It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sun blinked. Yeah- you heard me...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

I'm getting tired of this weird crap happening- because I then try to find an explanation... and well... *scratches head* how in the *world* does one research wacky crap?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by Dianec

Diane,

Thanks for the input, but that comment wasn't directed to the OP.

Oops. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

"I agree, also; the odds of getting hit with the shadow of an object that big and not notice it it the sky is pretty high. Unless we are going space objects or the sun"

I got a weird impression it was something (or somethings) mind numbingly big and equally mind numbingly fast. I forgot to mention that it was completely overcast out.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

"...and because two people saw it you can rule out a medical cause."

And you have NO idea how happy I am to be able to rule that out! I have been under some nasty stress. I actually ended up with a facial tic from it!

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
reply to post by jacygirl

I'm getting tired of this weird crap happening- because I then try to find an explanation... and well... *scratches head* how in the *world* does one research wacky crap?

Your read everything you can find on it (thus far only on ATS but probably more places similar to this out there). You then find similaries and differences in the accounts (very dark and fast versus 1 time or 3 times). Break the stories down to facts only. Take what people say as truth and begin exploring. It's a phenomenological study. It seems there are more of the stories out there so would be interesting to see someone do it.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

Heh...

You actually believe NASA knows what they are talking about?

Interesting.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
I just wanted to make a note. .. .

That is not to say that there wasn't a rather large UFO fly in the path of the OP sunlight.

I don't see anything else that would explain it better.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

Once would have been "my brain hiccuped". 3 times tho... It was enough for me to be able to study it (and wonder if I wasn't going south mentally at first). I am glad she saw it, too. I tried to get every detail as possible, because if I needed to talk to a doctor, I wanted to be able to explain what it was I experienced.

The darkness was absolute (at least outside... room lights when it did it a fourth time were not affected). Like someone zipped 4 Death Star sized objects across the sky. Or...turned the sun on and off.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Have you researched Mass Hysteria?

How about Shadow People?

Both of those are things that can effect 2 people at once.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I used 'blinked' because that's what it *looked* like- exactly like someone had been fooling with the lightswitch for the sun. Whatever it *actually* was, I'd love to know. Notice I am saying it was NOT spaceships, interdimensional portals, fairies, elves, Or Dumbo the flying elephant- Only that it looked damned strange and kinda freaky. And it first and foremost made me wonder if I wasn't headed for the hospital...!
edit on 14-8-2013 by wylekat because: Dammit, Autocorrect!

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by applesthateatpeople

You actually believe NASA knows what they are talking about?

No.I was just using them as an example.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The moon winked back, I think we're in the middle of a love triangle.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
The moon winked back, I think we're in the middle of a love triangle.

Or. . .

Would that be a Menage Troi?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
reply to post by Dianec

"...and because two people saw it you can rule out a medical cause."

And you have NO idea how happy I am to be able to rule that out! I have been under some nasty stress. I actually ended up with a facial tic from it!

Stress if so bad for your health. It can bring on autoimmune disease, heart failure - all kinds of nasty stuff (as I preach to myself due to about a year of high stress). That's been proven through lots and lots of studies so we all need to be taking care of ourselves better. Eat really healthy, rest, and try to reset your system before it becomes a full blown disease. I'm there now myself. Long recovery process.

The two people response made me think of no correlation due to various diseases and how they can affect vision. Inflammation can manifest in visual symptoms (greying of vision, blackness, auras). A detached retina or other eye disturbance could have been an explanation as well. Back to Inflammation - it is both a cause and a symptom of disease and can cause a lot of strange disturbances that manifest in our vision. The fact that both of you saw it makes it extremely unlikely you both experienced the same exact physiological response with the same symptoms at the exact same time. To do the stats in how small would take some work but I feel very confident in saying the likelihood of this is nil.

I for one believe you saw whatever this thing was. I had no idea others had experienced this until your started this post. It's something you can't google or research (thus far can find nothing). It's worthy of more attention.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I have been reading thru that, and the related thread it referred to, and that's what happened here: mind boggling blinkage. For the object to have blotted out an overcast sky like that.... well, 3 of them...

