It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Online Tracking Prevention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I finally made the switch from Google to a search engine called DuckDuckGo which is much better for privacy and I discovered this wee list of tools to combat companies tracking you and building profiles on you.

I know most of us at ATS are security and privacy aware and we probably buy the most tin foil but just in case this list helps anybody, I figured I would post it.

So hope it helps!

fixtracking.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Thanks for the post. I've basically come to the conclusion that, unless you're using TOR, there's really no way to be 'untrackable'. Most sites that you go to, most links that you click, most pages that you open up via url are all gateways for this..

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SaltireWarrior

Duckduck go is pretty good, I use it also. I also like this one hereIxquick and its sister engine, startpage

Thanks for the post. I've basically come to the conclusion that, unless you're using TOR, there's really no way to be 'untrackable'. Most sites that you go to, most links that you click, most pages that you open up via url are all gateways for this..

TOR has been compromised
edit on 13-8-2013 by Sharingan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Opt out of global data surveillance programs like PRISM, XKeyscore and Tempora. Stop governments from spying on you by encrypting your communications and ending your reliance on proprietary services.

prism-break.org...

Luke Rudkowski's "How to Opt Out Of PRISM" video:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharingan

Duckduck go is pretty good, I use it also. I also like this one hereIxquick and its sister engine, startpage

TOR has been compromised
edit on 13-8-2013 by Sharingan because: (no reason given)

O'h really? I haven't heard how so/when?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheIceQueen

"Down for Maintenance Sorry, This server is currently offline for maintenance. Please try again in a few hours." If you saw this while browsing Tor you went to an onion hosted by Freedom Hosting. The _javascript exploit was injected into your browser if you had _javascript enabled. What the exploit does: The JavaScript zero-day exploit that creates a unique cookie and sends a request to a random server that basically fingerprints your browser in some way, which is probably then correlated somewhere else since the cookie doesn't get deleted. Presumably it reports the victim's IP back to the FBI.

link

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Pretty good list. I use all those plus Self-Destructing Cookies 0.4.1 (for Firefox)....

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

Pretty good list. I use all those plus Self-Destructing Cookies 0.4.1 (for Firefox)....

beat me to it.
so far i'm real pleased with this one. you can see the cookie Self-Destructing while surfing all the time.
and i never knew google tried to place as many cookies as they do until i saw them on this.
edit on 13-8-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I made the switch awhile ago and I encourage anyone to do the same.
I use Firefox and I recently downloaded their new third party tracking software called "Lightbeam".
You can find it at the bottom of the Firefox homepage.
As soon as I logged onto ATS, by the way is the most intrusive site I encounter on a daily basis, I found that my information was being sent to 88 third party sites before I even barely logged in. I clicked on all the third party sites and blocked them and soon found ATS loading way faster without any disruption in my browsing experience. So I encourage everyone on ATS who values their personal information and browsing habits to use firefox and download Lightbeam.
I always new ATS was a heavily monitored site contrary to what they want you to believe but when I discovered this I was blown away.
I have been limiting my use of this CIA front for a long time now and after this I will come here less often.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: sad_eyed_lady

Very nice glad to see someone posted this ill be giving tips on how to implement all of these technologies

Once again a real good reply

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheIceQueen

Tor works well if you use it right. One of the first thing you should always do is never sign into “self” identifying accounts if thats not obvious enough, but also one needs to use a VPN service and others in order to not advertise to your ISP that you are using these type of technologies.
If you wish to stay safe on the Internet one must place multiple layers between them selves and there intended content that is being requested.
More on that here Want Tor to really work?

new topics

top topics

join