It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kerry is not who you might think he is...Just another tool according to a new film and book

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
email.wnd.com...

The book and film are about disinformation and the tactics used. Call this post a simi book review..the linked sight has several videos that I do not know how to link...darn it...Kerry's testimony along with Jane Fonda helped to get the whole anti war protest effort up to the next level...Many things said were lies and propaganda and I still remember thinking then, "what a crock of poop"....I am not debating the war but the lies told to further an agenda according to the book and film..

Secretary of State John Kerry's 1971 testimony before a Senate panel claiming American troops in Vietnam regularly committed war crimes against was a product of a Soviet KGB disinformation campaign, according to the highest-ranking Soviet-bloc defector.

"Although Kerry never fully revealed the source of the accusations, I recognized them as being a product of another KGB disinformation operation," says Lt. Gen. Ion Mihai Pacepa in a new documentary produced by WND Films.

email.wnd.com...
Book Description

"This remarkable book will change the way you look at intelligence, foreign affairs, the press, and much else besides." – R. James Woolsey, former director of U.S. Central Intelligence Agency

The highest-ranking Soviet bloc intelligence official ever to defect to the West, Lt. Gen. Ion Mihai Pacepa is at it again. A quarter century ago, in his international bestseller “Red Horizons,” Pacepa exposed the massive crimes and corruption of his former boss, Romanian President Nicolae Ceauşescu, giving the dictator a nervous breakdown and inspiring him to send assassination squads to the U.S. to find his former spy chief and kill him. They failed. On Christmas Day 1989, Ceauşescu was executed by his own people at the end of a trial wherein accusations came almost word for word out of “Red Horizons.”

Kerry’s testimony was based on the “Winter Soldier” investigation in Detroit earlier that year in which his group, Vietnam Veterans Against the War, heard stories of alleged atrocities committed in a climate said to have been created by the U.S. government and military command. Kerry also claimed to have committed and witnessed war crimes on a regular basis...Which was a lie

But some of the men who presented horror stories at the Jane Fonda-sponsored Winter Soldier probe had misrepresented themselves as Vietnam War vets – even using the names of other veterans who did not attend the hearings. Several veterans provided sworn affidavits that others spoke in their names. One of the featured speakers has now sworn that Kerry coerced him into testifying and that all of his charges were lies.

Testifying to the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations on April 22, 1971, Kerry claimed war crimes were being "committed on a day-to-day basis with the full awareness of officers at all levels of command":

"They told the stories at times they had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam in addition to the normal ravage of war, and the normal and very particular ravaging which is done by the applied bombing power of this country."

In the new documentary, retired Lt. Gen. William Boykin, an original member of the U.S. Army's Delta Force who spent 36 years in the Army, challenges Kerry's testimony. Code for calling him a flat out lier!

"He never saw those things. He was perpetuating the myth of the left about our young men and women who served in Vietnam," Boykin says

Boykin recalls Kerry throwing his war medals over the White House fence in protest.

"It was all a ploy to increase his status and draw attention to him," Boykin says.

"I think it's high time for Senator Kerry to come clean and apologize for what he did," he charges.

WND Managing Editor David Kupelian, a co-writer of the documentary, explains on camera the power of disinformation.

He points out that if Kerry's anti-American rhetoric were delivered openly by the Soviet Union, it would not have the same impact, because Americans would expect their communist enemy to talk like that.

However, he says, "We don't expect this from a person like John Kerry, and that message was carried forth by the so-called mainstream news media in the U.S."

The Soviet Union made deception a major tactic, the documentary says, in its effort to advance internationally an ideology that snuffed out the lives of 150 million people in the 20th century, twice the combined death toll of the two world wars.

Disinformation is insidious, because it's a lie spread not by the liar but by a legitimate source people trust, making it not only harder to discern but giving it an endless life.

"The lie thus becomes a rewritten history.".
As WND reported when Kerry ran for president in 2004, a combat veteran who testified of war crimes during the 1971 Winter Soldier investigation filed an affidavit claiming Kerry and other leaders of Vietnam Veterans Against the War coerced him into making false claims.

Steve Pitkin, who was 20 at the time, has retracted his testimony.

