It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly Discovered Eighth Grade Exam From 1912 Shows How Dumbed Down America Has Become

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by GeneralChaos

I really don't know how many times this has been posted here over the years but it is a lot.
Dumbed down?
Yes!

Newly discovered?
NO!

Where did I write it was "newly discovered"? That would be the article itself where this was written, not something I wrote.

Show me where I said that "you" wrote ANYTHING.
Then we'll go from there.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

There are a lot of spelling errors in that test. I don't know about school now, I've been out 10 years, but I thinj I couldve done well enough on that test in 8th grade.

Those were typos, there were no computers back then, it was all typed with a typewriter which means if there was a typo they would have to buy/use more paper so often times they would not retype the questions with the correct spelling.

That was also most probably a copy for the teacher, the teacher would then read the questions the day of the exam and the students would have to write down part of the question or just write the answer. Otherwise, if the school district had the funds, it would have been mass produced in a printing press.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeneralChaos

Show me where I said that "you" wrote ANYTHING.
Then we'll go from there.

You were replying to my post, nowhere did you write you were referring to the article itself, hence why I clarified that it was in the article and not something I wrote myself.
edit on 16-8-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I made an account specifically because this shocked me. I'm Dutch and I thought education here was bad, but if you think this is what eighth grade should look like, that's insane. I had most of this stuff in 5th grade, and I'm saying most because the rest is 3rd grade level. Granted, it's been 12 years since I've been in elementary and I know education here also took a blow. But this was really shocking to me. What does it say about the current level of education in the US if this is considered more difficult than what 8th graders are getting now?!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join