I think I will read more of those posts tomorrow. At least I know I'm not needing serious medical help.
. I still have the damned facial tic from all the stupid drama and stress from the past few months.
edit on 14-8-2013 by wylekat because: *smacks around the damned autocorrect some more*

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

"The two people response made me think of no correlation due to various diseases and how they can affect vision. Inflammation can manifest in visual symptoms (greying of vision, blackness, auras)."

One of the main reasons I was getting massive stress was some family issues (It starts at Probate and just gets ugly from there). I actually saw *red* after some of the unbelievable mind boggling crap that people who raised me and are my biological (I think) parents (I refuse to call them 'family') and sister have managed to pull off. Aside from that- my last eye exam in May said I had perfectly healthy eyes. Wife says I'm not crazy, but agrees the stress was going to kill me if it didn't let up. The other main thing was the hellhole of an apartment we got suckered into- and then got suckered right back out of after I took like 60+ pics of the joint. :-D I had a row with the owners of the joint, showed off the pics, they cancelled our lease- and we are in a MUCH nicer place. Somewhere else. Then... all this weird crap. Read my other post on here about the weird glowing cloud. What fun! This and a couple other experiences we've gone through, that If I had a camera, I'd be making the talk show circuit.
if it weren't for her seeing the same stuff, I'd be dangling by my feet in a rubber room, because I wouldn't even believe it myself.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

"How about a loud sound or some other sudden stimulus that caused you and your wife to blink simultaneously?"

3 times? I am sure the sun didn't actually go out... but as dark as it got in those 3 'blinks'- ugh. Also... I didn't blink. In fact... my eyes were not only open, they were WIDE open, from shock. Like I said in the other posts... I was expecting to be headed to the hospital.... I am glad I heard her ask what the hell that was.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I was on a golf course today with 1600 hundred other people, guess we all blinked at the same time.

Or maybe we didn't "heard you"

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat
[
Stress today comes from others instead of the lion analogy we hear about during fight or flight. Our bodies dont distinguish though (between modern and ancient threats). Good thing with ancients is you escaped or died so werent fighting or fleeing long term. Our bodies havent evolved yet so we have to override it consciously. Keep the stress low so your nervous system can recover and hopefully reset. It sounds like your recovering now and the crisis has passed thank goodness. But there is damage so try to heal yourself using all within and without.

I can see others have experienced this same sun phenomenon as you yet an old thread about this died. There is a link to it on an earlier post here. I actually forgot where I was and posted in it. It's old but really has some good stories to add to the few good ones in here. I saw lots of people saying "bird or plane" but those don't completely block the sun (blackness). They cast a shadow. It's like sticking a tennis ball over an ant and then moving an object between the two. It would have to be larger than the tennis ball to completely block it out.

Ill keep checking in and hope some more daring theories come out. Daring meaning ones that are not answers that discount the exact descriptions given to fit what we want it to fit - that take into account details of reports of this. No one so far has done that so im hoping for a scientific mind to analuze the data and try and find a match or at least build a working hypotheses.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Just wanted to add that I've experienced this a couple times (maybe four?) in the last few years; it was a once only lights-out though, not triple.

I was indoors but near a sunny window each time, it couldn't have been a plane because I'm in the I-5 corridor and the only planes going overhead are 40,000 feet up and I don't think the shadow from a plane at that altitude would change the light that much. If it had been a local small plane or helicopter I would have heard it and it would have been going slow enough to identify.

I told myself each time it must have been a bird coming close to the window but darned if it didn't seem too fast for a bird and more like it blinked the light out entirely for a split second than just a shadow passing past the window.

Maybe somebody's messing with the matrix settings

As far as investigations goes, if people start posting such events along with their location and the time of it, we could start getting a handle on it; the default presumption when it happens is that you're either imagining things, or a shadow of some kind (of something you can't see).

Cool story, very cool title.
edit on 15-8-2013 by signalfire because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join