It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel to pay students to defend it online

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel wants to pay university students to post pro-Israel messages on social media networks, and officials say they won't need to identify themselves as government -linked. The Israeli prime minister's office said in a statement Wednesday that students would receive scholarships to engage international audiences online to combat anti-Semitism and calls to boycott Israel. It said students' messages would parallel statements by government spokespeople. An Israeli official said Wednesday that scholarship recipients wouldn't need to identify themselves as part of the program, which would begin within months. He spoke anonymously because the project is still under development. The Israeli daily Haaretz identified the official heading the project as Danny Seaman, a spokesman who has written Facebook posts criticized by the media as being incendiary and anti-Muslim. Seaman declined comment.

link

Has the payed Israeli propaganda machine yet arrived on ATS?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Netanyahoo calls them students politically-neutral.

funniest thing ive read in a long time

edit- heres another article with more detail starring your favourite israeli leader

edit on 14-8-2013 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I think the paid Israeli shills have been on here for a long time!

Seriously, if they are that concerned about Israels image, then acting within international law and some accountability might help, rather than labeling anyone who may criticise as being an anti-semitic bigot!

That old cry of "anti-semite" is just so ineffective these days through over-use!

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
USA today is behind on the news Israel has been doing this for over a year now. This is something Israel must do now that the world is starting to see what kind of nation Israel really is.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Leave Israel alone, they are just misunderstood by the anti Zionist scum!
Can I get my money now?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The Chosen People! They will Find PEACEFUL solution to the Israeli-Palestinian War! They don;t want more Land!
The Israeli military does not torture!

Please send my pay cheque to:

555, Sofaking Stupid Dr
Don't care, Land
555-555-5555

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
The Chosen People! They will Find PEACEFUL solution to the Israeli-Palestinian War! They don;t want more Land!
The Israeli military does not torture!

Please send my pay cheque to:

555, Sofaking Stupid Dr
Don't care, Land
555-555-5555

I would have went with "Israel Rulez", Please send a $50.00 check to:

555, Sofaking Stupid Dr
Don't care, Land
555-555-5555

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
What can I say? They makin' it rain Shekels.
and all the falafel you can eat.
At least they're not pretending. Many other nations do this with the help of shady intelligence types.
edit on 14-8-2013 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
USA today is behind on the news Israel has been doing this for over a year now. This is something Israel must do now that the world is starting to see what kind of nation Israel really is.

The article states the program hasn't actually started yet.
Perhap they have been doing it - this is the first time they are stating openly they will pay students to do it for them.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

The officials said the students would stress Israeli democratic values, freedom of religion and pluralism.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonny2

Using a meme in the wrong way and your gonna have a bad time*southpark skier meme*

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPlow

A long time ago.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPlow

Not completely..

However its going to be a tough battle for them on this site, with all the anti West / anti US / anti Israel / pro ignorance groups that have been entrenched on this site for years.

Lets watch and see those groups prove my point as they bash the Israeli decision / my post while using the very tactic they use on a daily basis to attack Israel / the US / West....

Kettle.... meet Pot.

Originally posted by Sonny2

The officials said the students would stress IRANIAN democratic values, freedom of religion and pluralism.

* - fixed

We will call that exhibit A.
edit on 14-8-2013 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The USA already has a program like this... Cyber warriors. So, it seems Israel is behind the curve. I'm sure many other countries do as well, along with talking bad about other countries. It's the nature of propaganda in the cyber age.

Is the OP or other posts one? Iranian maybe? Anyone can make baseless claims on the interwebs.
edit on 8/14/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

However its going to be a tough battle for them on this site, with all the anti West / anti US / anti Israel / pro ignorance groups that have been entrenched on this site for years.

No way!

There's nobody on this site that uses the "Zionist" code word to circumvent their true hate for Israel and Jews in particular.

They outright say it.

And get away with it.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Nobody will take that bait. Because we have enough brains to know that disliking and being critical of the repeated actions of a country has nothing to do with the religion practiced by said country.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
reply to post by sonnny1

Nobody will take that bait. Because we have enough brains to know that disliking and being critical of the repeated actions of a country has nothing to do with the religion practiced by said country.

I could show you plenty of threads that are pushing the anti-Israel agenda.

But....

It would go against T&C. Just do a search. Look at those who are constantly writing about Israel. Look at how they use their words. Look at the slight manipulations. Look at the attention they garner.

This isn't about being critical, or a Religion. This is the type of responses that you would get on Hate sites such as Stormfront, or Jihadist websites. Its extreme bashing, with the excuse that they really are just angry at the policies coming out of Israel.

The ME has always been a violent place, before Israel became a Nation. No one wants to talk about Arab on Arab violence. Its way to easier to blame Jews.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Such initiatives have been going on for a while now
en.wikipedia.org...
The only new thing to this is that the activists/students are supposedly getting paid.

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I don't need to look at those threads, as I've participated in most of them. And you're wrong. Slapping an anti-semitic label on people critical of Israel is just the same old song and dance. What happened during the holocaust IN NO WAY gives Israel impunity to do whatever the hell they please without criticism. Sure, they get away with whatever they please because they've got the US in their back pocket. But if you think people are just going to shutup while they hold up a sad poster showing holocaust atrocities with one hand while exterminating the Palestinians with the other hand I've got some Ocean Front property to sell you in Iowa.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
reply to post by sonnny1

I don't need to look at those threads, as I've participated in most of them. And you're wrong. Slapping an anti-semitic label on people critical of Israel is just the same old song and dance. What happened during the holocaust IN NO WAY gives Israel impunity to do whatever the hell they please without criticism. Sure, they get away with whatever they please because they've got the US in their back pocket. But if you think people are just going to shutup while they hold up a sad poster showing holocaust atrocities with one hand while exterminating the Palestinians with the other hand I've got some Ocean Front property to sell you in Iowa.

You own property on Rathbun Lake or are you just a realtor?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join