It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dawn of Witchcraft, it is time now.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Wow. What a jaded and dark assessment.
It's not false, though. You remind me of a pessimist version of myself and I often find myself agreeing with much of what you say but I do see silver linings. What you say is true but I believe we are healing as a species, not succumbing to sickness.

In first world nations, it is no longer legally encouraged to burn witches at the stake and people of all faiths are technically protected. I call that progress. It's not perfect and there are still many people of the type you just described but they are thinning out.

I have chosen to not worry about hiding. I have rolled the dice and bet on civility and human compassion winning out over fear and hate. I have been accused of unchecked optimism before and maybe it will get me killed one day but at least I'll die with a favorable opinion of humanity.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Cuervo

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by sealing
When I wake up in the morning I think....
What's going to get me today?

Police "accidentally" shooting me?
Car accident?
Tornado? as I live in central Texas.
Maybe a lunatic is on the loose? Again I live in Texas.
Terror event ? See above
Or witchcraft ??
Yep witches are my biggest worry.

That's the irony here. The OP has no real threat from witches but witches have to live in daily fear of the type of sociopath behavior proudly demonstrated by people with his convictions.

I like to live fearlessly and, if fact, one of my goals in life is to get others to live openly and honestly in regards to their personal beliefs but sometimes I'm wondering if we haven't really made the progress that we like to say we've made. This thread is a perfect illustration that there are still dangerous people out there.

Are you kidding? The type of prejudice and oppression that we're used to reading about in the history books never really went away. It just went underground long enough for wounds to heal over, then changed faces and spread itself through the shadows. Division is far too powerful a tool to just be stomped out. It had to be tranquilized, programmed, and controlled. The stuff we're seeing here, on the forum, in this thread...it's useful. Terrible to say, but it is. It's a magnificent weapon in the right hands. That's what we read about in history. The most horrible thing about the human species is how awfully, awfully easy it is to convince us to kill one another. But the worst part of it is that we will believe we are doing the right thing. We will believe that murder is a necessary act. We will believe that our fellow man must be exterminated for one reason or another.

Call it righteousness, call it duty, call it whatever you like. Personally, I call it mechanics. Isolate the most potentially threatening elements of society and eliminate any practices that stand a decent chance of validating them. Virus protection software. Unfortunately, this "virus protection software" functions as a filtering mechanism by which to purify the virtues of society. We want to be perfect. We want to be superior. We want to be a unified mass, a synchronous entity, that lives only to amass, consume, and expand at the behest of a mysterious authoritative figure that desires to convert all of reality to little more than an extension of itself - for the "greater good". What other reason do we have to exist? We've been convinced that this authoritative figure is what we always should have been. And now we're fighting for a taste, just a taste of what it is to be IT. That's what this game is about...converting reality until all of existence, including ourselves, has become an exact reproduction of what our mysterious ruler is. Sounds pretty judicious, doesn't it? Haha. What a freakin' joke. Our willingness to swallow that bargain and allow ourselves to be hooked like fish really scares me.

And this mentality we are witnessing in this thread is a symptom of that system. You get people like Thruthseek3r who are willing to go to such great and terrible lengths to see such a misguided system completed. We must eradicate all dissidents, lest the mission objective be compromised. We must prevent individual independence lest the gears of the great clock learn how much they really don't need the clock to be happy.

This is military strategy, people.
edit on 15-8-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

This is the real evil stuff here. Trying to "liberate" people from God (aka "the system"). I personally DO need God to be happy, I am here to fulfill our plan for me, not to pursue my own "freedom". People like the above want to obliterate all life, because it can never be "free" as long as it has a master (God). I strongly disagree with that goal. OK if you disagree, but don't try to drag me or others into your personal Abyss.

Be careful of people trying to sell you LIBERTY and FREEDOM - be very, very careful, kids. If you think that sounds fascist, go ahead and argue with me about it, but it's your own pit you're digging.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

It's not false, though.

As far as I am able to observe, what I have described is exactly how the religious game is supposed to be played. It is both the 'what' and the 'why'. If someone is not religious for that reason, they do not yet fully understand what religion is meant to do, and I consider them extremely fortunate.

