It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patent for "Control system for air vehicle ..."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 06:04 AM
link   

A system and/or method is/are provided which reduces the likelihood of air vehicles being utilized by terrorists as weapons. In certain embodiments, when it is determined that the air vehicle is about to hit a designated structure (e.g., high-rise office building or apartment building, national monument, and/or government building), a controller automatically takes control of the air vehicle away from the pilot(s) and causes an automatic computerized pilot (auto-pilot) to take over control of the air vehicle and causes it to land at a selected airport and/or runway.

Couldn�t find any thread on this before. The patent was filed May 30, 2002 - which isn�t very long after 911. I�m not shure if I understand this "invention" though, does it mean that the "controller" can sit anywhere and take control of just about any aircraft at any given time?

Imagine this tech. in the wrong hands. Which it ultimately is bound to end up in. Here�s the full link to US Patent.gov

[edit on 11-11-2004 by Dawnaj]

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   
very intresting find,not sure thats such a good idea though,its like you said in the wrong hands you could take control of the aircraft without even needing to hijack it! ...Remote hijacking!! thats probably even worse than the original senario!

regards.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Here's a poignant question .

With 9/11 behind us, how far back has 9/11 pushed the development of 400mph flying personal vehicles?

They've built some or have them on the drawing board.

Will we now never see streams of them going toward the local megatropolis out of fear of what terrorist might do w/ them?

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
Here's a poignant question .

With 9/11 behind us, how far back has 9/11 pushed the development of 400mph flying personal vehicles?

They've built some or have them on the drawing board.

Will we now never see streams of them going toward the local megatropolis out of fear of what terrorist might do w/ them?

We can�t even handle road vehicles within the 80-120Mph, so what makes you think that we (even pre 9/11) could have handled 400Mph in the air? Don�t get me wrong I�ve dreamt about Blade Runner/Back to the Future 2 type vehicles since childhood, but I just can�t see it happen before humanity steps up a notch or ten in our spiritual growth.

Considering the state of Earth as of know, we have bigger problems to worry about for a while.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:02 AM
link   
The deployed concept would have you park your vehicle at a port and fly w/o human contollers, directed on laserbeam/microwave/radar highways to landing ports in big cities and then home again the same way.

A 30min ride to work might mean you could then live in the country a hundred miles away.

Start buying farm land!

I see continued urban spew.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:15 AM
link   
interesting post especially if you have heard the theory of mossad involvement in 911 or the remote control idea. technology is already in place (and has been for awhile) to remotely control a plane via radio. It shouldnt be such a big surprise if you can control a small plane using radio why not a bigger aircraft?

new topics

top topics

join