It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

95 Killed in Egypts "War Zone" Egypt declares national emergency

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
I've mentioned it elsewhere too....

In my view, this is preplanned and part of an agenda (when isnt it) to destabilise Egypt so:

a) It can never pose a miitary threat to Israel

and

b) to create a situation where Israel will invade the Sinai Peninsula in order to "protect" (read: occupy) the area.

This has long been part of the plan for Greater Israel and will allow Israel another coastline and port not to mention closer access/control to the Suez.

It is funny that so many people see everything that happens as "part of a plan".

USA's plan is biting dust right now. USA's occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan failed.

USA's policies for the entire middle east are failing.

You see a "plan" at a time of serious challenge to USA's leadership.

I hope there is a plan to USA's destruction as well.

You are not talking logic my friend! US occupation of Iraq was costly and expensive in many terms but it did end and if not complete then majority of peace was achieved. If people still want to fight then that is their business.

Afghanistan is scary and nearly surely Talibian will be back once US has left. US should draw down the forces but not leave all together.

Plan for US destruction? Watch what you wish for, is US goes out of the picture the whole world will get into chaos all sorts of fanatics, fascists and freaks will come out in open and you might not even have internet connection to write such senseless wishes!

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Haven't seen it posted yet, but the death toll has risen somewhat, to 500 according to the current Egyptian "Government".

The "Brotherhood" are now saying 2000, which is double what it was saying 12 hours ago.

Not sure who to believe, but looks like there are a lot of deaths and some local dignitary, was saying earlier the deaths are all the brotherhoods fault.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor7

In my view, this is preplanned and part of an agenda (when isnt it) to destabilise Egypt so:

and

b) to create a situation where Israel will invade the Sinai Peninsula in order to "protect" (read: occupy) the area.

This has long been part of the plan for Greater Israel and will allow Israel another coastline and port not to mention closer access/control to the Suez.

It is funny that so many people see everything that happens as "part of a plan".

USA's plan is biting dust right now. USA's occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan failed.

You are not talking logic my friend! US occupation of Iraq was costly and expensive in many terms but it did end and if not complete then majority of peace was achieved. If people still want to fight then that is their business.

Afghanistan is scary and nearly surely Talibian will be back once US has left. US should draw down the forces but not leave all together.

Plan for US destruction? Watch what you wish for, is US goes out of the picture the whole world will get into chaos all sorts of fanatics, fascists and freaks will come out in open and you might not even have internet connection to write such senseless wishes!

^^^^^^^Biggest load of Bollocks i've ever heard in my life...are you trying to say that after the USA Invaded IRAQ they left it in a better condition in which they found it.... I shouldn't laugh but seriously...what planet are you on..

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Clashes between Egyptian police and supporters of ousted president Mohammed Morsi have resulted in at least 638 deaths, Egypt's health ministry said Thursday, an increase from the previous tally of 525 killed in Wednesday's violence.

www.cbc.ca...

Last nights news said there was also over 3700 injured.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol

and

^^^^^^^Biggest load of Bollocks i've ever heard in my life...are you trying to say that after the USA Invaded IRAQ they left it in a better condition in which they found it.... I shouldn't laugh but seriously...what planet are you on..

US invaded Iraq and got the population free of a the brutal regime. Now people want to fight amongst themselves is their own wish. I do not condone US invading Iraq in the first place. But once regime was thrown, US did not invite people to fight civil war. US Army would have been more than happy or rather extremely happy to have left Iraq in at most 6 months from the end of the war. Civil War and Insurgency fueled and hosted by Iraqis themselves did not help anyone. US stayed for years at the cost of 100s of billions of dollars. Iraqi people suffered from all sorts of shocks imaginable from any civil war.

Again, US shutting down all bases in Afganistan will not help at all. They might find themselves back there pretty soon.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Damn.
This sucks.
My condolences to the Egyptian people.
The unfortunate thing is that I can't think of a way to resolve this, there's obviously very strong fractures in their society and, worse, there are very powerful interests involved....

I truly hope they can overcome this time of turmoil and walk again, as the proud and wonderful people they are.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

and

US invaded Iraq and got the population free of a the brutal regime. Now people want to fight amongst themselves is their own wish. I do not condone US invading Iraq in the first place. But once regime was thrown, US did not invite people to fight civil war. US Army would have been more than happy or rather extremely happy to have left Iraq in at most 6 months from the end of the war. Civil War and Insurgency fueled and hosted by Iraqis themselves did not help anyone. US stayed for years at the cost of 100s of billions of dollars. Iraqi people suffered from all sorts of shocks imaginable from any civil war.

