It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European Union, Military Superpower!?!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtheiX
That is another matter.

Oh really?
Lets discuss it over U2U?

That is not an insult, that is an opinion. If I said "Your country is stupid", that would be an insult. Saying that a country is weak is not an insult.

You are calling my country weak, THAT is an insult, frankly I wont let anyone define to me what is an insult to me and MY country.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
You are calling my country weak, THAT is an insult, frankly I wont let anyone define to me what is an insult to me and MY country.

I have been offended on ATS by many people, and none of these people got punished.

I have noticed on ATS some people offending other people, and they didn't get punished.

[edit on 26-8-2005 by AtheiX]

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I have been offended on ATS by many people, and none of these people got punished.

I have had that too but THAT is not the issue here.
ME and YOU and YOUR statement is all that concerns me.

I have noticed on ATS some people offending other people, and they didn't get punished.
[edit on 26-8-2005 by AtheiX]

Take that up with the staff, until it affects me or someone I see as a "good" person then it doesnt matter to me.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Judicial Backlog

You may want to check in on them now and then, because sooner or later, people who go around insulting other people on ATS are going to get tagged.

Remember that just because the guy in front of you didn't get pulled over for speeding doesn't mean you won't get a ticket.

T&C violations are commonplace on ATS and the workload in processing them is heavy, but the staff is doing it's best to serve all customers.

Be patient, they are doing their best to bring love where it is needed.

Offensive Nature

There are many different kinds of offense, and opinions vary on what those are. The T&C spells some things out, and the senior staff have also thoughtfully spelled things out.

At the discretion of the staff, violations of these policies will result in warnings. Repeated violations will result in bans.

As I have noted elsewhere, it would be unwise to test the staff on this unless you're the one with the ban button.

If you see an example that needs staff attention, the Gripe/Help button (second from the left at the top of this page) is there for you.

The staff reviews all complaints and suggestions, and will take action if they see the need for it.

Bear in mind that the Member Council staff also monitors complaints, and where we see complaints with merit, we say so and make recommendations accordingly.

Sibling Rivalry

For what it's worth, though I'm not innocent of indulging in it in my callow youth, I have come to be very much opposed to nation-bashing on ATS, regardless of the nation.

There's nothing wrong with expressing negative opinions about any nation, but painting all of its citizens with the same brush is inherently ignorant. Such behavior is bigoted and hateful, and has no place in a forum whose mission is to Deny Ignorance.

Seeing as I'm an American, I consider us and our friends in France to be in pretty much the same boat.

Probably because we're both insufferably arrogant.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I have had that too but THAT is not the issue here.

It is. You should notice also other people's (including yours) offences, not only mine. Not to mention the fact that I DIDN'T OFFEND GB HERE (saying that a country is weak is not an offence).

Take that up with the staff

I already did.

You may want to check in on them now and then, because sooner or later, people who go around insulting other people on ATS are going to get tagged.

I DO check on them and I know that they didn't get punished. Do you want me to give examples?

For what it's worth, though I'm not innocent of indulging in it in my callow youth, I have come to be very much opposed to nation-bashing on ATS, regardless of the nation.

I never have bashed on ATS any nation. I have said that a COUNTRY (GB is weak). That is not bashing any nation.

[edit on 27-8-2005 by AtheiX]

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   

It is. You should notice also other people's (including yours) offences, not only mine. Not to mention the fact that I DIDN'T OFFEND GB HERE (saying that a country is weak is not an offence).

What?
I do notice them but thats not the issue here, this is between you and me.
YOU insulted my country by calling it weak and YOU refuse to take lies like that back.

I already did.

Well dont moan to me about it.

I DO check on them and I know that they didn't get punished. Do you want me to give examples?

What?
I didnt say that!

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I do notice them but thats not the issue here,

It is the issue here. The issue here is insults. You are not noticing the insults of other people.
You should notice also other people's offences, not only mine.
this is between you and me.

YOU insulted my country by calling it weak and YOU refuse to take lies like that back.

I didn't insult your country. Saying that a country is weak is NOT an insult.

Let's get back to the subject of Europe's military power.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   

It is the issue here. The issue here is insults.

No its not.
The issue here is YOUR insult, not any of mine or anyone elses.
Stop tangenting.

You are not noticing the insults of other people.
You should notice also other people's offences, not only mine.
this is between you and me.

Why should I notice them?
Why should I notice other peoples offences and NOT yours?
Why?

I didn't insult your country. Saying that a country is weak is NOT an insult.

Saying a country is weak ( which we are not) is an insult.
Would you like it if I said germany navy was weak?

Let's get back to the subject of Europe's military power.

I thought that was the question at hand, whether or not GB is weak.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   

No its not.
The issue here is YOUR insult, not any of mine or anyone elses.
Stop tangenting.

The issue here is insults. You cannot talk about my insults without noticing the insults of other people.

Why should I notice them?

Because they do do insults as well.

Why should I notice other peoples offences and NOT yours?

I didn't say that you should notice other people's offences and NOT mine?

Saying a country is weak ( which we are not) is an insult.

That is not an insult, that is an unoffensive statement.

Would you like it if I said germany navy was weak?

I wouldn't mind that. That would not be an insult, that would be an unoffensive statement.
Another matter is that it is a fact that it should be stronger than it is.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   

The issue here is insults. You cannot talk about my insults without noticing the insults of other people.

The issue here is YOUR insult, YOUR statment that YOU made, not one that I, not one that any other member has made, will make, or is makeing.
I can notice yours.

Because they do do insults as well.

So?
Thats not what I am talking about, what you said is.

I didn't say that you should notice other people's offences and NOT mine?

No you said you should notice others and not just mine, why should I do this?

That is not an insult, that is an unoffensive statement.

How is it unoffensive?

I wouldn't mind that. That would not be an insult, that would be an unoffensive statement.

What?
Some one just told you that your country is weak, its pathetic and frankly is dung, tell me thats not offensive.

Another matter is that it is a fact that it should be stronger than it is.

That may be so but come on.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
If you cannot discuss the subject European Union, Military Superpower!?! in a calm, rational manner this thread will be closed. A Council person posted here for you to post in a more dinified manner and you chose to ignore him and continue your diatribes.
This arguing back and forth in public is not worth the space it is taking up and shows a disrespect of the other members here who wish to carry on discussions.
This behavior will not be tolerated.

[edit on 27-8-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join