It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osiris, Nimrod, Merovingian Kings and the Jonah Code - Truth Behind Secret Societies

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by BELIEVERpriest

So why didn't he mention faith? Why would Jesus answer his question by not answering it at all?

"How do I gain eternal life?"

"Well, duh! You keep the commandments, but you can't keep them at all so I'm just pulling your leg. Good luck with that answer you asked for." *walks off* "La dee da dee da."

Uh... no. By giving him the wrong answer, that means he lied. I choose not to believe he lied to anyone. You're treading on thin ice there, by your own standards. Was he telling the man it was impossible to gain eternal life?

The fact is, Jesus answered truthfully, not sarcastically. Him asking why he asked about what's good does not mean he was being sarcastic. Are you sure you know what sarcasm is? Because Jesus' question was not sarcasm by any stretch of the imagination.

So when's the last time you walked on water? Faith gives you that ability according to Jesus. Unless, of course, Jesus never performed any of the miracles and they were only put in after he died.
edit on 16-8-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

He was speaking in parables.

This is why I speak to them in parables, Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand" (Mat. 13:11,13).

The Lamb of God is always the object of faith.

John6:47
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Christianity is an evil religion, more evil perpetrated by Christians in the name of Christ than any other religion in history. It's a religion of hate and exclusion, praying to a vengeful violent God(s).

I don't need a secret society to show me that. Only a history book.

Well my friend OP, you didn't even get one reply into your topic before the anti-Christian posters slammed and derailed your thread. Sadly this is typical ATS.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Didnt see the whole video yet, but the original Jewish calendar ordained by God is Solar, not Lunar. Rosh Chodesh means new month. The identification of Rosh Chodesh with new moon was adopted during Babylonian slavery. The vernal equinox is the first day of the frst month, add 180 days and you get the true annual Feast of Trumpets.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

What he said wasn't a parable at all. There was no hidden meaning behind what he said, only the one that you are creating yourself. First it was sarcasm, now it was a parable, what will it be next? Please try to stop moving the goalposts.

Have you ever walked on water? Turned water into wine? You seem to be ignoring that part of my posts.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Christianity is an evil religion, more evil perpetrated by Christians in the name of Christ than any other religion in history. It's a religion of hate and exclusion, praying to a vengeful violent God(s).

I don't need a secret society to show me that. Only a history book.

Have you ever read the Gospels and examined the teachings and action of Jesus, including his Magnum Opus or Great Work of the Ages, Mr. Mason?

How can one be a Mason and be anti-Christian, I don't get it, guess they're desperate for new members or something.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Have you walked on water? I have not. How is it relevant?

Luke 9:60 Let the dead bury their own dead...

That is harsh sarcasm to get the point across. The non believers have dead spirits. Jesus used parables, sarcasm, metaphors and other poetic literary devices to teach His message. If you cant see it, you are blind. Just read the gospels again and refresh you memory before you askanymore redundant questions.
edit on 16-8-2013 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

So you've already forgotten what I've said?

John 14
12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

This verse is why it's relevant. Jesus says "very truly" that anyone who believes in him will be able to do the things he did, which include the miracles. If you believe in him, why can't you raise people from the dead or walk on water?

Parables are not the same as sarcasm, they are two totally different forms of speech. You attributed the same saying to both forms of speech which shows you are moving your goalposts to fir your presuppositions.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

So you've already forgotten what I've said?

John 14
12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

This verse is why it's relevant. Jesus says "very truly" that anyone who believes in him will be able to do the things he did, which include the miracles. If you believe in him, why can't you raise people from the dead or walk on water?

Parables are not the same as sarcasm, they are two totally different forms of speech. You attributed the same saying to both forms of speech which shows you are moving your goalposts to fir your presuppositions.

If Jesus' primary goal was to perform miricles and healings, then he failed. He didnt come to heal. He came to announce that He was the only begotten son of God and to pay for the sins of the world. The miricles and healings were part of His ministry to prove that He was the true Messiah and that His advent was the fulfillment of prophecy. The greater nature of His work was not in His miricle production, but in the lessons He taught. Any demon possessed fool can perform miricles, Ive witnessed some myself. But that work is not greater than the work of Christ. The work that Jesus was refering to in the above passage related to learning, teaching, love, humility, spreading the gospel. These works are all more valuable than walking on water. What good does walking on water do? Its a mere spectacle.

Im not moving the "goalpost". Im merely illustrating that Jesus used poetic devices to illustrate a spiritual principle some are parables, some are metaphors, and sometimes sarcastic wise cracks.

"You straine out a gnat but swallow the whole camel..." Thats hyperbole. No one was really swallowing a whole camel, He was exaggerating to illustrate the Phariseen hypocrisy.

