It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

95 Killed in Egypts "War Zone" Egypt declares national emergency

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by victor7

1. MB members carry guns into demonstrations. This creates a situation where frisking and checking people becomes a confrontation.

2. It is easy to denigrate the authorities without assessing the ground situation.

3. The election cannot be fair if common people did not come out and vote. The ordinary citizen is trapped between a rock and a hard place. People want their economic and social conditions to improve, but they do not have leaders who can deliver.

4. You are not aware of "voting", how elections are manipulated. People are intimidated not to vote, and strongman stuff the boxes. Elections are not fully honest even in USA, where I have direct experience.

5. The awakening of people and creation of democratic institutions like political party offices in small towns and villages, canvassing and assembly of people, and participation of a large number of people in the political process are things which are foreign to countries like Egypt. There is a huge security problem there (extremism and terrorism) which pretty much precludes open and free political process.

6. I am not a supporter of military rule. However I would prefer that to anarchy.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

Carrying guns to gatherings? Confronting to frisking and checking? These are ingredients for serious problems. If MB resorted to such acts, then they needed to be put to bash up.

Either way, am not a fan of MB type organizations taking to power in any country. Only thing is to be more creative in dealing with such factions and use other means rather than resorting to brute force right away.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Phatdamage

do u think Egypt will be new Syria?

<< 1  2   >>

join