It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of a possessed doll?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

The doll's eye blinked at 0:20...

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by icyboy771z

OP's video from post above:

My response: Doll was probably low on battery life and only one eye was able to blink...don't think it was possessed like Chucky. That or it was just a one-eyed blinker.

edit on 14-8-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: added videos

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I can't even tell which one blinks.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

These will probably be the most emasculating words ever written by me, but I'm going to go ahead and write them anyway.

If you know anything about dolls, specifically dolls with open/close eyes, you'd know that their eyes operate on a counterweight system, and some of them are so sensitive that they can be set off by the slightest motion of air, or by something as trivial as compressing the carpeting or floor boards beneath the hutch they're sitting on.

Some of them operate on batteries now, which can cause the sporadic blinking and also add to the spook-factor.

My mom was a collector, and when I was a kid her dolls used to scare the $#!t out of me. As I got older I discovered how they worked, and how much of a hair trigger some of them operated on. They're still creepy, but not so much "supernatural" anymore.

[ETA] Here's one on low battery.

And another that uses counterweight eyes...

edit on 14-8-2013 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet
I can't even tell which one blinks.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Doll was probably low on battery life and only one eye was able to blink...don't think it was possessed like Chucky

Not to sure about that, I do believe spirits can move objects in the physical realm. If you watched Destination Truth, there was this episode where Josh went to a island full of haunted dolls and the doll which is very old (definitely not mechanical) winked when asked to do so.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by icyboy771z

Doll was probably low on battery life and only one eye was able to blink...don't think it was possessed like Chucky

Not to sure about that, I do believe spirits can move objects in the physical realm. If you watched Destination Truth, there was this episode where Josh went to a island full of haunted dolls and the doll which is very old (definitely not mechanical) winked when asked to do so.

I wouldn't be terrified by toy dolls blinking...blow-up dolls on the other hand....

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Garkiniss

The blinking is not the creepy part...it is the sound it makes that makes me feel all creeped out...as if the doll were to explode or something....

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Garkiniss

The blinking is not the creepy part...it is the sound it makes that makes me feel all creeped out...as if the doll were to explode or something....

I've replayed the video multiple times, but I don't hear anything out of the ordinary. Maybe your speakers are haunted.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

edit on 14-8-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: added videos

In your videos, the dolls were pressed which caused it to blink rapidly.

The one I posted,you can see no contact was made and the blink was only once.
Of course, you can always attribute it to a sudden gust of wind or something

Anyway if you guys have 5-6 mins to spare, see this video about a famous haunted doll named Annabelle who is now encased in a museum. Really scary stuff.

edit on 14-8-2013 by icyboy771z because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by icyboy771z

In your videos, the dolls were pressed which caused it to blink rapidly.

The one I posted,you can see no contact was made and the blink was only once.
Of course, you can always attribute it to a sudden gust of wind or something

A closed room...gust of wind...I think the child would have noticed and the doll's hair would have moved too.

As for the pressing of the eyes...how do you know this girl didn't press too hard on the other eye causing it to stay open while the other blinked occasionally? Young kids abuse toys...especially dolls

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Btw, interesting video of the Annabell doll...does make you wonder if some dolls can be cursed/haunted by spirits though. *S* for the post.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
They need to investigate, debunking wise first, why it's blinking first. Does it have a history, may be not, as it does look like a new item? Also, see Destination Truth has an investigation of "Island of the Dolls", where one of the dolls blinked. They investigated a it bit.

Perhaps send it off to the island, as shown in the short vid below. Though, by the looks of their existing condition from seeing a few vids and images, a spirit attached probably wouldn't be very happy if their doll body was strung up and decaying.

edit on 14-8-2013 by dreamingawake because: vid

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
She was just acknowledging she was a best friend.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake
They need to investigate, debunking wise first, why it's blinking first. Does it have a history, may be not, as it does look like a new item? Also, see Destination Truth has an investigation of "Island of the Dolls", where one of the dolls blinked. They investigated a it bit.

This the vid.

Don't think this doll is mechanical, so really no explanation except for the mundane reason of a gust of wind blowing across

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

I'm not creeped out by dolls in general but the images of a bunch of dirty, decrepit dolls strung willy nilly throughout a forest is eerie, I'll give it that lol.

If I walked up onto an area like that while hiking, I think I would turn around and get the heck out of dodge.

top topics

join