It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dawn of Witchcraft, it is time now.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eidolon23

Originally posted by resoe26
You know man, when you speak of a group... make sure you say "Some religious people" in lieu of "religious people" so you're not grouping EVERY SINGLE ONE of them together.

Appx. 3 minutes later, makes the following sweeping generalization:

In my opinion (MINE EXCLUSIVELY), anyone who says they are "wiccan", seem to be a bit on hipster status. As if they want to look different and hip.

"I was into dressing up like a renfaire extra before it was cool. Oh wait, that's right, IT'S NEVER BEEN COOL."

Your opinion (and I daresay it is yours exclusively, have you actually met a hipster or a Wiccan?) is bizarre and inaccurate. Which is fine, make all the ludicrous generalizations you like, but maybe you should think twice before scolding others for doing the same.

When did I scold you? I assume your "wiccan". That's cool sir pentagram or whatever. Wiccan is club for magic the gathering players right?
just kidding...

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

You know man, when you speak of a group... make sure you say "Some religious people" in lieu of "religious people" so you're not grouping EVERY SINGLE ONE of them together.

In my opinion (MINE EXCLUSIVELY), anyone who says they are "wiccan", seem to be a bit on hipster status. As if they want to look different and hip.

"I was into dressing up like a renfaire extra before it was cool. Oh wait, that's right, IT'S NEVER BEEN COOL."

Your opinion (and I daresay it is yours exclusively, have you actually met a hipster or a Wiccan?) is bizarre and inaccurate. Which is fine, make all the ludicrous generalizations you like, but maybe you should think twice before scolding others for doing the same.

When did I scold you? I assume your "wiccan". That's cool sir pentagram or whatever. Wiccan is club for magic the gathering players right?
just kidding...

Your tone is distinctly mocking, Resoe26. I hope I am misunderstanding.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

well it was a joke.
but I hope you're not the type to be trying to threaten me.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Does it sound like I'm threatening you? Over a broadband connection, using words on a monitor, on a site that tends to take very unkindly to such approaches? I never intended to give that impression, as it would be an utter waste of time - both for myself and those reading it.

As such, I hope it's not your habit to jump to assumptions. A very poor tendency to develop on a forum intended to deny ignorance. I hope you keep that in mind when discussing subjects you could stand to learn from, instead of taking an uninformed stance and defending it out of pride and, well, ignorance.

A helpful tip from one flawed human to another.

edit on 16-8-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Cuervo

No, no. Christianity does push the exclusivity deal, but wicca is more of a personal thing activity, like sexual gratification. It's a very personal, very spiritual connection for a lot of people. It's as tightly knit as the pointer finger of your right hand. Some are more casual with it, like hippies and stuff. They're open, but then they are also a lot more loose and naive with it. Armchair spiritualists and the like. It's a hobby for them. The people I'm talking about are the ones who make it into a lifestyle, a therapy, a practice that they invest time and money and energy in. A practice they actually struggle to improve and hone. They devote themselves like a Buddhist monk devotes himself to meditation.

I can see, and appreciate, that end of the wicca spectrum. I can reconcile it quite easily with the same sort of people who are zealous runners, who cannot go more than a couple of days without jogging a few miles. It's their medicine, their regulatory endeavor that recharges them emotionally and helps them take a break from the chaos in their head. That's not how everyone describes it, but I think most people will understand what I'm talking about. It's a rejuvenating thing, a relaxing thing. It's a therapeutic exercise. But it's also very very personal for some. Some invest the very most inner part of themselves into the practice. Because that's what gives it the power to affect you so deeply. That's you surrendering to yourself.

I don't see what's wrong with that. It's no more dangerous or harmful than reading a book - or rather, writing in your diary.

Which is in line with what I was saying. It is not properly understood by the average person therefore it attracts people who like to be known for liking "underground" things. Bands you've never heard, gods you don't understand, etc etc.

It doesn't mean they are all like that. All faiths have genuine adherents who believe what they do out of true sincerity. I am not a hipster but I am fully willing to admit that my path does draw some of those personality types.

Now... when he originally said "hipster", I don't think he truly understands that word, either. You are probably thinking of the actual hipsters with the handlebar mustaches, ironic t-shirts and trucker hats where he was probably thinking that it just meant people who try to be fashionable by "going against the grain".

Here's a joke for you:
- How many hipsters does it take to screw in a light bulb?
- How many?
- Man... it's a number you've probably never heard of...

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

...Ha. Ha. Ha. ._.

You should stick to mainstream humor. Lose too many of the common devices and you've crippled a technique that's proven to work.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Hey I know three of them (Angie, Drake and Selena), respect the first two, avoid Selena.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by thruthseek3r
Dear ATsers,

I am making this thread because I believe witchcraft is a thing which is very real and because i beilieve it is time to think about it seriously. From my own personal experiences, I had many occasions which I had some insights with extra-sensorial perception of many kinds to discover later it was witchcraft to a certain exxtent.

I now tell you that in former life from now on, I oppose any kind of witchcraft and I will fight with my heart at it's deepest level in order to stop it any way whatever the cost may be. I learned how bad it is, how it is corrupting our own soul and so it must be prevented to do any further damage to the human race, yet there is still some hope.

It was presented in another thread named Welcome to planet salem how we are involved in this in our everyday life without even realizing it with our repetitive routine and ritual and so on. I suggest you read the thread to find precisely what i am talking about.

