It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Our song" What's yours ? Yeah THAT song

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Hi guys
Sorry I haven't posted a chatty thread in a while I've been fighting some personal demons, and my head has been stuck up the proverbial backside.

To those of you helped and still are helping my heartfelt thanks.

I dedicate this thread to you all

Most of us have, or had in the past a song that we shared with a special person in our lives.

I'm going to take the liberty of sharing a few with you all tonight.

My very first love was Melanie

A stunning young blonde with green eyes and a smile to die for, it was the kind of love that takes away your appetite, makes you lay awake at night wondering if she is thinking about you as well, and seeing her again just can't come soon enough.

I showered her with trinkets and gifts, we would walk along the beach together collecting shells and surreptitiously holding hands when we thought no one was watching. We got engaged after about 3 days . We had our song that we would sing together, and giggle when one of us got the words wrong. Then I made the mistake of giving her my most prized possession, My dead snake (we were about 7 at the time)

Well what can I say ? Some women just don't appreciate romance
but this was our song

I swore off women for years

And kept that promise right up to puberty when I met Sharon

Now Sharon was as myself a gymnast, a raven haired beauty with just the right amount of freckles to be alluring and a certain look that said "You've got no chance mate"

Challenge accepted

I was quite a good skater back then and was messing around at my local rink, when in she walked. Obviously with my prowess in the gym and my hormones raging I tried something to impress her.

It didn't go well
however it made her laugh, that was it the door was open my foot was in there to stop it shutting

When she discovered I was also the early evening DJ at the rink she realised just what a catch I was, free entry, keys to the pac man machine, I had it made.

Our song was one she loved to skate to

The next was Lynne
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Lynne a cast off from a friend this was it the woman I was gonna marry (and damn near did)

It was the 80's I had a bad perm, a big bike and thought I looked like the mutts nuts

Then along came some guy with a car and a killer smile, and whoosh
Cody

So this song is full of pain for me,
, but not as much as for him

Oddly enough my ex wife and I didn't have an "our song" she like the Arabic type screeching stuff.....and I had taste (not that you'd believe that from what I've posted so far)

Then after a fling with the baby sitter and a divorce, and a mid-life crisis (sports cars, young blonde flapping off my arm, all the clichéd stuff Back into my life walked the present Mrs C ( I like to keep her on her toes )

She was a bit down and missing South Africa, so one night after arriving home from work, I discreetly covered the bed with de-thorned roses and ran her a bath, scented oils, candles,the works.

Then let her soak and started playing soft music on my guitar "MMMMMMMMMMM that's lovely babes, please don't stop"

So I didn't, What Mrs C didn't know was that I was naked, so I strolled into the bathroom naked as the day I was born with only my guitar to cover my modesty singing this.

It still makes her laugh to this day, but became our song.

So what's your "Our Song" and why ?

Cody

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
A bit superstitious of me but I refuse to have a song for my husband and myself.

In a strange coincidence, every time in my past relationships we chose 'our song,' the relationship would dissolve within days. It doesn't matter if I was with my guy for 6 weeks or 4 years- the relationship suddenly ended. So to not jinx our marriage, I refuse to pick a song. lol

There are songs that will play and I will make a comment like 'this song always makes me think of you' or 'this song is so 'us!'' but I won't make it official.

Just don't want to risk it.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Songs are like animals Ash

You don't choose them, they choose you

Cody

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The only real love of my life knows why this is our song... *winks*

And this one is for Rod Junior as it was the song that was playing when he popped out of Mrs R and gave us all a big scream and wave before the midwife cruelly smacked his arse and welcomed him to the real world :

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 14-8-2013 by Rodinus because: Word added

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Alright then ... How about this. My mom and dads song...

May my mom rest in peace

Eta-- I just wanted to add that they were married for 27 years before she passed on. This year and actually just a few days would have been their 30th year.
edit on 14-8-2013 by natalia because: Added a bit

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Love that song Nat

Thanks for sharing it

Cody

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

That reminds me Rod

The last dance I had with my daughter

That put a smile on my face Rod

Thanks

Cody

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
With my ex, it was during the late 90's early 2000's. My first love. Great bestfriend, terrible boyfriend.

My husband introduced me to a lot of music and for that i'm thankful. However we don't technically have a song or songs but this one does remind me of when we first met.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by brandiwine14

I've never heard that before

I like it

*Get's out Ipod* thanks

Cody

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

That "Special" song for me and Cody...

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Get it on littled

Ready fro the next ?

and then a smoke

I'll dance you to sleep tonight my friend

If I can keep my breathe

Cody

edit on 14/8/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Dreamweaver....made out to it with a great guy named Brian Pryce...or was it Bryan Price? Anyway, I was about 17 and he was going away to college. About 1975-76. It sucked. I would have jumped off any bridge for that guy. He lived in Clatskanie OR and I heard he eventually married a girl with the same first name. At least he knew a good name when he heard it.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
My first GF used to say that this was our song...

