It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 25 most censored stories of 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I thought some of you might find this interesting, even if some of you may disagree with the lists or think others should be added. Personally , I do think some different ones should be added; Fast and Furious didnt seem to make the list for

One of the main ones that I was particularly interested in, one that still irritates the hell out of me because if this would have been an "ordinary joe" like most of us here, we would never see the light of day again.
However since they were who they were and had pretty much unlimited funds, they were able to get away with it with just a fine.

Link

Number 22 on the list:

Between 2004 and 2007, Wachovia Bank handled funds totaling $378.4 billion for Mexican currency-exchange houses acting on behalf of drug cartels. The transactions amount to the largest violation of the Bank Secrecy Act, an anti-money-laundering law, in US history. This case is not exceptional; Wachovia is just one of several US and European banks that drug cartels have used to launder money.

I know this story was discussed a lot here but you didnt hear much about it anywhere else.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Sharingan

Hi Sharingan,
Interesting stuff for sure!
I would love to comment, but google is recording everything I type...my cell phone GPS tells exactly where I am...my house phone is being listened to....and my television is watching me. (lol)
I will keep my opinions to myself...that is, unless they are reading my mind from an implant.
God forbid, I should criticize a government.
jacygirl

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

It seems backwards to me.
Number #1 being the most widely known and/or speculated about.(talked about).
While the higher numbers are less-known stories.

But either way, I think the top of the list should have been left blank. The number 1 most censored story would be the one that nobody knows anything at all about.

eta:

Originally posted by jacygirl

I would love to comment, but google is recording everything I type...my cell phone GPS tells exactly where I am...my house phone is being listened to....and my television is watching me. (lol)
I will keep my opinions to myself...
Before this thread was even posted, they already knew what your opinion was going to be. No point stopping now, if they already know it all.

edit on 8/15/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacygirl

Hi Sharingan,
Interesting stuff for sure!
I will keep my opinions to myself...that is, unless they are reading my mind from an implant.
God forbid, I should criticize a government.
jacygirl

I understand your concerns.. Its way to late for me though, if I ever suddenly stop posting and im not banned, that means they "got me"

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
BrokenCircles and Sharigan.....lol, too true!
My over-active imagination comes up with conspiracies that actually frighten me sometimes.
I consider who/what may be pulling the strings....and for what purpose.
I honestly would never share these ideas for fear that I could be right.
For the sake of my sanity, I conclude that ignorance is bliss!
jacygirl

new topics

top topics

join