It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPS A300 Crashes at Birmingham (Al)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Reports have broken that an Airbus A300-600 freighter has crashed on approach to Birnigham Airport, Alabama.

There were two pilots on board but there is no word yet on whether or not they are ok. An NTSB team has been sent to investigate the crash, which occurred in the early hours of the morning, local time.

www.flightglobal.com...

US investigators have identified the aircraft involved in an accident at Alabama's Birmingham airport as an Airbus A300-600 operated by freight carrier UPS.

Preliminary surveillance data indicates that an aircraft from Louisville, matching this description, had been on approach to runway 18 at Birmingham at around 05:00.

www.flightglobal.com...

"At this time, we have not confirmed the status of our pilots," says the carrier.

The A300, powered by Pratt & Whitney PW4000 engines, was registered N155UP with manufacturer serial number MSN841, says Airbus. It was delivered to UPS in 2003 and had accumulated about 11,000 flight hours in about 6,800 flights.

Airbus says it will assist in the investigations and has dispatched a team to Birmingham.

edit on 14-8-2013 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Both pilots were killed in the crash. Their bodies were found about 100 yards from the wreckage. One witness said he saw the plane on fire, another said she heard the engines sputtering like there was a fuel problem or something.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Terrible. It seems I am a bit slow on this as I have now found a thread which has been running some time here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It didn't show on my Initial search.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by waynos

I'm not surprised. I have trouble with the search engine as well.

Something happened to them on the descent into the airport it sounds like. Be it bird strike, or fuel problem, or cargo issue.

top topics

join