It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over San Antonio? Skygazer captures video of mysterious orb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
SAN ANTONIO -- Video footage taken in San Antonio has been posted to an alien watch site.

The video on Latest-UFO-Sightings.net shows a fuzzy white object drifting across the sky on Aug. 10, 2013. According to post, the "orb" was traveling southwest at a low altitude. Mario Vallejo said he caught the orb by leaving the camera running for hours at his southeast-side house -- a technique known as skyfishing.
"To me it's an orb, and I've been seeing these things a lot around here. I really don't know what they are? Maybe a drone?" Vallejo explained over the phone.

Well,

what say you ats, orb? drone? weather balloon? bird?

Link

Sorry if this has been posted already. I did use search and couldnt find it.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Thanks for taking the time to post: I can't tell what it is; to far away, but interesting none the less

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Yeah it is very far away, or very small, im surprised that site did an article on it.

Just thought I would share it here anyway,

Im awaiting the day someone gets a decent video of something that cant be easily explained away

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This is definitely interesting. Very hard to tell what it is though. I do like that the video has birds flying in the foreground as it gives us the opportunity to see that whatever it is does not appear to behave like those birds.

Nice find.
edit on 13-8-2013 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Interesting footage.
I think the videographer may have used digital zoom because its such poor quality we will never know what it is for sure

Thanks for the post s&f

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Huge Air Force base in San Antonio, so it could really be anything. I'd put my money on something the military was playing with.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Doesn't appear to be a bird or balloon. Doesn't appear to be a plane or helicopter. I'll guess it is an unidentified flying object.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
That reminds me of the orb i observed over the skies of Fresno Calif, except the view I had was from almost directly underneath. This one is also moving much faster than the one In Fresno.

Link to thread on Fresno UFO

Good find

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Interesting video. I noticed that there was some form of distortion in front of that "orb" that was moving with the orb but at a faster speed...

I wonder if this is the gravity distortion that Lazer refered too
. I tend to be a skeptic, but I also try to keep a open mind.

Star and flagger.

-SAP-
edit on 13-8-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
There's not much of quality to the video (only a few pixels define the object), so the UFO remains a UFO in the regard of being unidentified. But despite my skeptic nature towards UFO footage (most are lens artifacts/bugs/birds/reflections), this reminds me of one of the few UFOs that I've seen in person while bird watching. By all appearances, you'd think it's a beachball-sized metallized plastic balloon floating about 1000ft up or so. But the reason why I noticed the UFO in my case instead of just thinking it was a balloon is that it was traveling in a perfectly straight line opposite of the prevailing winds at a constant speed. (And the few clouds in the sky were going the same way as the ground level winds. So something like wind shear would seem an unlikely explanation.)

So I'd say it's a UFO (it's possible it still could be identified as a balloon if there were better footage), but it's one of those edge cases where info is limited and it remains a UFO by definition.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

Interesting video. I noticed that there was some form of distortion in front of that "orb" that was moving with the orb but at a faster speed...

. I tend to be a skeptic, but I also try to keep a open mind.

Star and flagger.

-SAP-
edit on 13-8-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

More likely artifacts in the video as the object is so small only a few pixels across.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

what say you ats, orb? drone? weather balloon? bird?

Soaring bird, as opposed to the other birds in the video flapping their wings.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
If it was a balloon u would think it would rise up as it moved, but this just goes to the left really straight, pretty good footage. they need to keep filming, see what else they see,but use better camera.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
With such a low-resolution video (high amount of video compression), the object could be a lot of things -- a small plane, a slowly soaring bird, etc.

You can't go by the look of the object because of the video compression artifacts surrounding it.

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

. I tend to be a skeptic, but I also try to keep a open mind...

As I mentioned above, the distortion is due to a high amount of video compression (it is a low resolution video).

Take a look at the edges of the trees, where the treeline meets the sky. It has this same distortion that we can see around the object.

edit on 8/14/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Multiple Air Force bases in San Anto, pretty good size Army base as well. I grew up there, it is VERY common to see different air craft in the skies above SATX. Just sayin

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Unidentified for now.

But so would nearly anything that flew through the video, due to the quality.

There's really not much else to add to this one. It's a blurry something

new topics

top topics

join