"Let the dead bury their dead" Physically dead people cant bury dead people. Its sarcasm. It can not be taken literally. To take it literally would be to miss the point. Just like when Nicodemus replied, "shall a grown man enter his mother's womb again?"

"Why do you ask what is good ? For only one is good..." This is mot a command to follow the Law for salvation, but a wake up call..."The Law cant save you".

I get the feeling that your only interest in this discussion is to simply contradict my every move.

If you dont agree that Jesus came to pay for sin, then why do you think He came? Surely He didnt come to heal an handfull of people and teach us the art of walking on water. Ive done enogh explaining. First you sqy that Jesus hid in the shadows of dionysus and the old gods, and that he didnt perform those miricles, now you claim He came to train a fleet of water walkers and miricle workers.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Jesus' main purpose was to spread the truth in his message, it was not to die for our sins. Why would Jesus come and teach to love one another, a.k.a. good works, then nullify those teachings by dying on the cross?

Jesus said loving one another encompassed the whole law, which is the 10 commandments. Why would he teach that the way to life was to keep the commandments then turn around and instruct Paul to say this:

Romans 10
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Jesus specifically said he came NOT to abolish or end the law but to fulfill it, a.k.a. doing his part by keeping the law.

John 15
10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commands and remain in his love.

Was he being sarcastic or speaking in parables here as well? Why would he instruct us to keep his commands if he knew it was impossible for us to do so? That's very disingenuous of him.

I'm not contradicting anything you say, you are contradicting yourself. Case in point: first you say Jesus was being sarcastic about keeping the commands, then you say he was speaking in parables about keeping the commands. Sarcasm is not the same as a parable, so that is a contradiction on your part not mine.

You apparently missed the point I was trying to make. I never said Jesus came to make everyone water walkers or to raise someone from the dead. My point was that Jesus said that anyone who believed in him would do what he did and even greater. Why then can no one walk on water or raise people from the dead?

John 14
12 “Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father.

Was he lying here or did he not have the miracles in mind because he never performed them and they are only embellishments added by later authors? My bet is on the latter.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The thing for all the Christians have to answer is this:

What was or is the metaphysical law that required a sacrifice of Jesus?

Not dogma please . . . but the spiritual law that governs such a theory.

What force in reality requires such an act? What in spiritual nature compels a God to sacrifice Jesus?

One says God sacrificed his only son to ameliorate sins.
What metaphysical law backs this theory up?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

You do realize that the Law encompassed much more than the 10 commandments right? Read Exodus, Deuteronomy, and Leviticus for these Laws. The Law was broken down into three categories. The moral codex being the 10 commandments, the spiritual codex being the Levitical Laws of sacrafice and diet, and the civil Law involving claims and counter claims. Jesus fulfilled all categories three categories to the 't'. He told us to keep the moral comandments to protect love and morality. The spiritual law of sacrafice was satisfied by the cross. The new testament epistles preserve the principles of the ten commandments for clean spiritual life, but keeping the commandments will not get you to in to heaven. The only one of the ten commandments that is no longer relevant is the keeping of the sabbath, as it pertains to maintanence of the spiritual feasts, sabbatical years, and,jubilees.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Yes I realize that, but what you fail to realize is that he was speaking of the 10 commandments.

Mark 10
17 As Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to him and fell on his knees before him. “Good teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

18 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone. 19 You know the commandments: ‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, you shall not defraud, honor your father and mother.

This also nullifies your statement earlier that Jesus claimed to be the only one who was good.

John 14
15 “If you love me, keep my commands.

What did you say earlier?

The Law was God's standard. He never expected us to keep it. He expected us to realize that we were hopless in trying to keep it, therefore we needed a savior.

So I guess this means Jesus never expected us to love him? Remember, his commandments covered all of the law, so it seems like you do not believe you can love Jesus.

Like I said, you hold many contradictions within your belief system. Jesus' own words prove your statement that keeping the commandments won't get you to heaven as totally and utterly wrong.
edit on 17-8-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Willtell
The thing for all the Christians have to answer is this:

What was or is the metaphysical law that required a sacrifice of Jesus?

Not dogma please . . . but the spiritual law that governs such a theory.

What force in reality requires such an act? What in spiritual nature compels a God to sacrifice Jesus?

One says God sacrificed his only son to ameliorate sins.
What metaphysical law backs this theory up?

The Levitical Law required the sacrafice of a spotless Lamb for the attonment of sin on a regular basis. The lamb was a symbol for the Messiah, therefore Jesus was known as the Lamb of God.