However, a) She was to cheating what Brunell was to engineering, so thats bogus as all hell, and b) listening to music of that nature always fills me with a deep seated urge to nail someone to a wall while they are still alive, and watch them twitch. This is NOT the stuff of love people!

A couple of years later, I visited a lady from Berkshire with whom I had been corresponding over the internet for a VERY long time. We stayed up all night smoking, drinking, and playing with one anothers hair, and looking into eachothers eyes. That happened to the entire Train of Thought album, by Dreamtheater.

On repeat. Things looked good, but the whole enterprise went no where. Long story short, I wasnt there, some other dude was, you get the picture.

Third person with whom I have had a song, would be my ex fiancee, mother of my child (who, due to her and her family basically being all manner of insane and dangerous if prodded into action, I have never met) and more than anything else my arch enemy, for of all the stinking, putrid, hateful verminous human beings I have ever met, she treated me the worst, and with the least cause. She used to like Abba. She used to say our tune was Gimme Gimme Gimme,

due to the fact that I am better looking in the dark... Yeah.

After that total debacle, I gave the whole thing up for a very long time, had depression for a year, came out of it, and partied my butt off to try and give myself some space to work out how to carry on without either going postal or suicidal. Then, I happened to be in this bar, and this girl walks up to me from across the room, and tells me "I have seen you about, and basically I think you are fit. Do you fancy coming out tonight?" Me being the utter sucker that I am, I turn round and agree to come for a pint(s) later on.

Later on comes, drinks are consumed, we head back to her place (my intention is to bid her goodnight and go home at this point) at which point she basically snogged my face off, all the way into her house, into her bedroom. At this point she put on some Slayer,

War Ensemble if I remember correctly, lit a candle, and did... things with it that you shouldnt do with hot wax, flame, and sensitive areas. I only left when she hacked open her shoulder with a razor blade and asked me to drink. Its a shame really, because I would love to get busy to Slayer, but theres a limit.

I wasnt stand offish in the morning, I called her, told her I had a great time at the bar, but maybe we should try hanging out sober? After arranging to meet that day in the park, I headed off in the direction of town to meet her. Its a good thing I had other business in town, because five minutes later, and after having the...

Her:"You and me arent going to work out."
Me:"Why not?"

Looks me up and down

Her:"How can I put this? I'm sober."

Walks off.
...conversation, I realised that my plans for the day, and what was actually going to be happening were entirely different things.

Then, a few years ago, I met a lass who has never lied to me (shes honest about not wanting to be in a monogamy), never cheated on me (because she will never allow her self to become involved enough for anything she does to be considered cheating), never let me get attached (because she has some things in her past, things I dont know about per se but can see the evidence for in her actions) , but holds a certain romantic interest in me, something that myself and anything with two legs and a phallus have in common. The other thing we have in common, all us fellows, is that the lady could be very interested, in any one of us I might add, but if she is sober, she will never act on it. The moment shes had a few glasses of wine however... Well, this IS our song, played by local keyboard hero, Mr Dave Woodcock!

edit on 14-8-2013 by TrueBrit because: added video

edit on 14-8-2013 by TrueBrit because: corrected video

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

This is one of the songs we played at our wedding.
The thing is, Mr. tanda is a carpenter (among other things) and Mrs. tanda is a lady, (most of the time) so it really fits.

We like Ramblin' Jack's version because he doesn't pretty it up too much. Suits us just fine.

Another song from our wedding;
Coz you know and I know
Our love is strong enough
To weather the rain
To weather the snow
To weather the storm

And one more;

Glad you're feeling better Co-5
Music is medicine.
edit on 14-8-2013 by tanda7 because: medicine

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I would have jumped off any bridge for that guy.
reply to post by smcneil01

Luckily for us you didn't smcneil01

Young love huh, nothing like it made a fool of myself on many occasions for a pretty face

Good memories though

Cody

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Here you go Bud

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Then, a few years ago, I met a lass who has never lied to me

That was one hell of ride T.B.

Hopefully this is the one mate
. I dunno how it works but Mrs.C. and I met in Israel about 19 years ago, both went through bad marriages and found each other again years later.

She was in Africa, I was in England and somehow it all worked out

It's a strange world, but hey it's a good ride

Cody

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

I'm a carpenter as well

Always loved that song, and correct, best version ever, thanks for posting it

Cody

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

What's that Sarn ?..............................Our song ?

Cheers mate

Cody

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

...I should say something.
edit on 15-8-2013 by SarnholeOntarable because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join