It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Near-death experiences are 'electrical surge in dying brain'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

I agree that it is a very intriguing chemical found naturally in a few plants and animals. Secreted as a deterrent in frogs for example. I have spoken with many subjects who have had experiences where they had conversations with spirits and even alien life forms and nearly 100% have seen the "white light". I don't discount their stories at all. I'm just giving a scientific explanation vs. a religious explanation, however, I allow people to believe as they wish and don't intend to discredit and beliefs one might have. The subconscious and how it relates to our conscious has been a mystery and a pursuit to understand for quite some time. The answer may have, indeed, now been found.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
UNMITIGATED NONSENSE.

1. That would NOT explain folks rising above their bodies in the hospital room and seeing a sneaker someone had thrown on top of a ventilation duct.

2. That would NOT explain Colton Burpo (HEAVEN IS FOR REAL) seeing his still born sister that his parents had never told anyone about and that they did not even know was a girl.

3. That would NOT explain Colton Burpo recognizing his Grandpa's pic & knowing his name when the Grandpa was 30 years old when he had never been told about his Grandpa nor seen such pics before.

4. That would NOT explain Colton Burpo seeing his Dad praying alone in a small room while Colton's body was on the operating table in a different room.

etc.
etc.
etc.
many 100's of times over.

Pretend super rationalist objectivists can cling to their fantasies all they want. They'd better tighten their death grip on such fantasies. Our era is about to have a flood of 'supernatural' demonstrations from both God & His angel armies and satan & his crew.

Choose this day whom you will serve.

Hint . . . Darwin is not an option.

Nor, really, is the bloke in your mirror.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by The0nlytruth

and what of those humans who were completely brain dead during their experience?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I always was, I always am, and I always will be. Same goes for the rest of you.

Fear not.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Yup this throws a monkey wrench in their studies, but they will still try to explain it away. LOL

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

These threads pop up from time to time. And no they are really not electrical surges. What a joke.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Do you believe your dreams are real ?

Why wouldn't they be real? I can see them, can't I?

Go outside, and ask Father Sol if he is real....

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The cognitive dissonance in this thread is so thick it can be cut with a butter knife.

All these people who believe their consciousness is some gift from an otherworldly being, and they are a unique snowflake in the realm of life.

Priceless.

Here's physical proof that the brain goes into overdrive during a NDE. That the images produced are an internally created projection of the world, and the sense of calming while passing on, are a biological trick to keep the ego from panicking during the process of death (that is after the survival instinct has lost and death is immanent.)

Does it say anything about mythological beings not being real? No.
Does it say that this electrical activity is the final stop on a person's journey? No.

Just that during NDE's there is significant electrical activity.

It's pretty amusing that the general response to this information is "GET THE PITCHFORKS!!!".

How can you believe something if you're not allowed to question it?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Evil_Santa

This Right Here

Says everything, and then some...

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

usually the people who are most vocal about their NDE are the ones who experience heaven.
those who experience hell, about 25% of NDE are frightened and ashamed to share the experience.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Gee I wish you would have an
NDE pretty soon and then let the rest
of us know where you went.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

You're 100% correct. That says absolutely everything -- that there's still a lot about the brain that we don't know how it functions 100%. A few choice incidents where the individuals were able to talk about "events" that happened while they were having a NDE.

Let's see if these can be explained. Oh yeah, the brain picks up all input data, and processes all of it - this includes, sound, and visual. While we may not consciously acknowledge that the information is gathered, our subconcious is processing it, and our brains incredibly advanced prediction machines. In the event of verified events - including the bind woman who "saw" the instruments in the operating room - how hard is it to make a guess that the brain is just putting together as much information as possible to produce a visualization to the individual during the NDE. With this recent development of this electrical activity, it seems more than likely.

Oh, but jesus doesn't approve of science, so it must be false. Kind of like it's "not true" that the average human brain performs over 80,000 "thoughts" (processes/calculations/etc) per day. How many of those 80,000 are you conscious of?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by spirited75

Gee I wish you would have an
NDE pretty soon and then let the rest
of us know where you went.

As I stated - the cognitive dissonance is thick in this thread. You're pretty heavely invested in your belief system, so much that when a conflicting idea is presented to you - from another person - that you're rejecting the idea with so much negative emotional force, that you're wishing harm onto another person.

I bet you're a christian too.

You're also assuming that I haven't had a NDE, and let me tell you that the white light is overbearing, but not nearly as much as the buzz that surrounds your entire being and creates the white light..and takes you out of your body.

