It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spamming Forums,Spamming Forums,Spamming Forums,Spamming Forums,Spamming Forums,Spamming Forums

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
So there is a forum I frequent, Besides ATS, (yes the thought is unimaginable I know) the sheer logistics of it all I'm sure bewilder (how the hell does Boncho find the time, dear god look at how many posts he/she/it has here) in any case though I am rather fond of the forum.

Not only is it a forum but a learning centre, and it is put together by one dedicated person who has taken a large chunk of their life to create a educational resource for a fading language.

Language and culture are important things, which give identity and meaning to our current world, and more importantly to history and historical interpretation.

I have donated money off and on to this site over the last ten years. I'd like to up the donations in fact, but I am waiting for returns on my business ventures before I can fully contribute as much as I'd like.

Long story short, you can see my fondness for the place, and in the past few days the forums have been blasted at either a lowbrow rip at the user base, or cheap ploy to sell illegal merchandise.

My heart goes out to the owner and I hope he finds the time, without the inconvenience to fix this problem.

Kinda makes me think how good the ATS filters must be because we barely ever get it here.

-Boncho
edit on 14-8-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
True that. The ATS crew is the best on the net, hands down.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Just so you know, that's the reptilians from Inner earth telling you to stick with ATS.

They are masters of spam. bastards.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Generally its due to a few sensible decisions like 20 posts to start your own and having a world wide group of mods so theres no chance of a 4chan "the mods are asleep post some ponies"
and an adapted word list that grows as they get to know the spammers along with a ip ban list and you've probably cut down the spam by 90% compared to a basic forums site

new topics

top topics

join