It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live updates: Violence across Egypt after Cairo sit-ins attacked

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I wouldn't say it's not front & center on ATS because no one cares about it, it's more along the lines of we already knew this was going to be a bloody battle between the citizens & the fundies in Egypt. It's not like it's a real shocker, they're still fighting for what they want. Let's face it, Morsi & Co. promised them the moon, & promptly shafted the people, and they're pissed. Their fight for a fair government is going to be neither short, nor pretty.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by haveblue
I don't understand how this isn't generating more interest on ATS. I checked out a few other threads on the subject and there are less than 10 flags on any of them.

This could possibly be a tipping point in the Middle East with the possibilties of violence spreading across boarders, civil war or revolt but no one seems to care. I dont get it.

Protestors push security vehicle off bridge

edit on 14-8-2013 by haveblue because: grammer

edit on 14-8-2013 by haveblue because: (no reason given)

I am surprised it hasn't gotten more post as well there was a time these sort of threads would be very busy.

I have been waiting for one with posters actively participating and posting news.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
by the looks of things the coup is floundering. if i know anything of egypt, is that one deadly event such as this is all it takes for people to unite against the gov. no egyptian collective will accept this injustice, sorry to disappoint ATS, but egyptian blood has some value.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by spooky24

Oh yes, it's true. As soon as Morsi took office the Egyptians were protesting and never stopped. Morsi and his MB gang were trying to take over the government and instill Sharia Law.

..... by trying to get out from under the oppressive world central bank and hook up with BRICS? That Sharia law? Well, yeah maybe so. Muslims don't believe in debt slavery like we'uns.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

I am surprised it hasn't gotten more post as well there was a time these sort of threads would be very busy.

I have been waiting for one with posters actively participating and posting news.

I've noticed that ATS has become a bit bland, like the substance has gone away from a lot of the threads. I used to spend hrs following up people's ideas/comments from threads, not so much anymore...

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Seems like to me persons have gotten a 'media influenced sensationalistic outlook' and events that can't be exploited seem to fade with little interest.

I just have so little time here and for the news in general. About 30 minutes each morning then I have to get with it. I have always lived in the past anyway. People say I should put on my gravestone "He never left 1945"

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Protester shot in chest with his hands up

around the 40 second mark -

sickening!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Egypt court orders Mubarak release from jail

DafuQ? I quit, really, how in hell does this even... shrugs...

Ousted Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak may be released from jail on Thursday after prosecutors cleared him in a corruption case earlier this week, a lawyer tells Reuters agency.

DETAILS TO FOLLOW

rt.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join