Again, US shutting down all bases in Afganistan will not help at all. They might find themselves back there pretty soon.

You are living in delusion.

The Muslims have known only dictators because that is the way of life there. Only dictators have been able to govern a very violent society.

The US went into Iraq to save the petro-dollar. Educate yourself.

USA has no empathy for people of Iraq. The conduct of war and the use of lasting harmful substances in weapons proves that.

The USA occupation of Iraq had only one purpose - to control oil resources. However this objective failed due to mounting military losses.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by drakus
Damn.
This sucks.
My condolences to the Egyptian people.
The unfortunate thing is that I can't think of a way to resolve this, there's obviously very strong fractures in their society and, worse, there are very powerful interests involved....

I truly hope they can overcome this time of turmoil and walk again, as the proud and wonderful people they are.

Muslim Brotherhood will try to take back the country by force.

Egypt is now in a civil war, no matter what they call it.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I see millions of dead in Egypt. This is just the start.

Egypt will be as bad as Syria.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

and

You are living in delusion.

The Muslims have known only dictators because that is the way of life there. Only dictators have been able to govern a very violent society.

The US went into Iraq to save the petro-dollar. Educate yourself.

USA has no empathy for people of Iraq. The conduct of war and the use of lasting harmful substances in weapons proves that.

The USA occupation of Iraq had only one purpose - to control oil resources. However this objective failed due to mounting military losses.

Muslims and Dicatators.........may be some truth to your statement. Here is one model or rule of mine: If the Arab state is rich like Libya, Kuwait, Iraq, Baharain, Saudi, UAE then Arab Spring backed change of government will mostly succeed. If country is not oil rich like Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Algeria etc. then Arab Spring based government changes will cause problems and ping pong game of government changes like we see in Egypt today will keep going on. Civil wars like Putin said few weeks ago about Egypt will take various shapes and general people will suffer. AQ and Muslim Brotherhood type factions will gain ground and create situation more voilent.

US went into Iraq for NeoCon agenda of finishing what was not finished in 1991 gulf war i.e. removing Saddam. Even such a practical and advanced power like US fell to the psychopathic trap of Ego and Vanity. Also, another objective was to make Iraq a model of democracy for the rest of the Arab/Muslim world and then fuel Arab Spring in various nations. Iraq did not become a model of fluent and modern democracy but Arab Spring was launched nevertheless. Third objective was to install, first by population fueled riots and then by military intervention like in Libya, the friendly governments in pro Russia Arab states. Libya, Algeria, Syria, Yemen, Iran, Central Asian countries like Kazakstan and others. This way Russia will be isolated and once Iranian regime is changed then create problems in Russia from the southern regions of Chechenya and Dagestan.

History tells us that defeating Russia from western Europe is difficult (unless technology changes drastically and ground wars become obsolete. Air power cannot win the whole war by itself ex: Serbia). Hence new attempt can only be launched from East i.e. Japan and Korea or south from Central Asia region. That is why Russia acted so strongly to Georgian adventure in S. Ossetia.

However, after Medvedev took his bra and panties off and offered them to US by not exercising the UN veto on Libya, Russians learned a big lesson. Hence series of vetos on Syria. China also knows that it is also on the target list and hence it supported the Russian veto.

Syria is one place where several powers and blocs will put their foot down. If US and NATO go hot in Syria, then Russia and China will also do things to negate that hot effort. Mostly in the form of weapons, financial aid, intelligence, spec op support and if push comes to shove, out in open military support.

It is better for the world that Syria goes quiet without major powers intervening.

edit on 15-8-2013 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2013 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU COMMENT ABOUT EGYPT!!
there are important points further below!

Q.

Originally posted by GArnold

Obviously you failed to note that Morsi was elected in a democratic process.

