It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netherlands is closing 19 prisons due to a serious prisoner shortage.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Reason is budget cost, i live in the Netherlands
Prisoners have now 1cell, they gonna put 2 prisoners in 1 cell, and maybe they should also ban the flatscreen tv's and PS3's from the cells...

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

In regards to treating addicts, the approach used in the Netherlands has been very successful. They treat them as sick people, not criminals in need to locking up. I heard in a documentary that doctors can give heroin addicts their hit in hospital each morning.

This is what used to happen here in the UK back in the 1960's and 70's.

An aditct would go to his or her GP and get a prescription for Heroin, and this was all perfectly legal and acceptable.

At that time, there was around 500 registered 'functional' Heroin addicts in the UK and remained a fairly stable number, not significantly rising or falling. (and since registering meant free prescription Heroin, most registered)

Then some anti-drug types thought GPs prescribing 'junkies' with Heroin was a waste of NHS / Nations money and legislation was passed that prevented GPs from prescribing the drug any longer, which of course, initiated the whole crime for drugs waves we've seen since.

Within a few short decades, the number of Heroin addicts in the UK rose from around 500, to around 500,000...or iow, making it illegal for GPs to prescribe Heroin to addicts caused a rapid explosion in numbers of addicts (1000X as many) and numbers of those people turning to black market drug sourcing which then lead to the creation of the powerful, wealthy and ruthless drug cartels that are costing Billions to police and defend against today.

So much for the group of idiots who prevented hard drug use by banning GPs responsibly prescribing it.

This means instead of breaking and entering and doing smash a grabs to get the 400$ or so (sometimes smashing a $100 window to grab $20 cash)...

Of course, the above policy i talk about has lead directly to massive numbers of addicts, massive rises in related crime, whether that be burglaries, muggings, prostitution (both sexes and all ages), theft from private and corporate sources, and a general rise in crime directly or indirectly related to acquiring drugs and the downgrading of societal cohesiveness and sense of optimism..

It's not time for a review on drug laws in the world...that time really was decades ago. All that can be done now, is positive action to try to mitigate the disastrous effects on people and society that have come about as a direct result of legislating against a sensible GP directed drugs policy for what was, at the time, quite a small number of people using heroin all those years ago.

The numbers speak for themselves and we all know about the associated crime that has resulted from very ill conceived and damaging drugs policies.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

I am personally not supportive at all towards any kind of such drug use, personally never used, never will, although as these policies have proven themselves to be more effective than the current policies in other EU countries. I believe in the rehabilitation rather than punishment, as at the end such means have far more positive means on the overall state of the society. Also a lot of money spent on fighting the drug-related crime could be rather used on strong anti-drug campaigns and rehabilitation programs for the drug addicts to help them return to the society as a normal citizen rather than a desparate/angry person trying to find a way (any way) to earn some money for coming over the strong withdrawal effects he/she has nearly no control over. Quitting is tough, I know it as a smoker, and I would not even manage how hard it would be to quit something stronger.

you put this in your post, but I don't know if I can even post back in the regular forums.

All I can say is this: No one using natural resources of this planet, is a criminal. You don't have to agree or use the same ones, but the ones who do, don't need reabilitiation.

The principal of Freedom and Equality, versus Slavery and Ownership is at stake.

I'm very pleased Netherlands is closing 19 prisons. That anyone puts anyone in prison save but for extreme circumstances is beyond criminal itself. And no that isn't manslaughter, that isn't a mentally handicapped teen having a temper tantrum and stabbing her mother, something that would torture her all her life as it is. In the US, George Bush personally mocked her plea to live and wouldn't lift her death sentence!

I mean repeat psycho murderers and rapists and very corrupt poltiicians and judges and police. They are more seriously in need of jail than ordinary folk. Ordinary folk are more seriously in need of a combination upgrade that includes Free Energy, Abundance, Freedom and Equality, and happiness, with homes of their own. Then most of their problems all gone. While the slavers and abusers from on high have all those things yet still are doing evil overall.
edit on 16-8-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Still should be done. That is only method a sane and civilized country would use.

I don't know how the governments, supported by some of the people, could ever make up for the absolute harm they have done to people over issues that was not their right to be doing. These laws are not just unlawful, but with jail terms, destruction of life and limb, murder of gangs and black market prostitution, that they formed due to the drugs, that the CIA and possibly UN runs.....People put in jail, children losing family, and homes, some put in satanic foster homes. Unbelievable harm has been done to people on issues that concern access to world and resources and sovereignity.

And the ludicrous situation of forcing people onto another one, while the one in use is used medically, or has been and can be, for cancer and various illnesses.

All laws and legislations need to be gone carefully through by non religious, grass roots panels of citizens and scanned on the basis of Common Law, Sovereign Rights, and Constitution.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

( The principal of Freedom and Equality, versus Slavery and Ownership is at stake. )

Ahhhh! if only everyone had freedom and equality... its what we all crave, but alas it doesn't exist....
We are conditioned and herded like animals in whatever direction the governments want us to go in, without us actually being aware of it most of the time.....

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by flipflop

It does, its a heart by heart thing. Each man/woman in the mirror is reflecting this world out. So overcoming it is a combination of changing yourself to not have dictatorial viewpoints and growing your compassion and love and ability to hear and understand others, not judge them. Then denounce/renounce and communicate fully in groups with the appointed employee leaders. Needs to be done everywhere. What we're seeing is what's festering inside people. And they need to start working on their world they want by first changing how they feel about others.

I don't believe in prisons, except for a very small, possibly 1% of the current prisoners, who are established to be psycho's, or corrupt people from on high who have broken their oath of office flagrantly, in a repeat psychotic way. That 1 % is a guess, don't know the real percent. It could be up to 15%.

The rest need, 1.. change in laws to begin with so some aren't criminals. 2.. counseling, bracelets, and improved circumstances.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
In a few years they can start re-opening them thanks to the illegal migrants business.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
We'd be glad to send them some of ours for a small fee.

We got enough of em to fill all the prisons in the world

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join