It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could World War III Start With Massive Civil Unrest? Starting now?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
There will not be a WW3. But there maybe a limited nuke exchange between 2 states if Iran gets the capability. But i think that Israel will not allow Iran to get the bomb. Israel will strike first with secret US backing! This is unavoidable! Israel will not allow another 6m jews to perish!! they will strike first to prevent!!

I dont think anyone else will get involved but it will be messy. Probably kill 10m!!

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

I've thought exactly the same way as you for a long time. I still believe Iran is pursuing nukes and I know nothing will ever change because their new leader is the same as their old leader; a violent anti-west/anti-Israel revolutionary Islamic radical. However......I'm really beginning to think Iran is just like N.Korea; all bark and no bite. Maybe that has to do with all of the covert action against them (quite possible). I don't really think Iran or Syria have the collective nuts to start anything major with Israel or the west anymore. I hope I'm right.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Nukes more than likely won't be used, nobody wants to render their neighboring country radioactive, that stuff moves around with a breeze....like peeing in a swimming pool....

WW3 has been going on since 9-11-2001, and is being fought via financial warfare.

The only way nukes will come into it is if a party uses nukes in an "area denial" capacity as a last resort.

I could see this happening if the "Zealots" get hold of a nuke and tag some religious significance to their cause, justify the use of nukes with some BS religious interpretation / justification/ nonsense....

The question is which group of "Zealots" will attain the technology, I don't think Iran ever intended to make nuclear weapons until all of the threats started coming from the U.S. and Isreahell against their making them.

Look up "Iranian Oil Bourse", the only thing actually threatened by chaos in the middle east is the petro dollar.

Christian zealots, Judaic zealots, Islamic zealots...All zealots, all misguided.

Religion is used to justify way too many evil deeds in the world to be anything but dangerous.

edit on 15-8-2013 by MyHappyDogShiner because: blah!

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

ya know nuclear weapons don't actually leave that much residual radiation.. the flash is intense and the immediate burning around the epicenter is hot, but that's the worst part of it.. and it dies down quickly.

The worlds pretty frikken huge, i never could see how they always say the worlds nukes would wipe out the planet x amount of times over...
I don't think a nuclear war would be THAT, as in apocalyptic!

Nations do realize that if they launch all, the opposite will do the same.. however i think some nations can still be slapped around with a small nuke here or there, without totally throwing in the towel for civilization.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

"ya know nuclear weapons don't actually leave that much residual radiation.. the flash is intense and the immediate burning around the epicenter is hot, but that's the worst part of it.. and it dies down quickly."

Buddy you sound like you are talking from experience! Where have you been hanging out? LoL

Joking aside, I live in Scotland and I think I read somewhere all that's required is between three to five 2 megaton warheads exploding at 1000ft to completely annihilate our nation.

Its not like they are short of MIRVs now is it?

I don't fancy anybody's chances when WWIII begins!

Just like the A.I in War Games discovered, the best way to win is not to play!
edit on 15-8-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
So long as the Egyptian military stays loyal the trouble in Egypt will not last long. In Syria the problem was the military had more loyalty to the population than it did to the regime. In this case most of the population supports the military and the military them in return so any insurection will not last long at least on any large scale.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Having paid attention to what is going on in the world, the following can be stated:

When it comes to US policy, and in general geopolitics, the problem is that interest out weight common sense and people are afraid to call a spade a spade.

Take Syria, that is a civil war. Of that there can be no doubt, the problem now is that every one is involved in it, too many outside interests that should just say out and let them sort it out, and take care of those who flee. Russia is backing one side, keeping them afloat with hardward, while the other side, well others are coming in and making a whole mess of the situation. If everyone backed off, then maybe there could be a peaceful resolution that happens.

Egypt, well it started out as a civil war, ending up now as a military coup. And the those that run the government in the US, does not want to leave well enough alone, nor do other outside interests. Here again, it is making a large mess of things.

Too often these days, things are not investigated out, and often the people who are coming into power are far worse than those who were kicked out of power, or even worse yet, have a far darker agenda on their minds and are waiting for the right chance to strike. This has been going on for years and will continue on, till there is one clear victor.

And don't think that will end there, as with any armed conflict, there will be problems and neither side will be saintly.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
If WW3 happens and is spawned out of anything involving the middle east then most historians will probably say that it started on 9/11.

Maybe a more realistic analysis would be that there is one world war that started hundreds of years ago.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephalim
reply to post by darkbake

Did or did not, an egyptian poster here on ats and via youtube tell americans to leave them alone? Not just a month ago. No it was two, apparently. Then there was a third video by some chick.

Why do you need for us to get involved again?
edit on 15-8-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

Actually, that is a good point. Maybe it is better for the Middle East to figure out its own problems, at least it understands them - when the U.S. intervenes, it has messed things up in the past.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

Originally posted by Nephalim

Did or did not, an egyptian poster here on ats and via youtube tell americans to leave them alone? Not just a month ago. No it was two, apparently. Then there was a third video by some chick.