A.

polarised election
only two canditates
either old regime or freed egyptian (local) terrorists

over 10 other candidates barred from the rushed elections after the revolution

. In case you failed to notice there was a recent Coup where he was replaced by a military junta.

not a coup

the milatry complex has been running egypt since the ousting of king farouk (ottoman empire).
nasser, sadat and mubarak all from army

the first civilian presidant, morsi...was about to borrow 4.6billion from IMF, he supported terrorists, made sinai a haven for terrorists.....in a believed plot to allow NATO involvement in egypt.

the military complex will protect itself...with 90% support

just look at how america protects the petro dolar system....
this is why

this is not a coup, but a failed democracy/election in a state with a military complex similar to america and turkey....ie integral to the governing body

To say this whole thing is the result of an American idea ( Muslim Brotherhood winning free and fair elections) is irresponsible and totally off base. Check your history..

wasnt morsi from america!?
arent his children living there
arent they dual nationals.... then how can he rule

how can he free prisoners and put them in positions of power... the same people who killed all those tourists a few years back...including a president

. The US did not install Morsi.. Not did it particularly want the Muslim Brotherhood gaining power. It did not steal the election that Morsi won fair and square.

lol

i agree

but then....why are you now sticking up for an islamic extremist

funny world sometimes

.We send billions of dollars each year to Egypt for defense purposes.

this old fabrication has got to stop...lol

no america doesnt

the camp carter treaty..which recognised isreal as a state
the treaty named after an amerian president
told egypts army to immobilise, gave isreal a state, gave isreal billions to build their state

while it gave egypt handouts to keep the army immobilised....basically upkeep money...WD40 lol

you think its fair that egypt get 10% of what isreal get
then isreal gets free use of canal, gauranteed assets friom egypt like energy
they get top military contracts from coutries like america to build some sophisticated BS
while egypt gets little trucks to police its people

anyway... the biggest idiot out of all of this is the turkish presidant...talking about egypts military...while he stays quiet about Syria on his doorstep

lol

nice chat

peace

edit on 16-8-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phatdamage

95 Killed in Egypts "War Zone"

rt.com

Dozens of people were reported killed in clashes Wednesday as Egyptian security forces violently broke up sit-in camps of Muslim Brotherhood supporters in Cairo. Officials say at least 95 are dead nationwide while the MB talks of 2,000 fatalities.
(visit the link for the full news article)

SIT - IN camps ???

get real... those are terror bases !

read this source:

Dupes working for international news agencies are doing propaganda duty for the Brotherhood. Instead of blaming Islamists for violent provocations, a Reuters report, for example, referred to the clearing of two pro-Morsi camps in Cairo in which “[a]t least 623 people died and thousands were wounded on Wednesday,” baldly as “the third mass killing of [Morsi] supporters since his ousting.” The report fails to note that innocent, nonviolent Morsi backers are increasingly hard to find.

the death figures are somewht different huh---

Also... in the human interest side;

last week a 10-year-old Coptic Christian girl was shot dead by Islamic militants while heading home after Bible school. “Muslim extremists tossed firebombs through the windows of four Christian homes and a local church last Sunday to stop a Christian neighbor from building a speed bump in front of her home,” according to Rossomando. “The clash left 15 people wounded.”

Coptic priests and laymen have been murdered by Islamists who have also burned and defaced Christian churches with anti-Christian graffiti over the past month.

“These guys have been blowing places up and killing people in Sinai. They’ve been attacking churches all over Egypt – putting al-Qaida flags and Morsi’s pictures on churches, so there is no question that the Brotherhood are the new terrorists,” Michael Meunier, president of Egypt’s Al-Haya Party and a Coptic Christian, reportedly said about the orgy of violence that has erupted against Christians since Morsi’s overthrow.

i sure hope that the Russian offer to assist Egypt with as much resources they need to subdue the MB and other affiliated AQ terror/Jihadists comes through before 0bama launches his pro-radical islam counter offensive against the Egyptian interim govt & military helpers

the real news source is: frontpagemag.com...

~what 0bama has sown in Egypt~

...President Obama continues to offer his blessings to the theocratic totalitarians of the Muslim Brotherhood as they spill blood on Egyptian streets in an effort to restore Mohamed Morsi to power.

Our terrorist-supporting president has the gall to scold the military, the most stable, trusted institution in Egypt, while his Islamofascist allies burn scores of Coptic churches in the region where Christianity began more than six centuries before the birth of Mohammed. The military has been struggling mightily to shut down Morsi supporters’ camps that Islamists use to launch attacks....

Yesterday an angry-sounding Obama took time out from his busy golf schedule while vacationing in a $7 million mansion on Martha’s Vineyard. Ignoring the violent provocations of his friends in the Muslim Brotherhood, he declared that the interim government and security forces in Egypt were out of control....

are we getting a clearer picture of the kommander yet

edit on 16-8-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

"SIT - IN camps ???

get real... those are terror bases ! "

I have no liking for an version of Islam that is fanatic or even intense and primitive in nature. HOWEVER, outright killing and butchering of people by Egyptian Army is not right at all. Morsi was a democratically elected president. If he conducted some unconstituitional matters, then he should have been impeached by the due process. Walking into the elected office and removing a person is outright "Third World Thuggery". Most of the times it results in chaos and destruction of social apparatus as we are seeing in Egypt today.

