It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's true, they're purposefully dividing us by race

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Oprah did it for me. She was sloppy, desperate, and picked on the wrong country and salesperson to lay her race claims. Oprah accidentally showed this administration's hand at race baiting. She is a tool, albeit a powerful media tool, but nonetheless a friend of President Obama, black, and pulling our strings to continue dividing this nation.

Here's what I'm talking about: Oprah was in Switzerland shopping at a high street store and asked to look at a $35,000 handbag. The shop assistant, according to Oprah, refused her and instead showed Oprah lesser expense handbags believing that she could not afford the more expensive bag (rather Oprah believes the shop assistant thought that). Oprah walked out under the assumption that because she's black the shop assistant refused her the exact service requested (don't get me started about the black AMEX card either - silly lady).

Now, the shop assistant has defended herself, quite articulately in her non-native tongue - English - and explained she was showing Oprah bags of similar size/stature but without the super, high cost. She also said it's her job to sell bags, so no - racism is not in her sales method. Furthermore, she admits she may have misunderstood Oprah asking to see the $35K handbag, but that's just it - a misunderstanding. Lastly, she's upset that instead of calling her managers, Oprah instead used her vast media empire to slander this lowly shop assistant.

Learn more: www.tmz.com...
(Yes, I just used TMZ as a source for ATS)

That was part 1.

Now, let's travel back in time to March 23 when President Obama made this remark: "When I think about this boy, I think about my own kids, and I think every parent in America should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative that we investigate every aspect of this... If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon."

Yes, the constitutional attorney we have as a President said his son (in a roundabout way, Trayvon Martin) was killed for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Obama polluted the pool. He unjustly set the precedent for how this case was going to go, and that Zimmermann must be found guilty. (As we know, he wasn't).

He's race baiting. It seems.

So we have two black friends, Oprah and Obama, who are very powerful people willfully pulling the strings of the American public to divide black against white.

This is not an anti-Obama post, instead I'd like to know why ATS thinks these two friends would use race baiting at this time in history.

Also, any other examples tying race baiting to this government administration would be helpful.

edit on 14-8-2013 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I honestly believe that this administration is trying to incite us to wreak havoc in the streets against each other so they will have a reason to slam the heavy boots of the DHS straight down on our asses..
Believe it or not, ive given this a lot of thought.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I am not able to see the connection to aliens or UFO's.
I thought some more, still not coming up with any connection.

ETA:
Are you saying that Obama and Oprah are aliens?
That may be true. I always thought there was something odd about Oprah.
edit on 14-8-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I see no aliens in this err.... rationalisation of events.

On topic...Oprah is right and the "lowly shop assistant" is blagging.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

TPTB use any and all tools at their disposal to divide and conquer. Whether its race (black vs white), religious (moslem vs non-moslem) or class (rich vs poor).

Another recent thread on ATS asked why Obama didnt intervene when a white boy was beaten by black assailants.

Because the GZ/TM case was about much more than race. It was also about firearms and self defense.

Not only does the government want to confiscate our guns, they never want us to be able to defend ourselves. We should never do anything on our own. We must rely on the State for our every "need": food, housing, employment, protection...

Of-course the only problem is that most people fear the government more than the average criminal.

edit on 14-8-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Well they can't suspend the constitution without the mayhem, they gotta start somewhere!

and yeah... some people can just look in the mirror and make themselves cry!

Humanity is frail, you just think you're tough.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

It isn't just race baiting, and it isn't just Obama and Oprah. You've got to keep in mind that these people, no matter how powerful they seem, are still just puppets. They're sales people, pitching to the public. They sell products, they sell ideology. They sell hate and confusion.

We're not just being divided by race. We're also being divided by religion, by class, and by nationality. Xenophobia, internalized racism, partisan lines, and paranoia. They're trying to tear us apart, and guess what...

They are winning.

edit on 14-8-2013 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
I am not able to see the connection to aliens or UFO's.
I thought some more, still not coming up with any connection.

ETA:
Are you saying that Obama and Oprah are aliens?
That may be true. I always thought there was something odd about Oprah.
edit on 14-8-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

Well, if you mix black and white, you get a grey...

The American media is always referring to the colour of a persons skin, during discussions of crime, or education, or wealth, or health, or elections, or neighbourhoods......

link   
reply to post by Jason88

Aren't you in fact "race baiting" by putting two black people as examples, what about the examples of others?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by Jason88

Aren't you in fact "race baiting" by putting two black people as examples, what about the examples of others?

How about putting the most powerful black woman and the most powerful black man as examples.
Both of them have a lot of clout with people of all races, all over the world.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Jason88

Obama isn't black.
I'm not sure that Oprah is either.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharingan

If these two people have the most influence, world would be a different place.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Obama is black in the eyes of his haters.

I really do not know about Oprah, she is rich, so people look at her affluence over her skin colour.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Shoot - clicked the wrong forum. Moderators a little help here - it was meant for "General Conspiracies" forum. Though I guess they could be aliens - I don't what to believe anymore.

I think I'm seeing that too - anything to get us out on the streets and fighting so they can restrict our rights. Thought sadly, this is probably the most tolerant time for black/white relations in the US, and they pull this card.

Touche. Thanks for cluing me in the wrong clicked forum. But Oprah/Obama very similar names - could be alien.

reply to post by nomadros

I don't see Oprah as right - she should have talked to this woman's manager - not made a national problem out of it. That said, Oprah's ratings have fallen, she's no longer on prime time, and she has a movie to promote. Racism as a Vehicle for profit maybe. That would be disgusting.

reply to post by gladtobehere

I agree - there's many more avenues being used to divide us. I just wonder about this point in time/history to start with the race baiting from two powerful people. Puppets or not, why now? The firearms/defense angle serves political means - but again what is going on now that we're seeing a hard push on race division.

reply to post by luciddream

Nah. Not trying to drive up white craziness at black folks. I'm trying to understand why powerful black people are doing this now - what's the gain. What's happening out there where this is key? Could it be Obama was foolish with has remarks and Oprah needs to sell a movie? Maybe. But being ATS, I think something more sinister is at play.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Technically Obama is not 100% black, I think Oprah is though. Either way, they are relating their experiences in public as being judged as black by a white populace. I'm not naive, I'm sure they've each had plenty of negative race experiences - but power, affluence, race baiting - why?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

... they're purposefully dividing us by race...

Politics, immigration, regionalism, body size, smoker vs. non-smoker and among a hundred other things, yes, race.

But... the problem is two-fold; not only is there this effort to divide us, there is the 'us' who are playing along and enjoining the various divisions.

So long as we embrace these divisions... they are winning.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

If these two people have the most influence, world would be a different place.

Youre delusional

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Obama getting involved in the case was pretty stupid imo, Presidents in the past have stated opinions tho but not deeply.

Oprah on the other hand, she should have a say in however she is treated in public, being rich does not mean they are immune from racism..im no way in relating this case however, it is common occurrence for high end retailers to look down on people, by how they dress, their colour and overall "physique".

Was is petty she had to go pick a fight with a lowly assistant? yeah.

Was it wrong she spoke out? nope.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Not really.

if Obama was really in control of people, it would have been more than a simple protest.

Oprah didn't even have much effect.

Music industry has more influence than Politicians.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
www.southparkstudios.com...

I think this is why something seems off about Oprah.

<<   2 >>

join