Why do you need for us to get involved again?
edit on 15-8-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

Actually, that is a good point. Maybe it is better for the Middle East to figure out its own problems, at least it understands them - when the U.S. intervenes, it has messed things up in the past.

Well, ignoring the jab and adding to truth... if they want a future that they feel is designed for egyptians, by egyptians, then we need not do more than set an example by founding principle and encourage that conflicts like this should be settled peacefully from our own experience. The other truth behind that (regrettably) is only going to come when they understand that theyre only killing each other needlessly when they allow diplomacy and good will amongst themselves to fail. Hopefully they will see that and come to terms.

My prayers are for the egyptians and other nations in conflict. May they find peace, tolerance and unity soon.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
World War 3 will start with Nukes most lightly an exchange between Pakistan and India. There just proxies really.
edit on 15-8-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

What? And that it an honest what. Even when I put your statement in internet-ese, I get what.

I assume you meant this:
"WW3 will start with nukes most likely between an exchange of Pakistan and India. They are just proxies really.

So Why do you think WW3, and India and Pakistan in particular, will be started at this point? Why not Israel and Egypt? Or the United States and China/Russia/Pick-a-country-in the middle east?

I am curious into why you think this is where it would start; if I have your translation correct of course.
edit on 15-8-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kdyam

The world cares because of the Suez Canal. The only reason the US cares about Egypt is because of the canal. If the US stops funneling the 1.5b to the military, it would leave the door open to Russia who would then have a strategic ally in the middle east. Putin has already made a move by offering to hold war games with the Egyptians.

It's not about the US being allies of the Muslim Brotherhood, it's about the US having some modicum of control over the Suez Canal. We weren't allied with Mubarek because of his domestic policies.

Also, the world is fine with killing your own citizens, it's when you cross borders that they get upset enough to actually do something about it.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
It probably could, but it would take unrest in a majority of countries all at the same time. I dont see that happening. You do present a scary thought though when I look around the world now. Let's hope its not an indiator of things (world war) to come.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Feltrick
reply to post by kdyam

The world cares because of the Suez Canal. The only reason the US cares about Egypt is because of the canal. If the US stops funneling the 1.5b to the military, it would leave the door open to Russia who would then have a strategic ally in the middle east. Putin has already made a move by offering to hold war games with the Egyptians.

The Suez canal is nothing in this day and age though; think about the technological advances we have made since the development of the canal. Sure, 4% of the world's oil supply moves through it, but is it really such a need to move goods?

...it's about the US having some modicum of control over the Suez Canal. We weren't allied with Mubarek because of his domestic policies.

Why though? Give advances in aviation technology, the United States sitting on the largest reserve of oil in the world and the fact that we can move commerce regardless of the canal, why does it matter?!

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

No offense, but this won't start WWIII. Save the drama.

The closest we would have ever come to a real chance of that was in China in 1989 and the Soviet Union in 1990.

Unless it's happening to a major World power, not a chance.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

You think 1990 was the closest we have come with the former USSR? I am curious. What incident do you think drove us near such close borders of WWIII?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
reply to post by pavil

You think 1990 was the closest we have come with the former USSR? I am curious. What incident do you think drove us near such close borders of WWIII?

Technically, the Cuban Missile crisis and a Nato Exercise in the 80's were the closest. When you have the potential overthrow of a Nuclear World Superpower, that always brings the spectre of things going horribly wrong. One small perceived miss-step during that time and things could have escalated badly.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

I don't think I mentioned oil.

No, it's about the US Navy needing a shortcut to the Persian Gulf. At this time, the canal is protected by international treaty and the Egyptian Military. The treaty ensures that any country (even Iran) may use the canal uncontested and the Egyptian military ensures that these ships pass safely through.

Don't underestimate the strategic value of the Suez Canal.

The world would go to war if the Suez was shut down by the Egyptian military or taken under control by a foreign power.

It is still important to international trade as it is the shortest route to Europe and America from the Persian Gulf and Asia. 4% of oil trade doesn't sound like much, but I bet the oil companies would use that to their economic advantage if it was ever shut down.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Every civil war, will be unlikely to originate a global conflict. It's a private matter, to create a black and white idea hear.

I fail to believe a nuclear will will be caused by people that fight wars.

Even a conflict that will set out the biggest players against each other, all loose direct attention, J hope

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

This is what happens when no one has moral legitimacy, we see this kind of violence going on in Egypt and no one is stepping in to stop it because, well, first of all, no one has moral legitimacy to, including the U.S. - we basically have to sit back and watch it happen because, well, there is no argument against it I guess?

The USA was in Iraq, still is in Afghanistan and also contributed in the try to cool the Yugoslavian heads back in the 90's. I believe its time for the USA to sit back and say to the world two words: screw you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join