It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bradley Manning Apologizes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Bradley Manning Apologizes

edition.cnn.com

Bradley Manning acknowledged Wednesday that by leaking tens of thousands of pages of classified documents he "hurt people and hurt the United States."

Manning's sentencing hearing focusing on his gender identify issues

the e-mail includes an image of him wearing a long blond wig and makeup.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bbc.co.uk

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Do you think this apology is genuine?

And why are his cross-dressing and gender-identity issues relevant to any of this? Is this dirt that was dug up to discredit him or did his emotional/identity issues affect his behavior and actions?

On a similar note, were the rape allegations the attempt to discredit Assange or does he too have emotional issues?

I wonder what we will learn about Snowden in the future.

edition.cnn.com

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

And why are his cross-dressing and gender-identity issues relevant to any of this?

Because in prison, if he really has this issue and comes into contact with the wrong people, it won't end pretty for him. This would be relevant because he could be put in a prison/part of a prison where he'll be relatively safe.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Of-course his apology is not genuine. Its an attempt to have his sentence reduced.

Too bad he has to apologize at all but thats what the State does. They beat you into submission.

What specifically did he do besides release a video which showed American troops flying around killing Iraqi civilians?

I guess its a crime to show anything to the American people which would force us to ask why in the hell we are in Iraq.

And when the family members of those Iraqis retaliate 10 years from now, they'll be labeled as insurgents or extremists.

edit on 15-8-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The US to Manning:

"What's 2 + 2 ?"

Manning:

"5."

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I don't think it was genuine. I think the full weight for the consequences of his actions (prison) are partially a reason for the "apology."

However, I can't help but think this is the point in the movie where the captors force the "hero" to publicly denounce himself and his actions and espouse the opposition in order to quell the rebellion.

Oh, and maybe his gender issues, which I'm sure can be hard the military and the person in it to deal with.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Maybe the actual meaning was that the feelings of the public have been hurt because their government have lied to them again

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
He has been:
Totured
Bribed
Threatend with some horrible

A fascist state loves it when a dissident recants and apoligises and begs for mercy its a great propaganda win.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Isn't this the rule of the game in every lawsuite?

Plead guilty, where the judges find you guilty anyway.
Show regret, so the judge sees you are a good kid now and won't do it anymore.
Also the defendng lawyer will tell the court about your difficult life and the special situaton how you could behave so badly.

And of course, the other rules of the games are:
If you are perceived as a hero by many, then the bad guys show the world, how bad or ridiculous you are.
It does not matter, if these things are based on facts or not. In Manning's case his problems with his gender and sexual orientaton became known very early. So it is true. In Assange's case the "rape"-scenario still looks stupid, the women disappeared and there is still no law suit against him.

In many parts of the world this black & white drawing does not work anymore so easily. Does it in the USA?
edit on 15-8-2013 by Siddharta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Stereotype much?
By your logic any male is weird...

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
If I were in his shoes and already realized that I would never leave prison alive, there is no way in hell I would give them the satisfaction of getting an apology from me.
Apologizing implies wrong doing, which I dont think hes guilty of.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Sharingan

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Granite

Stereotype much?
By your logic any male is weird...

I dont understand what you are referring to.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sharingan
If I were in his shoes and already realized that I would never leave prison alive, there is no way in hell I would give them the satisfaction of getting an apology from me.
Apologizing implies wrong doing, which I dont think hes guilty of.

I agree. I wouldnt apologize unless I meant it. But that requires some backbone.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
The US to Manning:

"What's 2 + 2 ?"

Manning:

"5."

Considering the purported conditions of his imprisonment, it's a distinct possibility. Bud Mahurin, as a POW in the Korean War, endured similar treatment and confessed to doing something that he did not do. Intense questioning, sleep deprivation, and solitary confinement can actually get people to say or do things that they normally would not just to "end it". It doesn't take a physical laying on of hands torture to break down an individual who committed no crime whatsoever ( article on false confessions ). Take someone who knowingly committed a crime even to correct an injustice, like Manning, and you bet they could get him to apologize.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Do you have any proof they did that to him?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesaneone

Do you have any proof they did that to him?

Because that what goverments do!

They love a apoligy from those that dare get in there way. Im guessing he has been bribed or just threatend IE" we will throw in General population of the hardest fedral prison for life or you get 10 years in isolation"

But only a fool thinks the USA doesnt toture people.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Do you think this apology is genuine?

And why are his cross-dressing and gender-identity issues relevant to any of this? Is this dirt that was dug up to discredit him or did his emotional/identity issues affect his behavior and actions?

On a similar note, were the rape allegations the attempt to discredit Assange or does he too have emotional issues?

I wonder what we will learn about Snowden in the future.

edition.cnn.com

The cross-dressing/gender issues are mentioned to destroy his character.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

He/She knew what the penalty was before they stole the info the only reason he/she would say sorry was because they knew they did wrong its that simple.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaneone
its that simple.

No its not.

But you continue living in your little world of the state being always right

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join