Also it's unique that they say that the "gamma" (100 oscillations per second or greater) waves are what peak, as this is a relatively new brainwave frequency to scientists (up to 300/second have been detected) and research as to the functions of these frequencies are still ongoing. I wonder if there might be a correlation between the frequency, the white light (as colors are part of the EMF range) and the humm that occurs during a NDE.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by spirited75
reply to post by OneManArmy

usually the people who are most vocal about their NDE are the ones who experience heaven.
those who experience hell, about 25% of NDE are frightened and ashamed to share the experience.

Got a legitimate study to backup the above claim?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Everything that man names has a soul....According to Genesis in the bible. So we named a Rat...a rat, so it has a soul.

Even twenty five hundred years ago the people realized that animals have souls. When did people loose that realization?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Everything that man names has a soul....According to Genesis in the bible. So we named a Rat...a rat, so it has a soul.

________

The recently discovered (and named) Andean carnivore, the olinguito ?

It had no soul until early last year, when it was discovered and named?

_________

Genesis is showing its age -

We believed a lot of nonsense "twenty five hundred years ago" -

Still do .

_________

Sorry, rickymouse - we will just have to agree to differ here.

edit on 15-8-2013 by UmbraSumus because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2013 by UmbraSumus because: spelling error

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

What is amusing is that they pretend to present a scientific experiment drawing the worst possible conclusion and fobbing it off as a near fact. With the findings, they would have to create a series of full spectrum theories, to further examine. And the most important element in determining which theories were most plausible, ie probable, ie the difference between possibility and probability, would relate to other data already obtained. In other words, while truth may be a long shot, possibility, and not even get into the narrowed probability group, while other procedures may fine tune the other data discovered, there is still a logical pool to "guess" from, and that's all this study is doing.

Ie. reports of NDE's that not only relayed details of procedures when they were out, and their eyes were closed, but not just in the same room, but other rooms, other places. Not to mention BLIND PEOPLE, with their eyes closed, doing exactly the same thing.

And it would be interdisciplinary, ie. cross referencing other data, ie from various military and other experiments, some conducted in university settings across the world, with regard to OBE's, RV, photon increase at target sights, and a really intelligent, authentic scientist would not be hiding info.

So what is this? Science? OR Propaganda?

And you laugh amused, that many aren't drinking the koolaid? Well I'm not exactly amused at you, more disappointed.

My son had an NDE by the way. When he was standing outside his body, he wasn't able to move or look down. He was very ill with a really bad flu, and his heart isn't strong, not a condition they picked up, as my youngest son's, heart murmur, rather just an overall weakness, low energy, bad health, no stamina.

In any case, he knew himself, that he could choose between returning home, and that he would be happy doing so, however, that he wanted to stay and help his family who he loved. In this state, he had superconsciousness. Though around midnight, it was as if daytime, and he could hear for miles, sense for miles, could hear a pin drop, was aware of everything for miles and miles.

When he chose to stay he still couldn't move and this light being he saw on the wall, seemed to help him. He suddenly looked down and saw this 5 foot vortex, half on the bed and half off, and went in his body again.

When he returned, he was completely healed. He went from deathly ill, barely able to walk up the stairs, and collapsing at the bed to 100% health.

edit on 15-8-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
As I believe every living thing contains a soul (sole). I doubt hooking a few rats up to machines while they die can determine what NDEs are and whether they are real or not.

Poor rats. I doubt those scientists would want to be put to death for the sake of a biased study.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

This is why i dislike such studies by the apparent Government owned self proclaimed 'experts'
I had two near death experiences as a young boy and these fake 'experts' are claiming these experiences are nothing more then an 'electrical surge in dying brain'?

So what i witnessed during my Near-death experiences is an 'electrical surge' really? so when i saw the whole world at one point and all the countries in a flash that never happened?
edit on 14-8-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

That electrical surge could be anything - your consciousness collecting the last memories and putting them in a suitcase before departing, or storing those memories after returning. Where those surges occurred would be a bit more informative. Your visual cortex is at the back of your head, the audio/hearing is done at the sides of your head, perception of touch is done in a band that goes sideways across the top of your head. Preplanning and strategy are done in the front-right temporal lobe. Anyone who has that part of the brain damaged never regains consciousness.

I do wonder what the brain is capable of processing if all the internal noise from self thought were reduced. Much like those infra-red cameras that are chilled down to close to absolute zero, and are able to pick up the slightest temperature fluctuations from light years away.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join