to think the UK & USA have been very anti Christian for the time Obama & Cameron have been in office, every time a Muslim is killed in USA or UK it makes news, our PM goes on TV to tell us how sad he is, yet Vicars, people leaving Christian churches getting stabbed no not a word from Cameron.
Yes I think the elite in UK & USA are trying to thin people down in number, maybe they think if all Muslims kill each other it's less problem when NATO start to get shut of the few left, okay yes it sounds crazy what I'm saying, but it just may be right, food and other things on earth are short, the elite may feel that not enough food will be there for all on earth.

edit on 15-8-2013 by Alternative4u because: (no reason given)

Well, I don't know how much food comes out of the ME but I'm pretty sure it's nowhere near as much as what is coming from more prospering countries... and that is why I fear for these people. They are being eliminated, imo, because it simplifies deals and trade for anyone who ships food over there in return for something they have that is being controlled by their leaders (like in SA)... it's like they are just seen as a wasteful deficit. I'm tired of seeing it. Time could be spent resolving problems much easier than taking the time to create them and then have to pretend to fix the created problems.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
In reality, I do not think Egypt is in a fit state to do military exercises with anyone. Egypt is also in no fit state to change their colours and probably would avoid Russian meddling like the plague.

Regards

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join