Million Muslim March Planned in DC on Anniversary of 9-11...Anyone else heard about this?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
www.breitbart.com...

A group called The American Muslim Political Action Committee (AMPAC) is planning a one million Muslims march to Washington D.C. on September 11th. The timing of the group's march is seen by many as tasteless (to say the least) considering it is scheduled for the anniversary of the worst domestic massacre in American history perpetrated in the name of Islam. AMPAC ups the tasteless quotient by issuing "demands" for the American government:

Their Request:
QUOTE:
We at AMPAC (American Political Action Committee) are planning an historic event for 9.11.13 where one million Muslims will march to Washington D.C. and demand that our civil rights be protected by our government.

We are demanding that laws be enacted protecting our 1st amendment . We are asking President Obama to fulfill his promise from his first campaign for Presidency of a transparent government. Lastly we are asking for the release of the 9/11 commission report to the American people. END QUOTE:
Sounds reasonable to me.....Same stuff many of us would like to see....

The group seems to rationalize the date chosen for their march by claiming that the media has been lying to the American people with regard to the role Islam played in the 9/11 attacks:

Actually a great date for you can get some press coverage and stir a bunch of people up...maybe on the press coverage...IMO Muslims backed by certain elements in Saudia did the deed on 9/11 but evidently these guys do not seem think so....I will not be traveling to D.C. regardless....

It will be interesting if they can get 1 million to march...If any group in the states can make it happen it would not surprise me one bit that they can do it..

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

If they march to only request fair and equal treatment under the US Constitution, then I say they should.

As for 9/11 being the day that they do it?

Perhaps they are doing to illustrate that they are different from the jihadists who perpetrated the horrible events of that day.

I'm willing to give them the benefit of doubt until proven otherwise.

We need to stop living in fear. We need to stop letting the media, the government and memes generate that fear.

My 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I am with you on this one Beezzer....
edit on 15-8-2013 by 727Sky because: z

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by 727Sky
Their Request: QUOTE:
...and demand that our civil rights be protected by our government.

What civil rights of Muslims are not protected? How are Muslims treated differently from non-Muslims in the US?

Originally posted by 727Sky
Their Request: QUOTE:
...Lastly we are asking for the release of the 9/11 commission report to the American people.

Which one? The 9-11 Commission Report, chaired by Thomas Kean has already been published.

Regards

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Perhaps they are doing to illustrate that they are different from the jihadists who perpetrated the horrible events of that day.

Or perhaps they are doing it to illustrate that it was not Jihadists who oraganized/perpetrated the horrible events on that day. I believe that they are doing this to distance themselves from the Neo-Con/Zionist elements of shadow government within certain countries that actually pulled this off in order blame it on Islam to justify the invasion the Middle East.

It's pretty obvious in my opinion.

Beezer, do you still honestly believe that those amateur pilots flew those planes into those towers with such precision?

I bet you believe that the "Muslim terrorists" planted the explosives in all three of the towers too?

They have every right to march on this day, in fact, this would be the very best day to do it.

Good luck in getting a proper investigation into 911 though, they are wishing upon a star on that one.

ETA:

As a non Muslim I would even participate in this march if I could.
edit on 8/15/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I don't wish to get into a 9/11 debate, I'll only reiterate that it is their right to do so, and I have nothing against an individual or group of individuals exercising their rights.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

What civil rights of Muslims are not protected? How are Muslims treated differently from non-Muslims in the US?

Excellent point.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
How far we have fallen, that our citizens must ask permission to express their 1st Amendment rights in public. The Constitution is pretty much symbolic at this point, because we basically ignore the **** out of it.

Even if these people were celebrating the attacks of 9/11; they have every right to!!! If you do not believe that, you are missing the point of why this country was founded and it's original intention as a Constitutional Republic.

The fact that Big Brother is protecting our feelings and intentionally ignoring people's right to express themselves is so sad, I feel ashamed. How did we become so weak? What someone else thinks/believes has no affect on another's life what-so-ever, but these days people act like it's the end of the world...

I have awoken a stranger on the shores conquered by my ancestors.

edit on 15-8-2013 by ConspiracyBuff because: Faces!

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

We are demanding that laws be enacted protecting our 1st amendment .

Not sure what kind of laws they want here. They mention that laws enacted after 9/11 have hampered their ability to practice their 'true dawa', which is the proselytizing of Islam. I didn't know that we passed any laws preventing them from spreading their religion.
Did we?
I know that doing the same thing as a Christian will get a person beheaded in a couple of Islamic countries.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
They only march when they want something, or are playing at being victims. Where were they in the weeks, months and years after 9-11, London, Madrid, Beslan, Mumbai ect.. All i can recall from ''moderate Islam'' is a continued lack of outrage at these atrocities being carried out in the name of their religion.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I don't wish to get into a 9/11 debate, I'll only reiterate that it is their right to do so, and I have nothing against an individual or group of individuals exercising their rights.

