Jesse Jackson Jr. Sentenced to 30 months in prison.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
30 months? Oh, that's good. He can have a nice, relaxing hiatus for himself to prepare for his inevitable re-election when he gets out. (We all know it will happen)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
He should not be the only government official who should go to jail. I would bet that a large percentage of Congressmen are crooked to some degree. At the very least, they do NOT represent the people whom they are tasked with representing.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
There's only one thing to say in a situation like this, and I cannot say it effectively:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I think his sentence was way to short for the crime of stealing three quarters of a million bucks. I also find it rather disturbing that he submitted his choice of what prision he would like to attend. He should go to jail like any other common thief.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Just wait, he'll be back running for Congress again because those dumb voters in Chicago will vote him back in.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
They allowed his wife Sandy to serve her sentence after he serves his three years.

How many low income people would receive such a favor. They have rich grand parents and uncles who can take care of the kids too. They average person would have their kids thrown in some run down foster home.

I would like to know exactly why the Feds did not prosecute him for the senate seat? Jesse's friend, a rich doctor, who was part of the senate seat fix, was arrested right before Jesse on an unrelated charge. I haven't heard anything about his case yet.

There is far more to this story.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

There's just something about a husband and wife fraudsters getting locked up simultaneously.

NYT: Unease at Clinton Foundation Over Finances and Ambitions

I can dream can't I?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Talk about a VERY light sentence when comparing to Rod Blagoevich... Little messed up

Source

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

If they had the money in the first place he would haven't needed to steal it. Either his father doesn't seem to think hi son if worthy of a loan or SR hasn't made as much as most people thought he would have by now being a professional race baiter.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Am I the only one that think the guy got off easy? I mean, if the common citizen did something like this, the book would be thrown at us.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
JJJr is no different than the (3) black youths beating down the kid on the bus for reporting their drug selling. Wearing a suit and acting the part, your still a damn theif and liar. I bet dad is all about the PROUD on this one. Taking advantage and taking what's not yours. Yea JJ SR you did a great job rearing that young man. :Mental Health Issue....BS he probally went CRAZY on the crack or the meth, or the oxy, or the herion or what the hell ever. He's a common damn theif and liar.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
reply to post by boncho

That's it... Only 30months...
I guess anything more and Senior would be pulling the Race card...

Seriously... 30months... For stealing funds.... Not like small amounts either... I'm utterly speachless

Thanks for that, Sulaw... I checked in to my skyscraper the morning
the headline came out and just saw "30... ". I thought hopefully years.
Then I read the whole headline. I guess connections help in Chicago.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
lol a crook gets bagged.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boomer1941
Just wait, he'll be back running for Congress again because those dumb voters in Chicago will vote him back in.

Count on it. The Illinos Bipartisan Combine has a permanently retained,
dedicated and highly skilled body and fender staff.

Back story:
I'll remind you only once about the real bio of our Secretary of State.
A shining example of "everybody should have a nth chance..."
if that individual is somebody.
No need to wonder why I've been a pedestrian for over twenty years...
I can't afford the petitioning fees/legal representation/other greasy,
now mandatory cash cows-- and still contribute to the proper "benevolent
organizations" to earn the favor of the allegedly disinterested parties.
Besides prisoners are easier to control when they can't AFFORD to escape.

Number One will be out after Practice Day with a fresh paint job and a
brand new engine to qualify... and that engine's pushing the envelope
for doing any reasonable distance too, just like NASCAR.

Finally-- they ultimately got Capone for tax evasion, i.e. not giving
Uncle Sam his cut. Bad juju...

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
For those that think Jackson actually got 'bagged' for anything, check this out:

Jackson to collect $45,000 in federal pension, as well as $8,700 per month in disability for his conveniently developed 'mood disorder'.

So, who really got bagged here? The taxpayers, as usual.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Does JJ jr have pay the money back?

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
30 months...THATS IT????

The leniency...wow amazing. Elected officials should be held to a higher standard than this, thousands to millions of people put their trust in these office holders and they get a slap on the wrist for breaking that trust. The only difference between this guy and the rest of them is that he was stupid enough to get caught and not erase his trail.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Kind of surprised we haven't seen Al Sharpton involved in this whole thing in some way

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

if i embezzeled a ton of money i would be put in prison..its called fraud and breach of trust..giving it back would not suffice.
oh i got caught you can have it back..really?

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
30 months is a long time, where people expecting him to do life?

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join