I now testify that I Thruthseek3r oppose any former witch or any individual part of witchcraft on a voluntary basis. No matter how much torment I could expose myself to, the ones who are in the known of the matters going on, what is at stake, the energy game of this planet, I tell you your little game of control will come to an end and again I oppose such things. This is for freedom, this is against wickedness, this to end witchcraft.

Thruthseek3r

This is a nice but also courageous and maybe somewhat cocky statement, Truthseek3r.

You are right in thinking witchcraft is very common (if that's what you are thinking, but I suppose it is), I am sure I myself have come across people involved in it very often... these recent years maybe even on a daily basis.

I believe those who practice it knowingly and willingly, and with full intent to cause whatever they are causing, indeed are putting their souls in jeopardy, even if for a time they may seem very powerful to some.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by thruthseek3r

I now testify that I Thruthseek3r oppose any former witch or any individual part of witchcraft on a voluntary basis. No matter how much torment I could expose myself to, the ones who are in the known of the matters going on, what is at stake, the energy game of this planet, I tell you your little game of control will come to an end and again I oppose such things. This is for freedom, this is against wickedness, this to end witchcraft.

Nice speech.....not quite sure how you posting a bit of a rant and testifying on the internet is going to help "end witchcraft" though

I suppose the idea is to rally other people to his idea. I don't think he mentioned "ending witchcraft" explicitly.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueLobster

I believe those who practice it knowingly and willingly, and with full intent to cause whatever they are causing, indeed are putting their souls in jeopardy, even if for a time they may seem very powerful to some.

It would be very helpful if you explained your reasons for believing such, instead of just tossing your opinion into the ring like it's good enough without justification.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I suppose the idea is to rally other people to his idea. I don't think he mentioned "ending witchcraft" explicitly.

Oh really?

You don't read very well.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Dear ATsers,

I am making this thread because I believe witchcraft is a thing which is very real and because i beilieve it is time to think about it seriously.

I take my witchcraft very seriously, thank you very much.

From my own personal experiences, I had many occasions which I had some insights with extra-sensorial perception of many kinds to discover later it was witchcraft to a certain exxtent.

Many would consider prayer, faith healing, and other Christian customs as witchcraft, as well.

I have a feeling you are in fact talking about yourself ? This would be a somewhat useful but also silly counter-defensive attitude of witches toward those who oppose them most, to wit Christians ?

If you really consider this, then you might perhaps consider putting salt in your soup, or letting yourself feel the wind blowing through your hair, witchcraft as well ?

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Oh really?

And you think this proves he doesn't want to rally other people to his idea ?

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

It would be very helpful if you explained your reasons for believing such, instead of just tossing your opinion into the ring like it's good enough without justification.

Well, since when isn't it allowed anymore to state your opinion without officially having to justify it ?

If this opinion of mines goes counter to what you yourself believe in the matter, why don't you state YOUR opinion rather than call me out ?

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueLobster

Oh really?

My post was in response to your comment here:

I don't think he mentioned "ending witchcraft" explicitly.

The underlined selections in my post were a direct correction of your statement. I thought that was clear. Then again, you've already demonstrated your reading skills. I'll be sure not to expect so much of you in the future.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Oh really?

My post was in response to your comment here:

I don't think he mentioned "ending witchcraft" explicitly.

I thought that was clear. Then again, you've already demonstrated your reading skills. I'll be sure not to expect so much of you in the future.

Oh wow. Nice welcome. You seem to be aware of my being new here. Do you prey on newcomers ?

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I have been here for an hour or so and already I have a clear feeling there are wars being fought here - between witches/wouldbe witches/pro witches - call them what you want - and the other side, the anti-witches - not exclusively of course. But if these antagonisms I have already seen and felt in this thread alone are anything to go by....

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

The vibes you are feeling from this thread are nothing more or less than the vibes you get from any other conflict between opposing bands of humans. So no, it's nothing specific to wicca or witches.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Dear ATsers,

I am making this thread because I believe witchcraft is a thing which is very real and because i beilieve it is time to think about it seriously.

I take my witchcraft very seriously, thank you very much.

From my own personal experiences, I had many occasions which I had some insights with extra-sensorial perception of many kinds to discover later it was witchcraft to a certain exxtent.

Many would consider prayer, faith healing, and other Christian customs as witchcraft, as well.

I have a feeling you are in fact talking about yourself ? This would be a somewhat useful but also silly counter-defensive attitude of witches toward those who oppose them most, to wit Christians ?

"counter defensive"? If I wanted to be counter defensive to the OP's statements, wouldn't I be calling for the extermination of all Christians?

I said "many do consider it....". That is fact. Many people do.

If you really consider this, then you might perhaps consider putting salt in your soup, or letting yourself feel the wind blowing through your hair, witchcraft as well ?

Only if it is done with intent. There is kitchen witchcraft as well as straight up nature worship so, yes, both of those activities could be done under the scope of "witchcraft".

Petitioning to an external source to get things done is something both monotheistic and polytheistic religions share. You and I both know that Christianity is not "witchcraft" (there are Christian witches, though) but the similarities of the actions are undeniable.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I have been here for an hour or so and already I have a clear feeling there are wars being fought here - between witches/wouldbe witches/pro witches - call them what you want - and the other side, the anti-witches - not exclusively of course. But if these antagonisms I have already seen and felt in this thread alone are anything to go by....

Yeah, it's kinda weird how calling for the extermination of an entire religion will ruffle some feathers, eh?

edit on 16-8-2013 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join