You remind me of a pessimist version of myself and I often find myself agreeing with much of what you say but I do see silver linings.

Funny you should mention that - silver linings are the parts where the game's rules are bent. Whether or not the game is just a reality we ourselves have projected in place of a universe that has no meaning except that which is given to it...the rules still exist. We have imposed them. And where the rules are bent, silver linings may be found. It's probably predictable that you find them, given you are found where the rules are bent or broken.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by rawheroine

I personally DO need God to be happy, I am here to fulfill our plan for me, not to pursue my own "freedom".

Don't know why he gave you a brain then. You could function perfectly well in your chosen capacity without one. After all, being able to make your own decisions only gets in the way of having your destiny chosen for you, from what I hear.

That's what witchcraft is about - using your own power to craft your own happiness. I find that dreams we make with our own hands possess a lot more value than dreams fed to us with silver spoons. More that that, however, is using witchcraft to study our reality. In my opinion, understanding our world is far more rewarding than changing it. Understanding our world leads to understanding ourselves, and understanding ourselves is the first step to being happy.

That's what witchcraft means to me. Crafting our own destiny and learning how to listen to the world, and in doing so, understanding who we are. Because of that, I will forever appreciate what witchcraft can do. And I will never, ever condemn it...anymore than I would condemn a car, an axe, or a candle. All of which are destructive in the wrong hands, but have saved numerous lives in the right hands.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I think there's really no point in continuing this thread, there's obviously a lot of hate without any room for reason and this thread just seems like an anti-witch thread which is probably against the rules, specifically if it involves "irradiation".

- There was plenty of sources provided to state that Wicca is about love and not hate.
- The Karma rule may not really make sense but it's a Wiccan thing, so deal with it.
- The confusion is between Witchcraft and Blood Magic, two which are completely different (see sources for details)
- The purpose of this thread is clearly to bash witchcraft and everyone that practices it, in a threatening manner no less
- Witches don't need to be Wiccans, and they don't need to not believe in Jesus or God, so forget about using that as an excuse
- There's no reasoning in this thread. When there are sources about the truth about a particular way of life, it immediately gets dismissed.

All I hear in this thread is a bunch of crying instead of a civilized conversation. I was hoping that this thread would be a fun topic to maturely discuss but it's clear that OP doesn't care what any of us have to say, but rather want to continue ranting. I'm pretty sure that this thread will likely just continue to escalate and for the sake of what this thread has become (a lot of rants/bashing/hate). Oh well, if Karma exists, you'll find out first-hand.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

- The confusion is between Witchcraft and Blood Magic, two which are completely different (see sources for details)

Gimme a sec...

Body piercing can also be part of a blood ritual. Though piercing does not always cause bleeding, it certainly can. Piercing has been practiced in a number of indigenous cultures throughout the world, usually as a symbolic rite of passage, a symbolic death and rebirth, an initiation, or for reasons of magical protection

Blood rituals often involve a symbolic death and rebirth, as literal bodily birth involves bleeding. Blood is typically seen as very powerful, and sometimes as unclean. Blood sacrifice is sometimes considered by the practitioners of prayer, ritual magic, and spell casting to intensify the power of such activities.

en.wikipedia.org...

Holy crow, Batman! This sounds really familiar! Or it should, anyway.

So are we saying that the crucifixion of Jesus could be considered blood magic? Wow! Look how the tables just turned! By the way, someone should pick up that phone...

...BECAUSE WE ****ING CALLED IT!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by spartacus699
reply to post by arpgme

Well our opinions differ greatly but witches certainly aren't tapping into God's power that's for sure. So what are they tapping into

They're tapping into the "Spirit". This is what is meant when "Nature" is referred to. DO NOT confuse the "Spirit" with the "Soul".

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Em2013

Gimme a sec...

