It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dawn of Witchcraft, it is time now.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
What a pointless argument. The sort of "unnatural influence" that magic wielders exert over the world around them is more psychological than anything else. Every tool, every herb, every word is them taking a psychological element and manipulating it with the goal of manipulating their own mind. That's what it's called a ritual.

It is their right to practice these things, as long as they aren't infringing on others' rights. If they want to drive themselves mad, then I wish them the best of fortune. It's not like I can stop them. This thread proves that.

I wouldn't downplay that "psychological" element. In that psychological element is centered that which makes us human and sets us off from the animals. It's the life of the soul (re original meaning of "psychology) and through it goes much of what we experience as reality. And those who want OUR minds to work for THEM have known this for a very long time.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I.e., how are zombies made in the old Haitian culture ? How are people convinced to enroll in some "worthwhile cause" ? It goes all through the life of the soul, there where resides that which motivates human beings, and from which depends what is perceived as real. Whether poisons or chemicals are used or purely psychological techniques, is not the point.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by BlueLobster

The vibes you are feeling from this thread are nothing more or less than the vibes you get from any other conflict between opposing bands of humans. So no, it's nothing specific to wicca or witches.

Similar but still I think according to what sort of battles we are considering, there might be specific vibes.

Let's say we witness a group of knights battling with a band of rogues, I am sure the vibes will be perhaps vaguely similar but still different from those given off by proponents of witchcraft and some opposing it, opposing their views on a forum. Don't you think so ?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by PtolemyII
The witches of the UK helped to bring down Hitler, and the pagan community of NYC made sure the REAL perpetrators of 911 were made to pay.
I, personally, took action on certain events in Iraq.
Witches of honor, and there are many of us , do the right thing, which you obviously know nothing about.
Ritual used to control fate of the planet, is being used by GOVERNMENTS . I suggest you look into it
edit on 8/16/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

These are strong claims.

How do you know your rituals did this ?
I am not saying rituals have no effect, I am just asking you how you know this is what they accomplished.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by works4dhs

Originally posted by PtolemyII
The witches of the UK helped to bring down Hitler, and the pagan community of NYC made sure the REAL perpetrators of 911 were made to pay.
I, personally, took action on certain events in Iraq.
Witches of honor, and there are many of us , do the right thing, which you obviously know nothing about.
Ritual used to control fate of the planet, is being used by GOVERNMENTS . I suggest you look into it

um...source? documentation?
if your kind has so much power, why is the world so screwed up? can you stop the violence in Detroit? bring gas down to $2.00/gallon?
any chance of a prediction of some future acheivmen?

I'd like to let you know that somewhere hidden in the mountains in some South-American or Middle-American country there lives an ancient tribe whose members are convinced they are responsible for keeping all things on earth and in human society in equilibrium, and without them everything would be screwed up. They believe this based on age-old beliefs and practices.

But how do we know what they are doing DOESN'T do anything ? My guess, as good as anyone else's, is that they are just doing their part as they see it in their own eyes.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This thread will be discussed tonight at 10pm Est tonight on Reality Remix.

Join ATS Members SheepSlayer247, Adjensen, NoRegretsEver, Druid42 & Beezer for two hours of their take on threads past and present right here on ATS!

Also this thread will have a surprise guest, ATS member Cuervo

Reality Remix

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Not sure what the outcome was of that discussion advertised, but in response to those questioning about the witches involvement in warfare, look up the original nine covens of the Traditional Craft in England during the late 1800's until around 1950 (which is when Witchcraft began becoming more mainstream.)

The New Forest coven was involved in a ritual to provide England protection from Germany. Obviously, whether that worked or not is down to interpretation. I don't know the specifics of the ritual so I can't pass judgment.

Witches were used many times throughout warfare, they used to place them in towers overlooking battles.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueLobster
I am not saying rituals have no effect, I am just asking you how you know this is what they accomplished.

Magic is to produce statistically unlikely states by will.

You will never know, could still have been a fluke, coincidence, fortune...

Originally posted by Wyrdnews
Witches were used many times throughout warfare, they used to place them in towers overlooking battles.

The best of them were leading the first wave, you need a varlokkur for a good battle cry!

Its an old game, red dragons, white dragons, Mog Ruith, Simon Magus, Merlin...

Ask Crowley: "Apollonius Tyanæus, Simon Magus, Manes, Pythagoras , Basilides, Valentinus, Bardesanes and Hippolytus, that transmitted the Light of the Gnosis to us their successors and their heirs; with Merlin, Arthur, Kamuret, Parzival, and many another, prophet, priest and king, that bore the Lance and Cup, the Sword and Disk, against the Heathen"

Well, the Heathen are still alive...
edit on 29-8-2013 by greyhat because: .

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyhat

Trouble is, those statistics are getting harder to quantify seeing as quantum science is beginning to recognise that conscious observation changes the results of experiments. Seems like as science goes on its just simply proving the old shamanistic teachings correct.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyrdnews
Trouble is, those statistics are getting harder to quantify seeing as quantum science is beginning to recognise that conscious observation changes the results of experiments. Seems like as science goes on its just simply proving the old shamanistic teachings correct.

Its ok for me. I know my will and what i do, no one else needs to know (for shure) what happened.

Magic doesn't really exist. Witchcraft is just superstition. Move along folks, nothing to see here.

I am quite comfortable with the non-existence of an Geiger counter equivalent for measuring magic.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

I am talking about rituals, black magick, enochian magick, evocation, invocations and so on, not science as it is today even if some part of science could be banished because of the abuse which could result.

and how do you know that science is not a modern type of witch craft. It has a belief system and relies upon repeated ritual...

