It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if an alien space ship lands in your backyard?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
What would be your reaction?

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Shoot the aliens. Call the news. Negotiate a liscensing agreement with GE for the alien technology.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Don't you think that, may be that's exactly why they do not show up to the general public?, may be they are more afraid of us than we to them.

[edit on 11-11-2004 by Spain]

[edit on 11-11-2004 by Spain]

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I would setup an oversize rat trap using kryptonite as bait next to the door of the ship, hide and wait.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
How I would react? I would look at the aliens with puppy eyes and say:

"I meant to cut the grass later today, sorry".

[edit on 11-11-2004 by merka]

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I would wake up everyone in my house, record the event with my Samsung in one hand and a pistol in the other. Of course I'll kill them. It's tresspassing.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
First things first. I will grab a camera and round up as many people in the neighborhood. Then evidence gathering should take place while the lynch mob moves forward with their torches. After that I'll try to go as far away as possible in case of camera confiscation.

My reaction isn't important. Evidence must be gathered.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Shoot first and ask questions later. Lay waste to the craft and any possible life forms, napalm the area and then dig up the ashes and bury them in a hermetically sealed lead box a thousand miles away.

Once you have done this fire indescriminately into the air with any remaining rounds you have until spent.

It's the human way.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
I would wake up everyone in my house, record the event with my Samsung in one hand and a pistol in the other. Of course I'll kill them. It's tresspassing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The dialog is dificult for ricains ???

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Start snapping pictures while the wife held the camcorder....

Ask if I could take it for a spin.

Take pictures of the aliens and the inside of the craft.

Ask them why they are here.

Ask them why they stay secretive.

Ask them where they are from.

Ask them how their ship works.

Ask them if they have a spare laser pistol lying around.

Ask if they'd mind submitting a blood sample.

Clearly state that I am NOT into anal probing.

Ask them if they've got room for me and the family so we can get off this dirtball....

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Don't forget , dogs , cats + the golden fish

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spain

I'd probably invite them in and let them put their feet up and try and establish a way of communicating with them to figure out what they want.. the spacecraft might get noticed by the neighbours though.. I could always chuck a tarp over it I guess. I'd be stunned for a while but I'd treat them as guests providing they chip in for some take-out.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
1. Ask if they "know an alien who visited in 79 and scared the # out of a small kid and a few friends in the woods. "

2. ask if they have drugs or alchohol with them and watch some Monte Python for a few hours.

[edit on 11-11-2004 by esdad71]

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Tell my wife to get herself and my son out the front door, into the car, and drive away. Then, I'd get my gun, my camera, and my 120lb American Bulldog, and head out to the back yard and see what they want.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Ask if they would please give me a ride off this mudball
planet to some nice place. How much does a ticket cost?
Do they have any position open.. will work to travel.
Oh, and warn them they have just landed on a planet
where the inmates run the asylum, and it might be good
idea to leave as soon as possible.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I love how everyone says 'First thing, I'll get my gun'.

They have a track record of abductions, cattle mutilations and anal probing. Of course you should get your gun. Matter of fact I would rather have a gun in my hand than a camera. We've all seen the shakey videos of UFOs pulsating in the sky. But what about an alien corpse lying in your patio? Theres no debating a .44 to the head

I'm from Texas, what do you expect?

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I would enslave them, clone them, mass market them to Wal-Mart, and sell them as Kif the Passive Wonder Butler. They will take care of all your household chores!

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Seriously, I don't know if we could do anything at all. If they start being aggressive, I won't go down without a fight. If they are peaceful, and we can actually communicate, ask them all sorts of questions about how we evolved, life after death, and of course a ride on the ship!!

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I'd quickly make a ideogram (black marker always handy) telling the aliens not to land on our darn flowers! No one messes with our garden, which we spent so much hard effort into making it look wonderful.

That plus lock the dogs in the house, grab my digi cam and start taking 512MB worth of photos.

Then I'd wander out of the house to greet those aliens.

Grabbing yer gunn and blasting away at them is not what I would call friendly. Plus since they've obviously mastered space flight, they can without a doubt render any of our guns obsolete or blast us away the moment we touch 'em, so why bother.. Just try to make peace, sit down have a cup of tea, choco or whatever and just enjoy a very good conversation and perhaps make some new friends.

Then I would ask them for their website.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Isn't that what beer is for?

Seriously, I'm not sure. But I think I'm of the physical proof variety. Capture live or convince to stay, and defend myself if at all possible.

If it's the grey alien variety, and based on stories, it's a kill them type thing. They seem inherently evil, and experimentation, if real, constitutes a lack of respect for us on their part.

If it's an unknown species, then the grey stories are probably wrong, and you'd really have to offer an olive branch to them(just not a dove, lol). Then see what happens, with your gun holstered, of course.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join