It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP sues U.S. alleging abuse of power after 2010 Gulf spill

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

well ain't this rich british petroleum is upset because we won't send them any work after they unleashed a virtual petroleum volcano off our southern coast . i say go home and do same thing off your own coast and see what queen elizabeth and your pm say about giving you idiots any future contracts. in my opinion all their property in this country shoulfd be seized and all their oil wells in our waters to because they never adequately reimbursed the people of the us for the damage they did here.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
We also need to do it with china. Boycott all the Chinese junk and stores that sell it. We need to bring jobs back here. We could also boycott all these new cheap foreign cars and tack on big import fees for them.

I'm willing, are you?
Sorry for going astray.

edit on 8/14/2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by occrest
Hmmm.....

The old restaraunt mantra comes to mind here...

"We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone."

edit on 14-8-2013 by occrest because: (no reason given)

The US government do have the right to refuse service. In this case however you have ONE branch of the government banning a company from ALL government contracts. How is that fair? The EPA do not have the power to make that decision for the government as a whole...

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

edit on 14/8/2013 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Either there is more here than meets the eye or there really are men and women out there who have become completely withdrawn of all human emotion. Except greed of course.

What a $hit tornado this whole mess has become...

Texas sues BP, Halliburton, others over oil spill

Florida sues BP, Halliburton over 2010 oil spill

Hmm...

Halliburton’s confession that it destroyed critical evidence in the aftermath of the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill could be worth billions of dollars to BP.

Link

Has that thing even fully stopped leaking?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
This is more about US protectionism than anything else. Arguably, the US authorities have allowed the money fest to go unchecked as a way of hobbling and weakening a large foreign company – a foreign company in direct competition with other large US companies. These large US oil companies are laughing all the way to the bank!

The Gulf oil spill was a bad accident which involved BP and several other companies. The destruction of the Gulf through pollution from the USA remains unchecked. Question, would a US company be treated in the way BP has been treated.

BP has a point. The US authorities need to act less parochially and more transparently. The only people getting really rich out of this are lawyers!

Regards

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
BP has a point. The US authorities need to act less parochially and more transparently. The only people getting really rich out of this are lawyers!

Have you ever heard of having one of your buddies rob the convenience store while you are working the register, only to split the cash with you later at home?

Same kind of situation, just on a much grander scale.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
It's all up to us. Really. You still decide how you spend your money.
Don't fill your tank in a BP station. End of story.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Every State in the United States should sue BP right now. We should encourage Mexico and other nations to sue BP as well. Unfortunately, The carpet bagging, easily purchased, enemies within yes men / Women in Congress will betray America for any price, as well as others, in order to obtain a few more Swiss bank accounts.

What it all comes down to is that they are all traitors. Red China already owns them, just as they own the Manchurian puppet Obama.TEPCO in Japan owns the liars too, so why not BP? It's enough to make you puke every single minute of the day.
~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Basically BP isn't doing so well financially. I've heard that in Alaska on the North Slope that at BP camps they do not serve hot food. They have also lost a few big contracts too up here. It would not surprise me if BP goes bankrupt soon.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

But they are sorry.

No they aren't CEO's don't care as long as their is black gold coming and people buying it over priced they don't care.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I am not sure of the details with existing fields/leases and new leases / business. The word floating around is that the field they discovered is huge. This might have something to do with one or both sides of the situation.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
As long as he's got his life back...

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I don't think BP was at fault.
The leak imo may have been inadvertently caused by forces
no one can comprehend as yet

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The thing that really makes me laugh at BP is that whilst driving around town BP petrol stations are THE MOST EXPENSIVE to buy from.
So not only are they now trying to sue the US for 'stepping over their bounds' they are also getting us motorists to pay for the clean up in the first place.
BP what a disgusting company you really are, YOU made the mistakes, you should OWN up to it for once.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
reply to post by tothetenthpower

well ain't this rich british petroleum is upset because we won't send them any work after they unleashed a virtual petroleum volcano off our southern coast . i say go home and do same thing off your own coast and see what queen elizabeth and your pm say about giving you idiots any future contracts. in my opinion all their property in this country shoulfd be seized and all their oil wells in our waters to because they never adequately reimbursed the people of the us for the damage they did here.

There hasn't been a company called British Petroleum for decades. BP has no links to the UK government, it's publicly owned and I believe the largest shareholding is within America. It's always nice to rant, but it's even nicer if the actual facts support you.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection
I don't think BP was at fault.
The leak imo may have been inadvertently caused by forces
no one can comprehend as yet

It was their fault, the safety stuff that should have been in the pipe were not, There should have been I don't remember what kind of valve in the pipe and it wasn't there that is why they couldn't close the pipe after the accident.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I don't understand.

With all the TV commercials lately about how BP is committed to safety, who could possibly dispute their honest and straight forward integrity ?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join