I agree, this may not be the best thread for 9/11 debate, but you brought it upon yourself by presenting your opinion about the events of that day which you incorporated into your "reasoning" of why you believe that they should be allowed to march on that specific date.

I just felt that it was only fair to point out that your reasons for why you justify their right to march (on that day) may be a bit off the mark.

I only responded to the content of your post. My intention was not to fuel debate about 911, you sparked that flame my furry little friend

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Actually a great date for you can get some press coverage and stir a bunch of people up...maybe on the press coverage...IMO Muslims backed by certain elements in Saudia did the deed on 9/11 but evidently these guys do not seem think so....I will not be traveling to D.C. regardless....

I think the key would be that all of Islam has been targeted for the actions of a few fringe fanatics, if it was them at all.

I think that's the other key. Regardless of what personal opinions about 911 might be, as a whole, 911 has become an Islamist attack against "us". that's what the media keeps reminding us about.

I think it's only fair, and well thought out, to take that day to show, in no uncertain terms, those people do not speak for all of Islam, and whats more, they want to show you that at least a million of them here in the West actually support and demand the same things from government most other people do.

911 will continue to be used to divide us, be it on religious grounds, or even the conspiracy versus the official story. We should start using 911 as a uniting force, we're all in this together.

911 was the first shot in a war against us, everything we talk about here on ATS outside of aliens and HAARP, stems right from that day. We should take it for what it is, and use the power of that day for us, not them.

Do not allow the media to put you back into that state of fear and panic when they start showing the footage again. Remind yourself, we're all in this together. We have differences, some slight, some huge, but at the core, our goals are all the same.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

They only march when they want something, or are playing at being victims. Where were they in the weeks, months and years after 9-11, London, Madrid, Beslan, Mumbai ect.. All i can recall from ''moderate Islam'' is a continued lack of outrage at these atrocities being carried out in the name of their religion.

Actually some of the Islamist countries were the first to come out against the attacks. While your media played faked videos of "Muslims dancing in the street" to celebrate the attack (fake as in that was an old video of people celebrating something entirely different than terrorism) actual Muslims expressed horror and outrage at the attacks, just like the rest of us.

But, sadly, the name of the game was blame (hey that rhymes) and it was the Muslims we felt like blaming, so blame we did.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

If you are unaware of the profiling and unconstitutional actions being taken out against Muslims all over your country, you are either lying, or so completely ignorant of the world around you, I'm amazed you were even aware of 9/11

Which one? The 9-11 Commission Report, chaired by Thomas Kean has already been published.

Probably the 19 or so pages redacted that potentially showed direct Saudi connections. Yeah, I know, Michael Moore mentioned it in a book and movie so we're supposed to ignore it.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I'm all for it. Let them gather around DC in huge numbers on that infamous date. It's a great opportunity for a false flag event engineered to start a crack down on "homegrown terrorists". All they would need is an opposing demonstration to start violence and allow the government to use deadly force to restrain and regain control of the situation. It is our nation's capitol, we can't have a huge violent crowd get out of control there can we?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
like a million christians could march for their rights in a muslim nation ??
wake up america

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
In light of the uprisings in Egypt and the middle east, this isn't going to end well.

This is just the beginning.

‘Peaceful’ Brotherhood Protesters Torching Coptic Christian Churches

www.nationalreview.com...

The choice of 9/11 as a date is them making a statement, I haven't seen any extreme mistreatment of Muslims, in fact we go out of the way to make them feel comfortable and appease them, and as another poster put it the report has been released, if I was a conspiracy theorist I would say they are empowered by their leader in the WH, who has managed to make the middle eastern nations explode with violence and chaos.
While he plays cards.

If they hadn't chose the 9/11 date I might feel differently,

“To learn who rules over you simply find out whom you are not allowed to criticize.” —Voltaire
edit on 093131p://bThursday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Maybe they want Sharia law? And if they do, what's to stop them?

Think about it, about five percent of our population is GLBTG and they had laws changed that the rest of the population has to accept. What's the population of Muslims in America? Betcha it's a bit more than five percent.

I'm not saying that's want they want, but if they did, what's to stop them from being granted that right?

You really think they're rallying to stop being profiled? Everyone is profiled to some extent, that's never going to change.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
If you are unaware of the profiling and unconstitutional actions being taken out against Muslims all over your country, you are either lying, or so completely ignorant of the world around you, I'm amazed you were even aware of 9/11

Just to say that the US is not my country. However, as you know so much about how Muslims are mistreated in the US perhaps you could actually cite some facts lest people think yoiu are just making it all up, or (worse) believing unsurced YouTube gibberish.

My original statement still stands - How are Muslims treated differently in the US?

Regards

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Where are the complaints, if they were being profiled?

For the love of god this administration has made all of us the enemy, not any one group, they spy and profile everyone.

IN fact truth be known, they are desperate to find a home grown Christian patriotic militia group to justify their aggression against the American people.

“To learn who rules over you simply find out whom you are not allowed to criticize.” —Voltaire

edit on 093131p://bThursday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join