It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

95 Killed in Egypts "War Zone" Egypt declares national emergency

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

95 Killed in Egypts "War Zone"

rt.com

Dozens of people were reported killed in clashes Wednesday as Egyptian security forces violently broke up sit-in camps of Muslim Brotherhood supporters in Cairo. Officials say at least 95 are dead nationwide while the MB talks of 2,000 fatalities.
(visit the link for the full news article)

BBC coverage Link

BBC Live
edit on 14/8/13 by Phatdamage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
wow,

this has been brewing for a few weeks now,

i hope people keep their heads in this time of war, my thoughts go out to the people who have already perished

i think the fuse has well and truly been lit, and this could be the reason the whole east starts taking note,

Person on twitter wrote this: "They've got every road blocked off and are firing at anyone trying to get in: tear gas, birdshot bullets and what sounds like live ammo"

so...... what will the world do?

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I wonder who's idea it was to allow a radical islamic regime to grab power in Egypt in the first place.

Wait a minute, wasn't that the US of A, who is now supporting the military regime ? Yup it was.

Looks to me like this confrontation was planned from the beginning on.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
wth, i cant speak a word..95 killed? they are family..omg..are this the beginning of sorrow? we on big mess

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Vice president Mohammed Al Baredei has just resigned-presumably due to the army running riot killing people...
I saw that on Al Jazeera just now.

This is turning real bad,real fast.
Again.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com... Lid%3D357949

Demonstrators inside Rabaa were still holding out -- and hiding out -- as the barrage of tear gas and ammunition continued into the late afternoon. There were little signs that the injured were able to be moved out of field hospitals inside Rabaa, and reporters on the scene said they counted dozens of dead bodies in the makeshift morgues there. In an alley near the clashes, a skinny 22-year-old resident in shorts and a T-shirt stood holding a white flower, staring mournfully at the scene. He declined to give his name, but said he had recently served in the army and was due for another term. "I love the Egyptian army," the man said, "but what they are doing, killing protesters, it's against humanity."

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

It does look as though its inhuman behavior by the Army-the news channels have been showing lots of spec ops/SWAT types-with AK 47s shooting at crowds.
Horrid to see-even though I am not a supporter of the muslim brotherhood.
Trouble is,the army will kick start a proper insurgency by killing protesters in this way...
maybe that's what they(the army)want,in order to take total power from the people.

A Sky news reporter has also been killed today,and members of Newsweek have been attacked by police/army.
So any media people are also being targeted by the look of it.
Which the army would do,if they have decided to start murdering civilians.

Sick.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
WAIT

let me get this straight

the egyptian army is fighting islamic extremists...and our media is making out as if its against civilians.
are we doing that so we/others can get involved... ?

it wont work... this isnt syria

its only a political party...
the brotherhood PARTY was defeated and criminalised many times before:
under king farouk
under nasser
under sadat - but they killed Sadat
under mubarak

they were then freed and put in power

IT WAS NEVER GOING TO WORK

now the army found NATO alongside the extremists in Sinai

so i guess its down to the egyptian army to fight terrorism...once again, alone

who pays these dudes...dont they have jobs??

peace
edit on 14-8-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Vice president Mohammed Al Baredei has just resigned-presumably due to the army running riot killing people...

Again.

i dont know what aljazeera are playing at

noone in egypt is`reporting this story....aljaeera are just bunch of lying trouble makers

also the curfew today, now starts at 9pm, not 7pm like the media is reporting

you heard it here first]

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This thread was started when it was Live and is complete with video and pictures

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
I wonder who's idea it was to allow a radical islamic regime to grab power in Egypt in the first place.

Wait a minute, wasn't that the US of A, who is now supporting the military regime ? Yup it was.

Looks to me like this confrontation was planned from the beginning on.

Obviously you failed to note that Morsi was elected in a democratic process. Hardly what I would consider to be a US idea. In case you failed to notice there was a recent Coup where he was replaced by a military junta. To say this whole thing is the result of an American idea ( Muslim Brotherhood winning free and fair elections) is irresponsible and totally off base. Check your history.. Or don't and continue to make ludicrous accusations that are not based on reality. The US did not install Morsi.. Not did it particularly want the Muslim Brotherhood gaining power. It did not steal the election that Morsi won fair and square.