Body piercing can also be part of a blood ritual. Though piercing does not always cause bleeding, it certainly can. Piercing has been practiced in a number of indigenous cultures throughout the world, usually as a symbolic rite of passage, a symbolic death and rebirth, an initiation, or for reasons of magical protection

Blood rituals often involve a symbolic death and rebirth, as literal bodily birth involves bleeding. Blood is typically seen as very powerful, and sometimes as unclean. Blood sacrifice is sometimes considered by the practitioners of prayer, ritual magic, and spell casting to intensify the power of such activities.

en.wikipedia.org...

Holy crow, Batman! This sounds really familiar! Or it should, anyway.

So are we saying that the crucifixion of Jesus could be considered blood magic? Wow! Look how the tables just turned! By the way, someone should pick up that phone...

...BECAUSE WE ****ING CALLED IT!!!

I don't enjoy bashing Christianity. Truly, I don't. But it does irritate me when a Christian points out what I do and says it is morbid and dark (seriously, I don't deal with anything relating to blood or gore) when Paul made the whole blood and flesh of Christ thing literal. How morbid can you possibly get?!

And here's the thing... I fully support their blood ritual to their god! I think it's great. I get it, it makes sense, and it is in every way a meaningful (and delightfully creepy) way to honor their Jesus. But that feeling is rarely reciprocated. I never get a pastor commenting on my rituals saying "I could see why that would work" yet I've heard Wiccan priests and other witches commend various Christian acts.

Don't get me wrong, there are crowds upon crowds of angst-ridden hormonal teenage witches that convinced themselves that Christians are out to flay them alive but most generally have a healthy attitude about other faiths. It's sort of the point.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I'll avoid quoting a quote of a quote of a quote of a quote.....

"Drink this wine as it represents the blood of our lord"
"Eat this cookie? (forgot the English word for this) as a symbol of the lord's body"

Okay, so eating flesh and blood is common everyday practice for Christians.

What about circumcision? Traditionally this is done at the age of 11 or 12 without anesthesia but these days it's often done with anesthesia and sometimes near the time of birth. I don't need to explain why this mutilation is related to blood magic, now do I?

Jesus allowed himself to be a human sacrifice and was nailed to a cross. He could have avoided the situation and kept living and performing miracles but he decided that he wanted to be crucified. Yes I know the whole story, heck I had to get a refresher course to get married >.>; but the premise is just that, human sacrifice.

I'll agree with the statement "THE TABLES HAVE TURNED" because quite honestly, if you want to talk about blood magic look at Christianity and its bloody rituals and compare it to the lack of any sort of rituals in Witchcraft. I move my horse here, check-mate.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I don't enjoy bashing anything unless it's a friendly ribbing. But if someone wants to pick a fight, then prepare to pass the dish around BOTH ways.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I think Our Friend the OP might be on Facebook too...Witches Must Die By Fire

Sounds like the same Mind to me.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen23

And yet religious people claim their god is "Love" or "Mercy" when they want people to die by fire just because they don't have the belief systems.

This is why I am starting to like Christians and religious people less and less.

People have the right to worship Satan if they want. People have the right to believe in Nature if they want. People have the right to use Magic if they want.

That is one of the main virtues of America and The Western World - Freedom of Religion.

If they don't like it, they can go live in a religious society without freedom of religious instead of trying to corrupt the free-world.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Em2013
I think there's really no point in continuing this thread, there's obviously a lot of hate without any room for reason and this thread just seems like an anti-witch thread which is probably against the rules, specifically if it involves "irradiation".

- There was plenty of sources provided to state that Wicca is about love and not hate.
- The Karma rule may not really make sense but it's a Wiccan thing, so deal with it.
- The purpose of this thread is clearly to bash witchcraft and everyone that practices it, in a threatening manner no less
- Witches don't need to be Wiccans, and they don't need to not believe in Jesus or God, so forget about using that as an excuse
- There's no reasoning in this thread. When there are sources about the truth about a particular way of life, it immediately gets dismissed.

All I hear in this thread is a bunch of crying instead of a civilized conversation. I was hoping that this thread would be a fun topic to maturely discuss but it's clear that OP doesn't care what any of us have to say, but rather want to continue ranting. I'm pretty sure that this thread will likely just continue to escalate and for the sake of what this thread has become (a lot of rants/bashing/hate). Oh well, if Karma exists, you'll find out first-hand.

