It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon Deputies Caught on Dash Cam Acknowledging Illegal Traffic Stop

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
That video is outright disgusting and that horse was more than likely put down with a bullet to the brain that day. What's even more disgusting is the sheriff out there making a buck & endorsing it. If you can't tell the difference between a good law and a bad law then your foundation is bogus. Any officer should be able to challenge those laws, orders from the chief etc. If it feels wrong then it's wrong!
edit on 15-8-2013 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Wow.......

So, if they didn't want to stop the man, and knew it was wrong, WHY did they do it? What, the rodeo board controls the police force? They can't tell them NO? If they are that spineless, they ought to be sued.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by HanzHenry
There is NO SUCH THING as a "good" cop.. just lesser bad ones.

The SYSTEM is CORRUPT!!

1. revenue generating (lame tickets)
2. checkpoints (so against the American republic it needs no explanation)
3. FOR PROFIT prison complex system
4. and on, and on, and on,

there is not one profession that RUINS more families for a corrupt govt..

any "GOOD" cop would have the honor to walk away from being a cog in the wheel of tyranny!

Nonsense. There are MANY good cops. Some bad ones doesn't mean they are all bad. Do you assume when a person from some other group does something wrong that the entire group is equally wrong? Think about that for a moment.

I have seen good cops. The guys that pulled over behind us, when we broke down on a Georgia interstate, with no shoulder, to set out flares, and even call a tow when AAA totally dropped the ball were GOOD cops. Highway Patrol, and probably saved our lives. Night, road construction, and tons of traffic. The locals that pulled behind us here when the gas gauge broke, and we ran out of gas were good, too. Polite, helpful, considerate. The lady cop that came out, in response to a call, because some kids were going around setting off "snap pops" late on a weekend night? Very professional, helpful, good. I called because I didn't want some stupid kid getting shot or beat up by a drunk over such a prank, and she came, apologized for the bright light (even though we were sitting in the dark), and spent, literally, at least 30 minutes cruising around after that, trying to locate the guys pulling the prank. There are many more such stories, and many more such good cops. They are people, and have flaws, like everyone else, but that doesn't mean they are all bad.

I have no tolerance for the bad ones, either. I will NOT label them all that way, though, or assume every accusation against one is true. Every case on its merits is a better rule of thumb.

From your last comment, you think all the good ones should quit, so all that is left are bad ones? Do you really think that?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

It's really simple. It's with in their right to say no to the orders to the chief if they find good reason. But they have to file reports as to why and lot of other paper work. All paper work that the chief can get his hand on, then it's your word against his. While you're busy telling everyone he made you do it he's busy dragging you name throw the dirt. After he's done with you you might be lucky if you still have a job there or anywhere.

The system is to slow to guard the ones that would try to make a change.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

If you have to be a TYRANT to help someone on the side of the road..

If you participate and PROFIT from a CORRUPT FOR PROFIT prison industrial system

If you engage in 'revenue generation'

If you carry out unconstitutional acts

IF you operate under a "blue line"

YOU ARE A PILE...

YOU ARE A TYRANT!!

even the hardest of Mafioso do "nice things" like give to kids, take care of their henchmen widows, donate to charity, etc ..

SO, at the end of the day... Tyranny is OK as long as someone with a smile fixes a flat tire or calls a tow truck?

you are hopeless..

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Well their boss is also on the rodeo board. So the sheriff sits on the board and then orders deputies to act unmorally to benifit the board.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

So out for money like normal and looking out for number one in his book.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Just few updates to this situation. FBI is now investigating apparently. Also they seem to be exceptionally talented at admitting crimes on video as show in this update:

This one is bit speculative but makes an excellent point. Why weren't there any name tags on the officers conducting the traffic stop.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObjectZero

It's really simple. It's with in their right to say no to the orders to the chief if they find good reason. But they have to file reports as to why and lot of other paper work. All paper work that the chief can get his hand on, then it's your word against his. While you're busy telling everyone he made you do it he's busy dragging you name throw the dirt. After he's done with you you might be lucky if you still have a job there or anywhere.

The system is to slow to guard the ones that would try to make a change.

That is indeed a problem, in any corrupt system. They do, however, have the option to not stop people illegally. Or, to collect paperwork and leak it to the local press. The system in many places is corrupt at higher levels, which, I agree, makes it harder to fix anything.

Originally posted by PsykoOps

Well their boss is also on the rodeo board. So the sheriff sits on the board and then orders deputies to act unmorally to benifit the board.

That's when evidence needs to be carefully and quietly collected, and made very public, very fast, so the sheriff could be removed. Somehow, I don't think most of the voters would appreciate being targeted illegally!

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by HanzHenry

If you have to be a TYRANT to help someone on the side of the road..

If you participate and PROFIT from a CORRUPT FOR PROFIT prison industrial system

If you engage in 'revenue generation'

If you carry out unconstitutional acts

IF you operate under a "blue line"

YOU ARE A PILE...

YOU ARE A TYRANT!!

even the hardest of Mafioso do "nice things" like give to kids, take care of their henchmen widows, donate to charity, etc ..

SO, at the end of the day... Tyranny is OK as long as someone with a smile fixes a flat tire or calls a tow truck?

you are hopeless..

Don't be obtuse. Not every cop is being a "tyrant". Not every cop does things that are illegal, or abuses their authority. I am not a cop, either, so stuff the "YOU" business. I simply refuse to label entire groups because some members do something wrong. Do you do that with all groups? All professions? Races? Belief systems?

Somehow, I think you might.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
That's when evidence needs to be carefully and quietly collected, and made very public, very fast, so the sheriff could be removed. Somehow, I don't think most of the voters would appreciate being targeted illegally!

That sheriff makes quite an impression in the first video I posted above. That's not exactly "quietly" gathering evidence but now that it's online it's not going to vanish. FBI cannot claim that there was no evidence.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Things making it online are a GOOD thing, in many cases. Stuff that might otherwise vanish now can't. I wonder if we will ever hear any results from this case, and if any action will be taken.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join