The idea behind the scapegoat sacrafice was that Adam introduced sin into the world genetically. The sin nature is passed on to all humans through the male parent. Jesus was born of a virgin and was therefore without sin, making Him the Lamb of God. Once sin is introduced into a person, the sinner cant undo the effects by keeping any system of morallity. Its like painting the walls of a moldy house white. It will look good for a while, but the mold is still there and will eventually return. So Jesus paid for the penalty for all sins, past, present, and future. So now sin is not the issue any more, but the quality of our works or deeds. Since a sinner cant produce good work, we have to accept Jesus work as our substitute. He paid the penalty of sin for us, He fulfilled the Law for us, and He did thegood work for us. So getting into heaven is not an issue of merit as Christ satisfied that merit, but simply an issue of your attitude towards Christ's work.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   

The man ran up to Him calling Him good teacher instead of realizing that He was the son of God making Him God. So Jesus was reflecting the man's perspective back to him.

'Only God is good, and you dont consider me God, so why do you assume Im good? Therefore, the way to inheret eternal life is throught flawlessly keeping the Law.'

So if you think you can keep the whole Law from birth to death without one slip up, I guess you can get to heaven. But I cant do that. If you can, Ill have to shake your hand when we get there.

Again sarcasm. I already illustrated other examples of Jesus being sarcastic. This is the same here.

"If you love me keep my commands".

This has nothing to do with eternal life. Once you have faith in Christ, eternal life is yours. This has to do with obedience to His command. All those who love Christ will fail at times to keep His commands, but keeping theM expresses love and humility towards Him.

edit on 17-8-2013 by BELIEVERpriest because: Addition

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   

So God is not a good teacher in your opinion? Jesus said his Father taught him everything he knew, so Jesus would disagree with that sentiment.

What about keeping the commandments to love him? Since you believe that the laws are not able to be kept, does that mean you believe people are unable to love Jesus? Because Jesus said those who loved him kept his commandments, which covered all of the law.

ETA: Just saw your edit. How does it not have anything to do with eternal life? You have very selective memory.

John 14
15 “If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.

Matthew 19
17 "Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments."

How does it NOT have to do with eternal life? You have selective hearing as well.

So by saying you can't keep his commands all the time, that means you don't always love him?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

So God is not a good teacher in your opinion? Jesus said his Father taught him everything he knew, so Jesus would disagree with that sentiment.

What about keeping the commandments to love him? Since you believe that the laws are not able to be kept, does that mean you believe people are unable to love Jesus? Because Jesus said those who loved him kept his commandments, which covered all of the law.

Jesus was the best teacher, but He is also God..If this man had accepted that, he would have called Him Lord, not simply teacher. Lets say your dad's name is Tom. Do you call him Dad, or Tom? As his son, the respectful thing to to would be to call him dad.

Have you ever broken your parents' rules and gotten in trouble? Does that mean you didnt love them because on some occasion, you broke their commands? I hope not. Because you love and respect them, you follow their rules, but does that mean you never made a mistake, or that any mistake equals hatred for your parents?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

I guess Peter didn't think he was god either huh?

Mark 9
5 Peter said to Jesus, "Rabbi, it is good for us to be here. Let us put up three shelters--one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah."

Mark 11
21 Peter remembered and said to Jesus, "Rabbi, look! The fig tree you cursed has withered!"

What about the man Jesus cured of blindness?

Mark 10
51 “What do you want me to do for you?” Jesus asked him.

The blind man said, “Rabbi, I want to see.”

52 “Go,” said Jesus, “your faith has healed you.” Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus along the road.

And Mary Magdalene?

John 20
16 Jesus said to her, “Mary.”

She turned toward him and cried out in Aramaic, “Rabboni!” (which means “Teacher”).

There are other instances where he is called rabbi as well.

Jesus even welcomed being called rabbi or teacher.

Matthew 23
8 “But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers.

Jesus was their teacher, so he had no problem with that label. Your assumption falls under scrutiny.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Most, if not all of the disciples didnt even believe Jesus was God until His ressurection. Yes Jesus was a teacher, but you dont aproach God asking about eternal life while reducing His status to teacher. Thats the whole point to eternal life. Jesus was God taking respnsibility for His creation. To call Him teacher in this instant would be disrespectful.

I suppose you dont accept that Jesus was God. But Peter did believe it after the fact. Just read his epistles.

John the baptist didnt call Him teacher, but the Lamb of God, indicating His sacraficial nature. What is your opinion on that?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Why did Jesus call himself a teacher in Matthew 23:8? He obviously had nothing against being called teacher. He even healed a blind man's sight moments after he called him teacher! Your assumption that he thought the title was disrespectful is baseless.

Jesus was no more God than we are. He was not God himself, but he did speak for him and was part of him. Jesus said his Father was greater than he, so even he didn't claim to be God.

John the Baptist is not who you think he is. John shares similarities with Dionysus, and guess what Dionysus used to do? Sacrifice lambs! His cult was one of the first to use a lamb as a symbol of sacrifice, so him calling Jesus the lamb of god is no surprise at all.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Lamb sacrifice has antediluvian roots, long before dionysus.
We are taljing in circles here, I think Ive said all I care to say on the subject.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join