There's no bashing or violence here. Only critiques and opinions - you gotta problem with that? Man, enough with the talk of martyrdom - you Wiccans are worse than the Christians when it comes to that. Wake up.

You guys aren't much for nuance or critical thinking, are you? "If it says that We Are Good on the Official Witch Marquee Sign™, then We Are Good, So Shut Up!" (Y'know, all religions sound great in their official statements, don't they, kids! And if your religion is so great - why be so defensive? Why come onto a thread that is opposed to your beliefs to fight? Isn't your motto "Do what thou wilt (and supposedly, that it harm none)" Someone having a differing opinion about your belief system does not equal a threat!)

People also have the right to be critical of your religion, especially when those who practice witchcraft tend to be very, uh, let's say...pushy. If you practice witchcraft, you had better be confining it to yourself and consenting parties only. The moment you cast a spell for/against anyone else, you have overstepped your bounds.

It doesn't reflect very well on you all's respect for "freedom" when you won't allow the OP and others their own opinion on religion! Take a long, hard gaze in your Magick Mirrors™, kids....

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by EarthCitizen23

And yet religious people claim their god is "Love" or "Mercy" when they want people to die by fire just because they don't have the belief systems.

This is why I am starting to like Christians and religious people less and less.

People have the right to worship Satan if they want. People have the right to believe in Nature if they want. People have the right to use Magic if they want.

That is one of the main virtues of America and The Western World - Freedom of Religion.

If they don't like it, they can go live in a religious society without freedom of religious instead of trying to corrupt the free-world.

You know man, when you speak of a group... make sure you say "Some religious people" in lieu of "religious people" so you're not grouping EVERY SINGLE ONE of them together.
There are folks out there who don't shove thier religion down others throat, and don't judge others by thier beliefs. You know what I mean? You probably just have yet to run into someone like that.
take care though.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by rawheroine

There's no bashing or violence here. Only critiques and opinions - you gotta problem with that? Man, enough with the talk of martyrdom - you Wiccans are worse than the Christians when it comes to that. Wake up.

You guys aren't much for nuance or critical thinking, are you? "If it says that We Are Good on the Official Witch Marquee Sign™, then We Are Good, So Shut Up!" (Y'know, all religions sound great in their official statements, don't they, kids! And if your religion is so great - why be so defensive? Why come onto a thread that is opposed to your beliefs to fight? Isn't your motto "Do what thou wilt (and supposedly, that it harm none)" Someone having a differing opinion about your belief system does not equal a threat!)

People also have the right to be critical of your religion, especially when those who practice witchcraft tend to be very, uh, let's say...pushy. If you practice witchcraft, you had better be confining it to yourself and consenting parties only. The moment you cast a spell for/against anyone else, you have overstepped your bounds.

It doesn't reflect very well on you all's respect for "freedom" when you won't allow the OP and others their own opinion on religion! Take a long, hard gaze in your Magick Mirrors™, kids....

In my opinion (MINE EXCLUSIVELY), anyone who says they are "wiccan", seem to be a bit on hipster status. As if they want to look different and hip. Almost like attention seeking.
I'm all for being different (in an artistic sense) but with a religion? naaaaaa. eff that.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26

In my opinion (MINE EXCLUSIVELY), anyone who says they are "wiccan", seem to be a bit on hipster status. As if they want to look different and hip. Almost like attention seeking.
I'm all for being different (in an artistic sense) but with a religion? naaaaaa. eff that.

You do have a point here but there is a valid reason for it. Saying Wiccans are "hipsters" is like saying Christians are racist. They both draw certain personalities.

Christianity is all about exclusivity and superiority which is why it draws white supremacists and other hate groups. Wicca is a bit more under the radar so it would draw people who try to claim they "liked it before it was cool".

