Obama - Whites Should be Excluded From A Black Caucus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+14 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
In 2001, a white alderman, Thomas Murphy, represented a ward of predominantly black constituents. Because of this, Mr Murphy felt that the public would be better represented if he joined the black caucus.

In this video it readily becomes apparent that Barack Obama, feels that whites have no place in a black caucus. And that black people need their own separate space.

Furmin Sessoms of the Chicago South side NAACP disagreed with Obama saying that this would disenfranchise the back constituents that voted him in.

Here we have a man. Thomas Murphy, that wanted to work together for the better of the community, while Obama wanted separation according to race. I feel this shows how deep rooted the race issue really is. To racially exclude anyone is flat out racism. If you wish to comment, I would advise watching the entire video. This video will self destruct in 10..9...8..

July 18, 2001 - Obama Archive

edit on 14-8-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
As per Wikipedia:

The Congressional Black Caucus is an organization representing the black members of the United States Congress. Membership is exclusive to African-Americans

The caucus is an organization for black members of congress, not for congress members with black constituents. You're grasping at straws here.

+20 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
But, but, but....
There was slavery a hundred and fifty years ago.

Don't exclude us, but we will exclude you.

+23 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pistoche
As per Wikipedia:

The Congressional Black Caucus is an organization representing the black members of the United States Congress. Membership is exclusive to African-Americans

The caucus is an organization for black members of congress, not for congress members with black constituents. You're grasping at straws here.

No I am not grasping at straws here, this was flat out racism against a white person. And I am trying to show why there should not be a separation as such. In this situation, it was in the best interest for Mr Murphy to join this caucus because of the community that he represented. But he was discriminated against for being white. And the very president that represents us now, also felt that this was acceptable. This does show how deeply rooted this race issue really is. As long as there is separation there will always be racism. We need to do away with all organizations that deal with skin color.

+35 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Pistoche

You could have just put this part up:

Membership is exclusive to African-Americans

That's the part that makes it racist. Only one race can belong to it. That makes it racist.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Pistoche

You could have just put this part up:

Membership is exclusive to African-Americans

That's the part that makes it racist. Only one race can belong to it. That makes it racist.

Bravo! This is my point exactly! This is why things have not improved since this video was made in 2001!

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I am sure you were just as outraged when the Latino-Jewish Congressional Caucus was established 2 years ago in 2011. Talk about double standards.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
this is from 12 years ago dude.....move on. also i can feel the hatred you have for obama permeating off you. you are trolling.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Who cares if its only african americans ....how many people of an ethnic background are in washington dc? ,,,, its predominately old and white come oooonnn man.

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Segregation is alright when it is the blacks doing it.

Try doing something like that if you are white. I'm sure civil suits would follow. Gotta love the double standard.
Only in America

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Diisenchanted

Washington dc is old and white and english and they are running the country into head on traffic, Tell me what has the black caucus done to this country thats so horrendous ?

+29 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Already so many hypocrites in here.. The double standard is so laughable.
Its ok to have an exclusive black organization within the US Congress but the crap would literally hit the fan if some white members tried to form an exclusive all white group.
Everyday, I see more and more ignorant people falling for the BS that the progressive movement is spouting off.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Why do we have any race specific *anything* ?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Some people accumulated wealth faster than others....wealth status emerged and so on.... enslaving other people that didn't have as much as, poverty and anything else thats bad for a society came about because of hoarding wealth.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by joeym1991

including division amongst us humans based on skin color.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by joeym1991

What do you mean "hoarding wealth"?

People should be entitled to keep what they earn.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I wonder what would happen if they made a white-only caucus?

a Caucasian caucus if you will.

its silly to have any political cell in the legislative branch based on one race and not another
edit on 14-8-2013 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by joeym1991
Who cares if its only african americans ....how many people of an ethnic background are in washington dc? ,,,, its predominately old and white come oooonnn man.

If the story was about Washington DC.....

It is about the Black Caucus in Chicago's City Council.

Ald. Thomas Murphy is the elected representative of Chicago's 18th Ward. That ward has a black supermajority: 45,000 residents, comprising 85 percent of the ward's population, are African-American. So Murphy's participation in the Chicago City Council's black caucus should be a no-brainer, right?

Chicago Tribune

It might be interesting to see the racial makeup of the Chicago city council for that year, just to see.
ETA: As of 2010, Chicago was 45% Caucasian, 32% Black and 26% Hispanic.
edit on 14-8-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

So apparently the chicago city council has more of an impact on the whole nation, than a White Washington DC(sarcasm)? whats ur point?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Blacks already have thier own seperate space. It's called BET (black entertainment television).
While whites have EVERY other channel.

-but I prefer Telemundo over all of them.

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join