It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Million Muslim March Planned in DC on Anniversary of 9-11...Anyone else heard about this?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is this still happening?
Cause all I'm hearing about it is this:

And what I want to hear about is this:

en.wikipedia.org...

What are you doing for it?

Me....maybe watch some Osama take down videos....some sniper shot vids on A'lquitta ... possibly look up ways to protect myself from sarin released by the UN (cough) USSR ?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

My grandparents told me stories of the climate in the U.S. after Pearl Harbor. A lot of people looked at the Japanese the same way that many see Muslims after 9/11. My grandma told me about how some of the military men would bring back Japanese wives, and that they would be mistreated terribly here. There was a very icy reception for many Japanese coming here, and let's not forget how we put Japanese Americans in interment camps.

I don't want to see us go backward. I hope that many people will stop seeing all Muslim people as being the enemy, or label them as a terrorist.

After all, do we know for certain that it was Muslims or Al Qaeda that perpetrated 9/11? 100% certain? I just don't feel like persecuting all Muslims. Not all of them are terrorists, not all want sharia law, not all want to run this country according to Islam.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Taissa
My grandparents told me stories of the climate in the U.S. after Pearl Harbor. A lot of people looked at the Japanese the same way that many see Muslims after 9/11. My grandma told me about how some of the military men would bring back Japanese wives, and that they would be mistreated terribly here.

...and then after a few decades, the Japanese people were found to be normal law abiding hard working people who posed no threat to society whatsoever, and the whole issue was forgotten (apart from a few old people who cant forget).

Same with the Irish. 150 years ago it was common to see "HELP WANTED – NO IRISH NEED APPLY" signs, and other discrimination also applied to them. But then after a while, the Irish people were found to be normal law abiding hard working people who posed no threat to society whatsoever, and the whole issue was forgotten.

In Australia, During WWII, Italians living in Australia were considered 'enemy aliens' and were places in internment camps. Even before that, they were hated by the locals because they were willing to work for lower pay. After the war, when more came to Australia, racism existed, name calling of "wogs" etc...
...and then after a few decades, the Italian people were found to be normal law abiding hard working people who posed no threat to society whatsoever, and the whole issue was forgotten.

Many other examples exist in many places around the world.

If Islamists wish any discrimination to go away, then all they have to do is be normal law abiding hard working people who pose no threat to society whatsoever.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Well today is 9/11 in the states...It will be interesting to see how many who have planned on going to D.C. show up on this anniversary of America's Pearl Harbor redux where the trade centers and building 7 were destroyed ...Between the motorcycle guys and the Muslim march the traffic should be rather congested (I would assume) if everyone goes or ends up at the Capitol building? Hopefully someone will have a live feed of the speeches and what is going on there.....Wonder in a small way if a National news outlet will even say anything?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Patriotic Muslims Protest 'Million Muslim March' Expected to Draw Hundreds on 9/11

A Sept. 11 march on the United States capital aimed at drawing attention to Americans' alleged discrimination against Muslims has drawn the ire of patriotic followers of Muslim Prophet Muhammad who see it as a slight against America.
www.christianpost.com...
"These guys are basically exploiting an annual commemoration of an attack in which America lost over 3,000 lives to radical Islam," Dr. Zuhdi Jasser, author of A Battle for the Soul of Islam: An American Muslim Patriot's Fight to Save His Faith and president of the American Islamic Forum for Democracy(AIFD), told The Christian Post in a Tuesday interview. "It's part of this lobby of Islamist groups in America that believe America is to blame rather than taking ownership."
aifdemocracy.org...
The Missouri-based American Muslim Political Action Committee (AMPAC) scheduled the event for Sept. 11, 2013, to commemorate the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, but not in the traditional spirit of such meetings. Refusing to attribute the attacks to Islamic extremists, AMPAC is focusing on discrimination against Muslims. "Muslim and non-Muslim alike were traumatized, but we as Muslims continue 12 years later to be victimized by being made the villains," the group said in a statement.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

geobro
like a million christians could march for their rights in a muslim nation ??
wake up america

Ditto.

Their rights end where mine start.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

alfa1

Same with the Irish. 150 years ago it was common to see "HELP WANTED – NO IRISH NEED APPLY" signs, and other discrimination also applied to them. But then after a while, the Irish people were found to be normal law abiding hard working people who posed no threat to society whatsoever, and the whole issue was forgotten.

Nope. Urban myth.

www.irishcentral.com...

tigger.uic.edu...

The bit about the signs I mean, not that Irish people are normal.
edit on 11-9-2013 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
2 Million Bikers vs 1 million Muslims 9/11

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Mr. Confusion back again.

The news reports and photos indicate that about 30 people attended the Million Muslim March. My confusion is over the question "What does this tell us about Muslims in America?"

If, as has been posted:

Perhaps they are doing to illustrate that they are different from the jihadists who perpetrated the horrible events of that day.

Or perhaps they are doing it to illustrate that it was not Jihadists who oraganized/perpetrated the horrible events on that day. I believe that they are doing this to distance themselves from the Neo-Con/Zionist elements of shadow government within certain countries that actually pulled this off in order blame it on Islam to justify the invasion the Middle East.
(I hate not being able to use nested quotes.) then there aren't many Muslims trying to distance themselves from violence.

If they are demanding civil rights, it appears they don't care much about them.

What does the invisible turnout tell us?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

"
If they are demanding civil rights, it appears they don't care much about them.

What does the invisible turnout tell us? "

wow good point...but, what about the people that actually said they were gonna do this....what happened?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
hmmmm
well I did my due diligence
here is the webpage that the OP presented:
ampacus.webs.com...
here is a post pasted on their page from facebook....this poster says it very well....I guess I wasn't looking while sanity took note and about faced:

"The date you've chosen for your march defeats the purpose of your march. The date is antagonistic, you have to know that. Your efforts would be better off used on those Muslims that are giving you the bad name.

Reply · 447 · Like

· Follow Post · June 2 at 6:40am"

X

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join