It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi hostages found in Falluja ( alive )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 06:38 AM
link   

US-led troops involved in fighting against insurgents in the Iraqi city of Falluja have found four imprisoned men believed to be Iraqi hostages.
Three of the men were contractors working for the US military, a US marines spokesman said, and the fourth said he was a taxi-driver.

All of the men had been beaten and starved and were wearing handcuffs.

US-led forces say they have rid more than 70% of the the city of insurgents in the battle, which began on Tuesday.

more details

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Not much detail yet.
I'm curious as to what stories these people have lived to tell.

I saw some video of the taxi driver. Sores around his ankles, where the shackles
had been attached. He looked relatively ok, but you could tell he had been through "something".

I'm glad they were rescued. It says something about how quickly the insurgents had to bug-out.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Thank God that some good has come out of all this. Now if we can just find where they have the rest of the hostages, we might be able to do some good over there. I sincerly believe that had we handeled Iraq in a completly different way, there would never have been any hostages.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Makes you wonder why the captives didn't quickly execute them before they left (I'm glad they didn't). The hostages would have some extremely valuable information about identities etc.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
They probably didnít execute them because their leadership left them high and dry. Letís face it, these thugs are cowards, killing innocents after their outrageous, egotistical demands are not met.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The only reason for leaving them alive would be unintentional DISINFORMATION. Otherwise, they would have been executed. I seriously hope that any US commanders take any of their info with a grain of salt, as it was likely falsified in the hostages presence...

top topics

join