It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton Foundation Attacked by NY Times -Clintons May Be Ruined- NY Times Site Gone Missing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina

Originally posted by ObjectZero
reply to post by drwill

So it might just be a mass outage right now. But odd that the site it down like that.

Or is this being made to look coincidental? Who knows, since we have all seen the MSM not reporting badly on anyone associated with this administration. This may have been a way to take it down fast.

That is such a meme, MSM is always (post 9/11) reluctant to paint a current administration negatively, so it may be soft but it's not nonexistent. Absence of screaming and sensationalism may just have you confused. Most media is spun according to how their corporate masters wish but we as a nation aren't yet at a state of complete blindness. NYT is among a very few major media outlets left that aren't total whitewash.

link   
reply to post by Heliophant

Sure.

Bill Clinton may have forced her husband out of office - but Barbara Bush still considers him family.

She even revealed that her sons - including, of course, George W. Bush, who followed Clinton into the Oval Office - call him “My brother by another mother.”

Her virtual adoption of Clinton appears to be more than a tongue-in-cheek ploy to give the Bush family
three straight occupants of the White House
- her husband echoed the warm feelings for his former rival.

www.nydailynews.com...

edit on 14-8-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

link   
The NY times site does load for me, but slowly.
I can also navigate to the "politics" page, and see the Clinton story (along with all the others).
But cannot load ANY of the stories on any page.

Clearly a DDS attack, but who would hate the mainstream media? Any ideas?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Fox is reporting a cyber-attack on the NYT. Sorry, couldn't get the link to post properly.

Source:
www.foxbusiness.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
nytimes.com is pinging, but no access to the pages. DNS is placing it at 170.149.168.130. When I tried to access it a while ago, it was giving a server unavailable error; now it's a timeout. That shows the server was responding with an error, just not serving pages, and is now completely offline... possibly being rebooted

Most large companies, especially those who rely on Internet access, have mirrored servers. Since DNS is working, it is unlikely this is anything outside of the NYT server themselves. Redundancy should have kicked in within seconds if there was just an outage. I would attribute this to either a power outage (which would have to be sustained enough to outlast any UPS), unlikely since such would have also been reported, possibly a master switch issue, but there again I would expect redundancy, or a cyber attack.

This is interesting... thank you OP!

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
No attacks in the news lately. Time to get people worried again so the NSA spying doesn't look as bad. What they want people to think is that If people are breaking the internet, the NSA needs to be there to protect it.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

The NY times site does load for me, but slowly.
I can also navigate to the "politics" page, and see the Clinton story (along with all the others).
But cannot load ANY of the stories on any page.

Clearly a DDS attack, but who would hate the mainstream media? Any ideas?

Same here and I see the Clinton Foundation story as well.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
What's the big deal with this article? I guess I have no reading comprehension...

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The redirect from nytimes to www.nytimes can be seen. DDOS or server down sounds about right,

oops, just came up

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Who would hate the MSM? Really? Well okay I'll bite, how about Anonymous?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
NYTimes is updating their twitter with server status. They're also posting stories to their Facebook Page.

Twitter Feed

The New York Times ‏@nytimes 20m
While we are restoring The NYT Web site, we are posting key stories from our news report to our Facebook page: on.fb.me...

The New York Times ‏@nytimes 40m
Part 1/3: As you are undoubtedly aware, we are experiencing a server issue that has resulted in our e-mail and Web site being unavailable.

The New York Times ‏@nytimes 41m
We believe the outage is the result of an internal issue, which we expect to be resolved soon. (2/3)

edit on 14-8-2013 by ATSmediaPRO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Here is the Wayback Machine internet archive of the article. The article is 4 pages long, but the last 3 don't show up and could very well be where the good parts are.

www.nytimes.com... html" target="_blank" class="postlink">NY Time Damaging Article On Clinton Foundation -Internet Archive

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Looking like their site is coming back online, not sure if they're using their back up servers or they fixed the main one. I bet it's still running off the back up servers since the load speed is very slow.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The Clinton Foundation is riddled with criminal connections.

It supports NWO and commie agendas.

Not to mention the corporatist involvements.

read all about it. Too much to list

The Corrupt Clinton Foundation (from 2007)

Clinton Foundation’s Secret Donor List (from 2008)

In Clinton List, a Veil Is Lifted on Foundation (from 2008)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

The Clintons again in the Whitehouse, sure would seem like a Dynasty to me, afterall Bill is the "adopted" son of George Bush Sr.

Why not? The Chinese had dynasties and seemed to turn out okay. We'll have Clinton next with Hillary and by then Jeb will be up for a term or two. That should be about the time Chelsea has come into her own to take her birthright as a successor in line. Hmmm... What Bush or just bad weed from the other side would follow Chelsea?

It's better than a TV soap opera sometimes.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Hey, don't go dissin' soap operas now!

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Hillary has to be one of the worst looming sharp bladed things over the necks of Americans and the Republic.

Everyone I've ever read who had worked closely with her or around her and who didn't think she was a goddess said, more or less, that she was the meanest most evil, ruthless and vengeful person they'd ever met in their entire lives.

I think she's meaner and more destructive than the current Destroyer in Chief. That's saying a LOT.

edit on 14/8/2013 by BO XIAN because: addition

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

It's better than a TV soap opera sometimes.

Ok, lets take a vote, Duck Dynasty vs. The Bush Clinton Chronciles.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

You take Washington while I go to Louisiana to check out the duck calls.

I know you get the easier of the two jobs... think of my suffering and hardship..eh?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

think of my suffering and hardship..eh?

Hey! Thats Hillarys line

They could be two simultaneously running mini series, and at some
point they could mesh for an episode. I can see it now, Bill would
fit right in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>