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyhat

Yes, that's what I mean.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by thruthseek3r

Originally posted by LionOfGOD

Yes.
To this very day, EVERY day.
But doing so does NOT give you a free pass from responsibility.
It doesn´t do so for me, and it sure as hell doesn´t do so for anyone else either.
I know the cost, and i pay it as agreed.
edit on 17-8-2013 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

I can take responsibility for the fact that I might be the reason why they came into my life yes I agree. Although we have to consider, if you are aware of this stuff, that the forces of chaos and separation do are strong and have a strong influence over our lives and it needs to be addressed more if we are the vanquish them.

Thruthseek3r

The thing is though, what some don't understand, is whatever the blame and responsibility, once you know you know and if you turn from toward the truth.....you are still at that same level of spiritual war.

I won't even banter to much. They never consider that their simple exposure to what's going on around them is also about all the level of warfare they are capable of. All were under the elements at one time and to different degrees. If all one ever did was steal a cookie for the jar then maybe that's the extent of ones counsel.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

I have been mistaken, and was obscure by a dark entity of some sort. I am sorry for any witchcraft practitioner that I could have insulted, hurt or damaged their view on the topic in any shape or form.

Please, bear with me, one who talked those words against witchcraft was not me but a dark entity which has some problem with witchcraft. I am now working on myself on a subconscious level to clean out those "parasites" which are inside me.

If there is anybody which needed to deal with this kind of issue in the past or has any type of knowledge relevant to it, please let me know.

Sincerely yours and now in the known as having been obscured, sadly ... Thruthseek3r

Wow. What a back flip, and after almost four full days. I wonder, what kind of obscure, dark, and parasitic entity possesses someone like that to set people off on a tirade and campaign against nature-worship religious practicioners?

I'll take a pass on that wine and wafer, thank you.

edit on 17-8-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

Oh please with the sanctimonious whining. What goes on out in the groves isn't fit to be talked about.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

I have been mistaken, and was obscure by a dark entity of some sort. I am sorry for any witchcraft practitioner that I could have insulted, hurt or damaged their view on the topic in any shape or form.

Please, bear with me, one who talked those words against witchcraft was not me but a dark entity which has some problem with witchcraft. I am now working on myself on a subconscious level to clean out those "parasites" which are inside me.

If there is anybody which needed to deal with this kind of issue in the past or has any type of knowledge relevant to it, please let me know.

Sincerely yours and now in the known as having been obscured, sadly ... Thruthseek3r

Wow. What a back flip, and after almost four full days. I wonder, what kind of obscure, dark, and parasitic entity possesses someone like that to set people off on a tirade and campaign against nature-worship religious practicioners?

I'll take a pass on that wine and wafer, thank you.

edit on 17-8-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

Oh please with the sanctimonious whining. What goes on out in the groves isn't fit to be talked about.

Neither are most Catholic churches.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by greyhat

Which is blasphemous, given that we are supposed to utterly surrender all things both fate and destiny to the supreme overlord of the universe. The course of time and nature is not ours to manipulate...or so they would have you believe. In my humble opinion, if we are capable of using such manipulations to make the world a better place for ourselves and others, we are obligated to do so.

As it is said: all it takes for evil to win, is for good men to do nothing.
edit on 3-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

you are still at that same level of spiritual war.

So, Logarock, are you one of the Seven Mountain Dominionists? "Spiritual warfare" is one of the code words for them. The New Apostolic Reformation people.

The ones who think they can detect what demon is in charge of a place, a person, an organization.....

Are you one of those??

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

What about those of us who walk the fine line? My service is to the Light, but as any forest fighter would know, sometimes your going to have to fight fire with fire. If I were to use a power of Darkness to harm or even bind an 'enemy of Light' what then? [yes I know the whole its a sin thing] Many people would sacrifice much for there country, what would some be willing to take upon them selves for there God & It's people? As our world grows ever closer to the supposed & as of yet unknown 'Event' that most all who are awake seem to feel is coming, some of us see the progression & spread of evil in our world, But lets get one thing straight: its not like evil is in every other back yard, the evil we see most is the subtle influence's that have grown out of control, the influence is Greed & the influenced would be our government as well as many major corporations & politicians.

And one more thing is The Fact- [in my opinion & experience] - that there are things in some darkness's that are not of this plain of existence, ghosts in many cases, demons in many 'ghost' cases, sometimes things come through in the places where the Vail between worlds is thin... - they are an Abomination, most often they have to be destroyed or sent back, contained in the most extreme cases...

As it stands as it ever shall you have to use The Word of God to really banish or preferably destroy said 'Entity'. As it is it takes a real Priest [s] to take cair of the really Dark stuff, & as I said-Fire with Fire, you in many cases need, lets say One who is in touch with things that others are not, powers, ability, instinct, a Faith & Willpower beyond many of the claimed faithful.
I do have to note that nobody seems to need the Loki type after the war...

I am not a religious zealot, I don't go to Church, I have strong opinions about right & wrong.
edit on 3-9-2013 by SoulRelliK because: Was not quite right.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Hi I'm 13 and got my first family eirloom and it's a pentacle I was wondering if I have magick bloodline if so how can I tell??

Blessed Be
)o(

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Funny thing about magic....

The more proficient you are at it....the less you want to use it.

Because the desired effects, while drastic, also seem to have side effects, that are equally impacting, and largely unpredictable.

At least that's been my experience. So I tend to study it more than actually USE it....

Granted, it's a pretty secret hobby. Not because I fear persecution. Just that my kids are impressionable enough (even though young adults), and I feel one needs to have a bit more life experience and wisdom before really delving into the subject.

Other than wearing robes, a pointy hat, and growing a long beard, I'm pretty much all of the other things one would associate with a wizard. (well, that and a 9 to 5 job)...

Now if I can just transform piles of books into an actual library, I'll be good to go.
edit on 9-6-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join