It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A sign at a gun show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I thought this was funny, it was sent to my facebook by a friend of mine.
Some will say why would someone turn off certain customers like that?
However, being it is a gunshow, im willing to bet that the majority of people there followed his sentiment and
may have actually boosted his sales.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Sharingan

Sounds about fitting to me. lol........ People could have written in Howdy Doody and it would have shown more intelligence than trying insanity a second time while expecting better results.

Gun Shows...One of the last places where an American can speak their mind and not worry about losing a career or even their freedom for the effort.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
People that wouldn't vote for Mitt Romney lack the intelligence to own a firearm.

I see right through that to what it really is. A group with generally low intelligence that are haunted by feelings of inadequacy. It's called "failed white authoritarian syndrome." They are angry and will be heard one way or another.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I miss going to gun shows, but the ones near me have way to many people going to them right now and that kind of sucks out a lot of the fun.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by InverseLookingGlass
People that wouldn't vote for Mitt Romney lack the intelligence to own a firearm.

I see right through that to what it really is. A group with generally low intelligence that are haunted by feelings of inadequacy. It's called "failed white authoritarian syndrome." They are angry and will be heard one way or another.

Yea, were angry that such a racially divisive crook was able to get elected (again) because of people like the woman in ohio was able to vote 6 times for obama or because people thought that they were going to get free gas, cars and houses when he was elected

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Looks like a comic convention selling instruments of death instead of comics.

the sign is funny. I'm sure the guy who put it up wouldn't find it funny if the other side of that coin was on a sign there, in fact, I'd expect a confrontation over it.

but none the less, it's actually rather funny. Here's food for thought, if I win a prize at McDonalds, I've got to answer a skill testing question. I think a similar means of "security" might be well advised at gun shows, you know, to make sure all those crazy Obama supporters can't get their guns.

because having voted for Obama automatically means you are anti-gun, right? Cause that's what I'm constantly being told. i would have voted for the douche the first time around, I'm not afraid to admit that. But, then again, 2 years in, I would have been demanding an impeachment or something, instead of just whining about me not getting my way all the time on every subject.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I agree with the sign. The sign has merit. Same goes for the Romney voters. Ron Paul was the only genuine person with integrity who campaigned during these passed elections, but was stifled by the evil doers.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

I'm having a hard time, understanding why your feathers are so ruffled over this topic. Don't you have your own douchebags, in your country, to contend with, before you come telling us how to deal with ours?

Here's a list of Gun Shows in Canada, so you can think of banners to have made for your own douchebags....

www.gunshows-usa.com...

Des

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Obama's anti-gun policies, coupled with a massive ammo shortage during his administration (which may or may not be his fault), has caused a lot of gun shop owners financial hardships. Can't blame them for striking back a bit.

The point of any banner is to get attention...I'd say mission accomplished here.

reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

A group with generally low intelligence that are haunted by feelings of inadequacy.

Something tells me the folks who have 100's or 1000's to spend on guns at gun shows likely aren't in the lower intelligence category...but instead, are the kind of folks who work hard and/or use their brains to have that kind of disposable income.
edit on 14-8-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I have been accused of a lot of things in my life. Low intelligence has never been one of them.

But when you paint with a broad brush you certainly betray your own, now don't you?

I would bet my right leg that the anti-gun crowd on ATS is 99% city dweller. Living my whole life out here in the country (in more than one state), I have yet to run into a country person who was against gun ownership.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObjectZero
I miss going to gun shows, but the ones near me have way to many people going to them right now and that kind of sucks out a lot of the fun.

Thats my thing. Spend $20 to get in, then you can't stop and look at anything because it is elbow to elbow.

5 years ago I couldn't have told you where to get a CCH class. Now, in my town, there are three folks who offer it.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Yea, I went to the Saxet Gun Show back in March, where I picked up my Glock and it was crazy crowded. People carrying rifles all over the place but not using proper weapon handling etiquette.
I was walking and looked up and some dude was carrying an AR 15 with the barrel pointed straight ahead, at me and anyone else that walked by. I gave him one hell of a dirty look too.
I may end up going back to the next one though, Im having a hell of a time finding the rifle that Ive decided to get, the M&P 15.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Using to be able to stop and talk with some of the vendors for a while as well, with out being pushed aside by five to six people if you're lucky. A lot of the vendors really knew their history and where happy to talk about it with you.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
lol that sign should have said:

"If you voted for either a Republican or a Democrat, you are too stupid to realize that both sides play for the same team, their own, and you would have had better results yelling into the wind."

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

People carrying rifles all over the place but not using proper weapon handling etiquette.
I was walking and looked up and some dude was carrying an AR 15 with the barrel pointed straight ahead, at me and anyone else that walked by. I gave him one hell of a dirty look too

I'd give him a hell of a lot more than a dirty look... Such a moron has no business with a weapon.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Legendary~
If I was at that show... I'd of bought from him!

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I havent lived this long by challenging armed people while being unarmed myself.. lol

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Yawn....another racist, divisive comment, meant to be insulting to a certain group based on the color of their skin. Although I may not entirely agree with the sign at the gun show, I certainly support their right to say it. In this era of politically correct speech, in which everybody's afraid to say what they really feel, unless it is against white people, I absolutely LOVE that this gun show isn't afraid!

Notice that you are the one who brought up race.....not the gun show people.

top topics

join