It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zoo in trouble after disguising dog as lion.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I have to say, that I find it entirely ridiculous that this trick worked for even ONE day, and that of all things, a child should notice the difference between a lion and a dog. I would like to think that thick as some of my fellow residents of Essex have a reputation for being, if you placed a dog in the lion enclosure, they would turn around and tell you in no uncertain terms, that you are going to have to refund them thier ticket price.

Utterly, one hundred and eighty nine percent ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

Well, it's China. 1.5 billion+ people, in large urban areas and poor agricultural villages. Most of these people have never seen the "real thing" in their lives.

I met a guy in Boston that had never seen a wild animal bigger than a coyote. The man was in his 40's. He's never left the city, and has never seen the stars. I just shook my head.

Lets think, the Chinese panda handlers dress up in furry panda costumes to feed them. They've got their own "thing" going on over there it seems...

They might be destroying our economy, but at least they provide some good entertainment. For example, I was eating lunch at a conference and there was a Chinese delegation in attendance. The lunch that day was make your own sandwich. All the fixings for sandwiches were laid out buffet style.

I looked over to the table where all the Chinese were sitting (they always kept to themselves) -- and low and behold they had all the different meats, cheese, and breads in neat little piles. They were eating each ingredient separate.

I guess they don't eat sandwiches in China.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
This is the funniest true story I've read in a looooong time. Thank you for sharing it OP!

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

And the runner ups for the zoo's lion look alike...

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Chinese counterfeiting is rife , but faking a lion - takes the [ dog ] biscuit

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
have you kicked your lion in the balls today

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

are you talking about the mastiff or the chinese here....
hehe oops!

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
well!! they sure were...."LION" about that lion!!!....LOLOLololololol that was a funny! guys? hey guys!!! where are you going???? come back!!

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
It's simply bizarre. Those pictures made me laugh and made the rest of my day though. I would have something to share with my partner & friends so our life won't be too bored. It's kind of entertainment?! Ha!Ha! Ha!

If they have spent about 916m dollars to make a replica of Hallstatt village of Austria in Huizhou City of Guang-dong province; make fake eggs, fake milk, which caused enough numbers of death in children, fake flour, ......etc.. What else are they not able to copy? Fake babies in the future???? ( just imagining it makes me shiver. I feel cold. )

Their people said ''Look! We are very intelligent, just use it in a wrong way.'' Moral or moron?????
::

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
"They cheated us!"

Well, if they ever went to a zoo before they would know that half of the animals aren't even being held for show and are somewhere outside the zoo. Most of the time it's either breeding or maintenance related and if it isn't, then it's the time of the year. I'd rather see that dog there, it would be amusing to see instead of an empty cage lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join