US and EU should put good pressure and influence to bring these Army Generals into line where killing of 100s of peoples each day is stopped atleast.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

US and EU should put good pressure and influence to bring these Army Generals into line where killing of 100s of peoples each day is stopped atleast.

funny you said that

seems the whole "saga" was for international intervention.....blatantly before the war with iran.
they want to dissolve all possible threats before that war starts

idiots

Egypt is the alpha and omega.... leave that card till last

peace

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

funny you said that

seems the whole "saga" was for international intervention.....blatantly before the war with iran.

idiots

peace

You mean to say Egypt coming to Iran's help in the case of western attack. Not a chance, given Egypt is Sunni country and Iran is Shia. Only Syria will be available for Iran's help and vice versa.

Heck, Egypt even attacked Iraq in 1991 when $7B of debt wash out was offered. Egyptian Army is only good for such items like backstabbing and attacking friends and killing civilians at home. In a real test like against Israel, the Egyptian Army is getting spanked hard every time. To live off the aid and bribes is Egyptian culture it seems.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

funny you said that

idiots

peace

Do not worry about Obama. He is too timid to do anything significant.

Egypt should do what is good for its people. Democracy cannot be achieved without political institutions that champion democracy. Muslim countries generally lack such institutions.

There is nothing wrong with a general ruling the country if he can ensure peace and welfare for people.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Yeah, because Democracy played out so well for us all

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

"There is nothing wrong with a general ruling the country if he can ensure peace and welfare for people. "

Easily said but in reality it is not really the scenario. Egypt has been ruled by Army for 50 years or more. Corruption and inefficiencies are abound. Pure democracy with firm hand of law is the way to go. West is successful because law is followed and implemented. Non-West makes the law but does not implement it and thus any life style soon become inefficient and catches problems.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

"There is nothing wrong with a general ruling the country if he can ensure peace and welfare for people. "

Easily said but in reality it is not really the scenario. Egypt has been ruled by Army for 50 years or more. Corruption and inefficiencies are abound. Pure democracy with firm hand of law is the way to go. West is successful because law is followed and implemented. Non-West makes the law but does not implement it and thus any life style soon become inefficient and catches problems.

Are you trying to say that "corruption and inefficiency" will not be there in a "democratically" elected government?

Muslim Brotherhood does not represent the majority in Egypt. It is just one of the groups that make up Egyptian society. However it is a very vocal and violent group, a type which typically succeed politically in this part of the world.

A common man cannot fight with Muslim Brotherhood. How does an unarmed person fight with people with guns?

The democracy that came to Egypt was not a fair democracy but a rule of the mob. It was bound to fail.

Egypt is not yet ready for democracy, as it has not developed institutions that support democracy. A few demonstrations and sit-ins do not convert an autocratic society to a democratic one overnight.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Elections were held and votes were given, no out in open violations were reported. Common Egyptians stayed indoors, Muslim Brotherhood rallied its supporters and won the elections. Now everyone is calling it Mob Stolen elections. Even the US with its advanced eyes and ears in intelligence did not call foul on the elections. Things were just fine.

If MB is a dangerous organization......that I would agree to some extent. However, Egyptian Army took a very rash decision and conducted acts that threw Egypt on the civil war tones. There are other ways of getting rid of a Mullah president from the office. Killing 100s of sit-in protestors is not a way to handle such matters. What is EA cordons off an area and anyone coming in to a square in downtown will first be frisked and searched for weapons and other items. The they can proceed and have sit-ins for as long as they want. Only water will be allowed in, no food vendors or food items to be taken for a long comfortable sit-in chit chats in the downtown square.

Before the end of two days this sit-in will be reduced to 25% easily. If these people take to disturbance then they will be jailed for 30 days. Second arrest will automatically result in 2 years of prison time plus any other charge laid.

First they allow people to arrive with arms and sharp objects and then butcher them with AKs and other automatics. Inept performance of a Third World law enforcement agency. When a man knows he is armed, he tends to become more violent. That's what happened with MB sit-ins. They pushed their luck and EA was more than happy to butcher them. Inept performance !!
edit on 20-8-2013 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join