Christianity isn't about close-minded racists but the exclusivity draws them in.
Islam isn't about terrorists but the religious fervor and passion draws them in.
Judaism isn't about banking but history has placed many people with Israeli descent in that line of work.
And Non-mainstream faiths (any of the pagan constructionist or eastern religions) aren't about being hip but the underground nature of it draws in the hipster kiddies.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Really? Nearly every victory in civil rights in American history has been met with the Christian church claiming that they are being oppressed by forcing them to be human. Interracial marriage? Racial equality? Gender equality? Marriage equality?

These are all things that Christians have, at one time, claimed "martyrdom". This thread is LITERALLY about removing practitioners of witchcraft from the face of the Earth. I think a threat of the eradication of an entire group of faiths calls for a bit of defensiveness.

I'm not saying there aren't over dramatic elements in the pagan sphere of faiths but comparing it to the typical western Christian cries of persecution is absolutely ridiculous.

People also have the right to be critical of your religion, especially when those who practice witchcraft tend to be very, uh, let's say...pushy.

So... where you live, you have people knocking at your door in the morning, trying to share the good news of the triple goddess? Do you? No? Ok, well when that happens we can talk about "pushy".

Originally posted by rawheroineIf you practice witchcraft, you had better be confining it to yourself and consenting parties only. The moment you cast a spell for/against anyone else, you have overstepped your bounds.

But it's okay to pray for us? Lovin' the double standards here.

I don't see anybody signing petitions to make this thread illegal. People are debating here. The irony of what you are claiming here is that you are actually telling others to not have their own opinion on religion by telling them to not have opinion against the OP's opinion.

For an entire thread based on the premise of the very dangerous notion of wiping out an entire set of spiritual beliefs and practices... I'd say it has been met with more than enough civility and patience.

I have NEVER called for the eradication of Christians or any other dangerous religions that I feel is a threat to my safety.

This isn't a case of people being whiny over somebody's misuse of words being offensive; this is talking about the elimination of people. The OP is lucky nobody is taking him seriously.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26
You know man, when you speak of a group... make sure you say "Some religious people" in lieu of "religious people" so you're not grouping EVERY SINGLE ONE of them together.

Appx. 3 minutes later, makes the following sweeping generalization:

In my opinion (MINE EXCLUSIVELY), anyone who says they are "wiccan", seem to be a bit on hipster status. As if they want to look different and hip.

"I was into dressing up like a renfaire extra before it was cool. Oh wait, that's right, IT'S NEVER BEEN COOL."

Your opinion (and I daresay it is yours exclusively, have you actually met a hipster or a Wiccan?) is bizarre and inaccurate. Which is fine, make all the ludicrous generalizations you like, but maybe you should think twice before scolding others for doing the same.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

No, no. Christianity does push the exclusivity deal, but wicca is more of a personal thing activity, like sexual gratification. It's a very personal, very spiritual connection for a lot of people. It's as tightly knit as the pointer finger of your right hand. Some are more casual with it, like hippies and stuff. They're open, but then they are also a lot more loose and naive with it. Armchair spiritualists and the like. It's a hobby for them. The people I'm talking about are the ones who make it into a lifestyle, a therapy, a practice that they invest time and money and energy in. A practice they actually struggle to improve and hone. They devote themselves like a Buddhist monk devotes himself to meditation.

I can see, and appreciate, that end of the wicca spectrum. I can reconcile it quite easily with the same sort of people who are zealous runners, who cannot go more than a couple of days without jogging a few miles. It's their medicine, their regulatory endeavor that recharges them emotionally and helps them take a break from the chaos in their head. That's not how everyone describes it, but I think most people will understand what I'm talking about. It's a rejuvenating thing, a relaxing thing. It's a therapeutic exercise. But it's also very very personal for some. Some invest the very most inner part of themselves into the practice. Because that's what gives it the power to affect you so deeply. That's you surrendering to yourself.

I don't see what's wrong with that. It's no more dangerous or harmful than reading a book - or rather, writing in your diary.
edit on 16-8-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Agreed. This thread is very hate filled. Amazing that it has managed 17 pages. Close the thread, please. The OP said he was interested in violence against witches. End thread.

I've been T&C'd for less.

This thread is inappropriate for ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join