Obama the food stamp President

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

I really hope that pawn shop owner rots on a special level of hell, personally. Stop and think for a moment and it becomes clear very quickly that he was either a Grocery store owner ..which I doubt...or he was a criminal a couple times over. SNAP Program fraud by taking in the food and handing back 50% cash value ...but then what do you figure he did when all that food after taking the best off the top for himself?

I'm guess the sorry little troll donated it. Now that sounds generous, until stopping to realize why that comes to mind right away. It isn't for altruism. He could not only peddle half back for the product but take TAX deduction on store value for passing it on. Effectively turning an overall profit for his trouble. Grrrrrrr......

Of course, if we want to cut food stamps for fraud? Can we extend that to the Pentagon, Treasury and Interior Departments as a whole?
(We'll need a whole army of those little Walmart price choppers to hack some budgets)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Some people think I am barbarous because I am a proponent for drug testing people for food stamps because of this, I have a recovering addict cousin that was on assistance and on food stamps etc etc section 8 housing he was the one that kind of helped me understand what was going on there. That pawn shop was shut down for a couple of weeks because of that and trading for substances. I understand that not everyone is on things but I think testing will help weed out those that would abuse the system I know some smart ass will tell me I am a horrible person because of this narrow minded and unthinkable opinion. I would post a link to the news about it but I dont want to tell everyone where I live at either Similar type of deal

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

All I can say about drug testing is that Florida tried that and was quite sincere in the belief it would do what you say. It didn't and was an abject failure in the end.

MIAMI — Ushered in amid promises that it would save taxpayers money and deter drug users, a Florida law requiring drug tests for people who seek welfare benefits resulted in no direct savings, snared few drug users and had no effect on the number of applications, according to recently released state data.

Now that's one loooong sentence of fail, right there. From the New York Times, no less.

From July through October in Florida — the four months when testing took place before Judge Scriven’s order — 2.6 percent of the state’s cash assistance applicants failed the drug test, or 108 of 4,086, according to the figures from the state obtained by the group. The most common reason was marijuana use. An additional 40 people canceled the tests without taking them.

Because the Florida law requires that applicants who pass the test be reimbursed for the cost, an average of $30, the cost to the state was $118,140. This is more than would have been paid out in benefits to the people who failed the test, Mr. Newton said.
Source

I hate to be blunt, but this foolish 'feel good' action taken just because the polls react well and it furthers the class war paradigm is outright insane. It was something before Florida actually went and did it (along with other settings like private schools which have gone to testing across the board). People could wonder what the outcome might be and really suspect it would be very bad. Well, it's not working out that way and actually, one heck of a Constitutional violation, as the 11th Courth of Appeals noted.

No one has to sympathize with users, let alone be one to say that the track records shows that even if it were acceptable on the level of privacy and using as criteria? It just isn't effective. Do you honestly believe only 2.6% used?
Yeah... Me either. Why waste the money busting out the few that are too dumb to blow the walgreens level tests?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I agree with that Wrabbit.

Here in the State of Ohio last year, 43% of benefit recipients we drug tested and less than 2% tested positive.

So, it costs quite a bit of money to do those tests to find out that people are Not using the benefits for drugs.

However, it wasn't long after that, that there were groups saying that the drug tests were passed because the recipients Cheated on the Tests.

Go Figure .. .

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

I was just off checking a site I recalled seeing when I was trucking and under 24/7 testing requirements. Almost all the stuff they'd test for except 1 stays in urine just a day or two anyway. So they're only getting one class of user anyway.

If this were really serious and no joke about getting people who use? They'd do a hair test which can't be faked out the way a pee test can and even the passing use of something shows on a chart as up to 90 days detection. Everything. All of them. (It's a looooooong chart). That would bring REAL results though and if that were to come, they would have their political worlds come crashing down.

I'd honestly guess 50% or more use one thing or another ..if absolute testing 90 days back could be done. You know the other thing though? So they test people and throw them off benefits. What else does that do? Good luck getting a job for a couple years after that too. Oh...ever get your life together and want a gun? Ooopsy... Government record of a failed test. You're a junkie. No gun for you... All kinds of bad ideas with this one.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I have to have my drivers tested regularly in a DOT Certified Drug Consortium. So basically like you, it is a 24/7 kind of thing. That is supposed to beat the idea that some drugs only stay in your system for a couple of days. If they are sent at a moments notice without warning they will be caught if they have been doing something.

The only thing that really stays in your system that long is THC.

I agree with the Hair Follicle Testing. I have read that it can contain traces for 6 months or more and that the time frame is dependant on how fast your hair grows. But still, it costs like $150 for a follicle test where the regular test is like $20,

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

it seems to eff alot of ppl over in the job market for sure it works in that sector bang on

also in my state they require to get unemployment for recipients to have verified job applications copied that seems to work for that department perhaps it is enforcement. I don't have anything against people that use as long as they can afford it without taking from others to meet this goal but this idea is worthy of a convo not suited for ats in my defense I left out a lot of what I have to say because of TnC's but I am sure you know where I am coming from in regards to some things. If not U2U me
edit on 14-8-2013 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join