It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NAACP: The 4th branch of government

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Actually, she attempted to justify her call for an investigation into this incident...it was quite clear...and literal. Just admit when you're wrong, Kali! The sting will wear off quickly!

Admitting error doesn't sting. She believes the clown was a hate crime... personally I would say hate speech not crime and I don't think it was literal. Even if it was literal I don't see the DOJ jumping on this. Do you?

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

She believes the clown was a hate crime... personally I would say hate speech not crime and I don't think it was literal.

Distasteful? Maybe.

Crime? Uh…NO!

She defended her call for investigation. She wants the Secret Service and DOJ to investigate and GO AFTER this guy because he made fun of Obama…
This is the kind of crap we ALWAYS see from the NAACP. They want to attack, attack, attack regardless of the law.

Even if it was literal I don't see the DOJ jumping on this. Do you?
Considering the other times the government has jumped when the NAACP told them to…it’s possible. Ratcliff’s actions have already led to this guy being banned from doing rodeo in that state for life. Is that a fitting punishment for a distasteful joke?? The NAACP ruined his career!

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Considering the other times the government has jumped when the NAACP told them to…it’s possible. Ratcliff’s actions have already led to this guy being banned from doing rodeo in that state for life. Is that a fitting punishment for a distasteful joke?? The NAACP ruined his career!

When has the government jumped when the NAACP told them to? The guy being banned from doing rodeo for life to me is a just punishment. Like Ratcliffe said, the State Fair is a tax funded event, why should a section of tax payers be subjected to old racist jokes about black peoples lips? The guy should have realized that it was quite possible some black people might enjoy the rodeo too. It's his own damn fault.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Admitting error doesn't sting. She believes the clown was a hate crime... personally I would say hate speech not crime and I don't think it was literal. Even if it was literal I don't see the DOJ jumping on this. Do you?

I don't believe you're "literally" that ignorant. I think we both know that no one mentions the DOJ getting involved unless you're speaking about what you believe to be a LITERAL CRIME! Give us a break!

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
NAACP was actually founded by 12 wealthy Jews in 1912....The Zionists are very skilled at using Blacks as a battering ram against White America.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
oh....and I would also point out that when 12 jews founded the NAACP, they appointed a Black front man named WEB DuBois...later exposed as a Communist Party member!

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
What say I?

I say it looks like you hand-picked every inflammatory remark you could find.

Ugh.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by BellaSabre

So don't you want to be specific or would you rather I decide what your point is and debate myself?

Drive-by posters!

Meh...

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

I'm entitled to my own, right? I've given examples of the NAACP's actions and influence.

You are certainly entitled to it, but in this case it's clearly erroneous. Calling - even wrongly - for a prosecution of someone at a rodeo does not make you the fourth most powerful entity in the land. Put up against the real sway held by, say, big business the influence of the NAACP pales into almost complete insignificance.

There are many more but there is only so much space in a single post. I've heard a lot of people claim they disagree yet few want to discuss the specific examples. After all, how can one refute facts. The NAACP goes after people and they have influenced our DOJ to do the same.

edit on 16-8-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

I am not saying they are powerless. They are clearly a vocal lobby with some sway. What I take issue with is your inflation of "going after people" and (arguable) "influencing" of the DOJ to the patently absurd notion that they are the fourth most powerful group in the United States. Even if it was a "metaphor" (which is not by the way a license to hyperbolise).

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Coincidentally I happened to be reading something just now for work and came across a story about the NAACP trying to get a Disney movie (The Song of the South) banned. Despite its pretty inarguable racism, nobody listened and the film was in fact only withdrawn by Disney voluntarily in the late 90s.

The "fourth branch of government" was unable to prevent a theatrical rerelease in 1986 and er, a theme park ride debuting in 1989. So I'm not sure how powerful they actually are.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join