“Everything I said about atrocities and racism was a lie," he said. "My unit never went out with the intention of doing anything but its job."

Pitkin said he “had no inkling” that VVAW leaders were meeting with North Vietnamese and Vietcong representatives or that the VVAW consistently supported their positions

The group of former Navy colleagues who challenged Kerry's claims about his Vietnam War service and highlighted his anti-war activism, Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, as WND reported, ran an ad during the 2004 presidential campaign that featured former POWs telling how they were demoralized when they heard Kerry’s charges as they suffered in a Vietnamese prison.

The chief spokesman of Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, former Swift Boat captain John O'Neill, spoke with Sean Hannity on the Fox News Channel last November about Kerry's 1971 testimony as Kerry was being considered for the position of secretary of state.

"You know, Sean, we lost 58,000 people in Vietnam. I knew a fair number of them, a lot of them from my class at the Naval Academy. They were the best people we ever had.," O'Neill said. "To describe them as the army of Genghis Khan for political advancement is typical of Kerry's whole career, and it didn't stop."

IMO disinformation is still very much alive...Many who have joined ATS are aware this is true yet we are all human and can still get suckered into misinformation...

Also this happen before many on this sight were even born..so I doubt it will be a big deal to many...If the new book and (supposedly) facts have been vetted and are indeed true then is it a wonder why many things with the government are so messed up when populated with two faced liers who seek and receive a higher office? How many have been caught red handed with their lies....yet nothing seems to happen except a week or two news blurb and then back to normal B.S. as if nothing ever happened.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I thought every one that John Kerry was a useless tool.

He is just another Hanoi Jane. Just look at his Vietnam record and you will know who this douche is.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Diisenchanted

I would think even Ted Kennedy - the murderer - would be rolling over in his grave in embarassament.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Well, he is a politician. I don't know what many people think about Kerry, but if it includes anything other than him being a lying, corrupt scumbag then they are just deluding themselves.

I'm not old enough to have any 1st hand memories from Vietnam. But I have seen no evidence that would lead me to believe politicians were any different back then.

Did the US commit war crimes in Vietnam? Yes, it's a documented fact. Was it any more prevalent or common than what other countries have done in every war in the history of man kind? I think it's not likely.

Also consider that it was a very unpopular war, there was a draft that dumped many thousands of people onto the ground who had no business being in any type of war situation. Then add in the rampant drug problem back then. Almost a perfect storm for situations to get out of control that might have been handled differently otherwise.

I'm not condoning the Vietnam war, the US's involvement, or anyone's behavior during that time period. Just adding a little more perspective.

Good thread, thanks for sharing it.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Who didn't think John Kerry was a tool?

I'm confused.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
The only war crime I know about (2d hand) is when two helicopter gunships were in a free fire zone; 4 corps close to Chu Lia.

33 clam diggers along a river, old men, women, a few young kids around 6 to 10 years old and 2 babes in arms...The Commander of the gun section called back to report someone needed to come out and tell the group they were in danger and needed to be evaced....LNO said standby and ended up calling the Vietnamese province chief...He said there were no friendlies in that area and they were commanded to fire.......
33 clam diggers were killed to include the kids....The guy who told me that story was one of the pilots, who upon returning from that mission, he transferred to slicks and refused to fly guns again...Was that a war crime? Were the babies V.C. or N.V.A.? The Vietnamese ordered the kill...Could the guys have just said they did the deed and really not done the deed or just said no to begin with? War can be hell

I do not know one man who fought that war who would have enjoyed a rape and or a killing.The killing was kill or be killed ..and there were plenty of women for a price who would provide a sexual favor so some of the stuff one hears in my opinion is made up by some REMF....or someone with an agenda

However if you took fire from a village and the village with every man, woman, child, pig, and chicken were killed then it was one less village that ever shot at you again...even that did not happen very often or not that I can remember...
edit on 14-8-2013 by 727Sky because: he

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
No mention of John Kerry's membership in Scull and Bones in the OP? Its actually impossible to discuss him in a meaningful way without referring to this -->

edit on 14-8-2013 by YodHeVauHe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
wrong thread

edit on 16-8-2013 by YodHeVauHe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join