To trumpet the success of "The Arab Spring" after only a few weeks was a huge mistake/miscalculation by Obama and his foreign policy advisors but it was no worse that Bush standing on a Aircraft carrier under a banner that said "mission accomplished" and delivering a speech to the American people before the actual fighting stopped in Iraq.

Of course this whole thing is a fiasco. It is time for the US to realize perhaps democracy is not for everyone and cannot be forced down people's throats. The US needs to accept it was a coup and stop playing word games with the reality if the situation. We send billions of dollars each year to Egypt for defense purposes. In case you had noticed they control one of the most vital strategic locations in the world. The Suez Canal.

Sadly I am afraid the death toll will get much much higher.

edit on 14-8-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

Again.

i dont know what aljazeera are playing at

noone in egypt is`reporting this story....aljaeera are just bunch of lying trouble makers

also the curfew today, now starts at 9pm, not 7pm like the media is reporting

you heard it here first]

Sure Ajaz are trouble,but sky,CNN,BBC,Fox etc are also troublemakers with their own slant.
Yet most have shown the same footage today.

"Some People might say" they were all ruled by the same overlords to push the same message to the global masses...
But thats just crazy,right?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I wonder who's idea it was to allow a radical islamic regime to grab power in Egypt in the first place

Who "allowed" anything? Like we can control a country of tens of millions of people.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
There will always be people who believe every action, war and death is caused specifically by the U.S/U.N/N.W.O

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This act by Egyptian army was very wrong. There are dozens of other ways to remove the sit-in protestors from a place. Killing and shooting was unwarranted. Guess Egyptian army and its leaders are only this much good.........to attack common sit in protestors and kill them in hundreds.

I myself am scared of extremist Islamic versions but outright killing protestors is very wrong. It seems extreme measures were used without employing more peaceful or rather practical ones.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Phatdamage

I have already predicted a lot of trouble in Egypt on this forum, much before military coup.

The situation will continue to worsen there, I am afraid.

The USA cannot take strong action as it is bogged down by its own problems. USA is not good anyway in resolving such problems. The USA is divided into two major factions which are at war with each other. The ruling elite in Washington is a supporter of Muslim Brotherhood, that controls Hamas in Gaza strip. Muslim Brotherhood has deep links with Al Qaida as well.

So nothing good can happen in Egypt as it has become a battleground.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I've mentioned it elsewhere too....

In my view, this is preplanned and part of an agenda (when isnt it) to destabilise Egypt so:

a) It can never pose a miitary threat to Israel

and

b) to create a situation where Israel will invade the Sinai Peninsula in order to "protect" (read: occupy) the area.

This has long been part of the plan for Greater Israel and will allow Israel another coastline and port not to mention closer access/control to the Suez.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
The Egyptian people aren't going to put up with it, just leave them alone. These people aren't brain damaged zombies like those of us in America/Europe.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
I've mentioned it elsewhere too....

In my view, this is preplanned and part of an agenda (when isnt it) to destabilise Egypt so:

a) It can never pose a miitary threat to Israel

and

b) to create a situation where Israel will invade the Sinai Peninsula in order to "protect" (read: occupy) the area.

This has long been part of the plan for Greater Israel and will allow Israel another coastline and port not to mention closer access/control to the Suez.

It is funny that so many people see everything that happens as "part of a plan".

USA's plan is biting dust right now. USA's occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan failed.

USA's policies for the entire middle east are failing.

You see a "plan" at a time of serious challenge to USA's leadership.

I hope there is a plan to USA's destruction as well.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schillinger
The Egyptian people aren't going to put up with it, just leave them alone. These people aren't brain damaged zombies like those of us in America/Europe.

Egypt has been destabilized just like Iraq. Muslim Brotherhood should have never come to power over there. The USA pulling strings behind the scenes is a very serious problem.

And not only Egypt, Libya has been destabilized. It is a rule of thugs over there.

Americans have no understanding of the Muslim world. USA is only worried about petro-dollar.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join