It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mothman

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mothmanguy
Personally, I believe the Mothman to be a mutated bird due to the old power plant it was rumored to inhabit.

Why would nuclear radiation ever give a bird the powers of telepathy, glowing eyes, huge size, and mystical powers of predicting death? Radiation would just give a bird a tumor and cancer.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I only see the mothman as a red eyed big bird. The rest I leave as coincidence. I don't remember the mothman even having telepathy in the book? I basically see the mothman as just the Hogzilla of birds.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Oh okay. Personally, I think the mothman might be a demon. In biblical times, angels were sent to humans as a sign of something great to come, such as the birth of Jesus or the fall of Jericho.

So its not farfetched to say that a demon might have visited humans to foreshadow a great disaster, such as the Silver Bridge collapse.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Very interesting point. Don't get me wrong, it's a big deal, the bridge collapsing; the lives it took. But why would a demon/angel pick this particular event?

[edit on 3-6-2007 by Mothmanguy]

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Well like the scientist said in the movie, "you ever try explaining yourself to a cockroach?". Maybe we are not supposed to know. If you follow the movie and some of what went on in WV, I would lean towards a demonic entity. If you follow the research and the UFO sightings in WV, you could say it is alien. What I believe is that this is so strange, I think it is both. If the human species could be in contact with demons, why couldn't aliens, or even possiby master them? Who knows, very interesting and creepy to say the least.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Spent a week at Pt. Pleasant visiting wifes relatives during mothman craze. Went to the arsenal for 2 nites, saw nothing. Plenty of witnesses.

The description I heard didn"t look like statue that is now there. Might have been a very large crane. Some strange critters spotted in Pa. sounded like the description of a sterasaur. Never saw any ufo's or MIB's while there.

slohand68

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I didn't dislike the film although i was abit disappointed, couldn't put the book down though, riveting read.

In the book Mr Keel talks of a piece of news real he watched on tv in the late sixties (i think), he claims that in that footage their are men that look identicle scattered throughout a crowd. I'd love to trace that piece of footage.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I lean towards the spirit theory. Nature does not make a bipedal, headless moth.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
It should be noted that the movie is only LOOSELY based on factual events.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The book was fantastic and John is a legend.

I read it just before reading about the Cornish 'Owlman' and was associated with the UK outfit CFZ for a while.

I think it was a thought-form projection or conjoured daemonic entity, caused by aliens (who I think are related to the Nephilim of the bible, and probably live underground or under the sea). It might be some type of mutated creature, related to bigfoot, that the aliens have bread FOR this type of survellance and fear mongering.

It sounds more in the book and John's testimony and word that there were unknown forces and maybe even souls at stake in this whole mess. A lot of those who died on the bridge were related to teh sightings or had family that were, so perhaps they died to keep the story hushhush, but of course, I don't think the aliens know humans as intimately as they think they do. Or, perhaps the reverse is true - they knew killing people would make them talk about it and cause a stir that would make people think it was just a coincidence and therefore ignore similiaries that occur on their next trip out into the open.

Strange that such a thing hasn't been seen since then (very often, if those new sightings are related at all). Nor has there ever been any other associated problems like bridges collapsing after alien activities.

Anyone looking into the Cornstalk angle, and that this might be an Indian skinwalker/curse?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The mothman is such a freaky creature. If its real, I always wondered is it from another dimension or from another planet.
edit on 22-12-2014 by ufosareawesome because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Midnight Mutilator

What are some other people's views on this?

aniSgina. Specifically, a raven mocker. From Cherokee ghost stories, fits the description really well.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ufosareawesome

My money is on Mothman being interdimensional by nature

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Mr. Keel was an incredible man. The movie was entertaining, but his books are far more interesting. The Mothman Prophecies deals with everything from strange creatures, poltergeist-type activity, premonition, ufos, men in black, and so much more. I've probably read it 20 or so times (I have a bad memory, so I reread a lot).

For the longest time, I loved Keel, but disagreed with his denouncing UFOs as something other than ETs. Now, though, I think he probably comes the closest to getting it right. At least for my money. His other books are WELL worth a read, too. Keel believed (and documented a lot of evidence) that much of the varied paranormal phenomena, are very likely related...even the same force. His theory revolved around the superspectrum and that sort of idea, which I've always been fond of myself.

It's fascinating stuff. I get a laugh about it, because for so long I tried to evade his work, even while enjoying it. In the end, I really do think it is a matter of dimension and frequency, and that there is something outside of the human perception, colluding to entangle it. One of the great takeaways from Keel's work, was the idea that this strange force was almost comical; easily taken by a sort of sense of wicked mischief.

Anyway, I couldn't recommend Keel enough. His books are still very much relevant today. Of course, even he was chasing the footsteps of Fort, Barker, etc. He's one of my favorite authors. If you're into the paranormal, you'd be doing yourself a great disservice by not reading his books.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ShadeWolf

Nor is there much chance such a being could actually fly. Animals that fly have specific anatomical characteristics enabling them to do so and make sure they aren't too heavily built etc to get themselves off the ground. A huge man-like thing being able to fly using moth wings doesn't really add up, unless it's indeed some kind of apparition, entity or spirit, to which laws of nature don't count. (?)

If you believe in those things, of course.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join