Obama the food stamp President

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

The Democrats characterize the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) as “our country’s most critical anti-hunger program,” and are calling on GOP leaders to scrap plans to cut funding by tens of billions of dollars in a letter sent to Boehner on Monday that was signed by every member of the caucus.

Dems press Boehner on food stamps

'our country's most critical anti- hunger program'

What ?

The fact that enrollment in the food-stamp program has grown by seventy percent in the past five years

Food Stamp enrollment up 70% in the last 5 years

This is true :

Enrollment in SNAP has surged 70% since 2008, reaching a record 47.8 million Americans in December. Even more shocking, that means 15% of the country receives the benefits, nearly double the rate as in 1975, when the U.S. suffered from soaring inflation, a recession and an oil crisis.

More Americans than ever using food stamps

Gingrich caught hell for making that comment that has been spun well it's the last guys fault.

BUT that's up 70% in the past 5 years that ain't nothing to sneeze at.

Which takes us to another article :

The financial crisis is over and the recession ended in 2009. But one of the federal government's biggest social welfare programs, which expanded when the economy convulsed, isn't shrinking back alongside the recovery.

Use of Food Stamps Swells Even as Economy Improves

WSJ: Food Stamps Swell as Economy Improves

Pay attention :

But there is another driver, which has its origins in President Bill Clinton's 1996 welfare overhaul. In recent years, the law has enabled states to ease asset and income tests for would-be participants, with the encouragement of the Obama administration, allowing into the program people with relatively higher incomes as well as savings.

What's that ?

But,but,but they said , "GWB' added more people to 'welfare', well Clinton relaxed the rules says so right there.

Allowing people in to the program that have higher incomes ?

The new rules were designed to encourage people to take advantage of the program before they became destitute. By expanding the pool of potential applicants, they are redrawing the landscape of government assistance. It is one reason why SNAP appears to have evolved from a program that rose and fell with the unemployment rate to a more permanent feature of the landscape.

The 'new' rules were designed to encourage fraud ?

Which takes us back to the Democrats are not liking any food stamp cuts even that 'extreme' 40 billion cut that lines the corporate pockets of JP Morgan.

JP Morgan’s Food Stamp Empire

Why JPMorgan Wants to See More Americans on Food Stamps

Which takes us back to this,“our country’s most critical anti-hunger program,” sounds to me not really just the Democrats have a slobbering love affair with JP Morgan and will do anything, and everything to block that corporate welfare from ever ending as well as those other corporations down the pike from the crony capitalism that is sold, and always sold as a 'anti poverty' program.

That is my opinion others will vary.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

most critical anti-hunger program
reply to post by neo96

Well if they stop using there Snap card to buy food and send it home to other in other countries (Headline News did a segment about this), or those that are Driving expensive cars , high tech phones ,dress like they are millionaires and go into the Dollar tree and pay with a snap card.

Makes me sick seeing so many people abuse the system, Cut them off, Drug test them, If I have to do a drug test to keep my job they should have to do a drug test to receive these benefits

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Once people realize they can elect themselves "treats" its all down hill.

Pretty much time to start boarding the windows of a republic once the populous figures the above out.

You see it with the REPs with tax breaks, and the Dems with social welfare.
edit on 13-8-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 19KTankCommander

most critical anti-hunger program
reply to post by neo96

Well if they stop using there Snap card to buy food and send it home to other in other countries (Headline News did a segment about this), or those that are Driving expensive cars , high tech phones ,dress like they are millionaires and go into the Dollar tree and pay with a snap card.

Makes me sick seeing so many people abuse the system, Cut them off, Drug test them, If I have to do a drug test to keep my job they should have to do a drug test to receive these benefits

Id say lets drug test congress first, than we can discuss drug test for Citizens.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
they already tried the drug test thing in Florida and it didn't work there wasn't all that many on drugs and receiving welfare

all it did was put money in the pocket of the politician that suggested it
maybe thats why your suggesting it to put money in your pocket

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
people are poor and cant afford food and you want to redirect that already very limited money to pay big companies for piss tests yeah that will fix lots

most of the money put into welfare is already eaten up by bloated government processes

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
by no means am i a GOPer, but no wonder they try to defund everything obama tries to create.

obama and his admin are utter fraudsters, and seem to do everything possible in order to "fundamentally transform America"

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

He is Not buying votes. He is Bribing future Rabble-Rousers from joining the ranks of the Pi$$ed off populous in hopes that when the rebellion starts he will be able to count on them NOT joining their ranks. After all, who wants to bite the hand that "Feeds" them?

This whole situation is enough to really rub me wrong.

My brother’s daughter has a friend who just yesterday tried to impress me that he just signed up for food stamps and was granted like $200 a month. I asked him why he isn't looking for work and he said "Work, well they told me that I have to work 22 hours a month to get food stamps". I asked him if he was an Idiot or Just plain stupid and he said. .. "Hey, everyone else is doing it so why can't I". For me, that response was worthy of a clean backhand and some serious dental work, but I bit my tongue and did not even respond.

See what we are getting into?

If we continue to let this go on we will have no one to blame but ourselves.

So Sad. .. ..

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

all it did was put money in the pocket of the politician
reply to post by dean007

Well at least some hard working person had a full time job testing people. lets keep them honest and keep doing it I rather pay for the drug testing vs them buy food and sending to another country.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
i think i read today that food stamps take up the smallest fraction of the entire federal budget...

but i suppose its better to continue to dedicate most of that budget towards the funding of automated death machines.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qi Maker
i think i read today that food stamps take up the smallest fraction of the entire federal budget...

but i suppose its better to continue to dedicate most of that budget towards the funding of automated death machines.

I agree ! ! ! !

We must stop funding the US government immediately ! ! !

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I have mixed feelings on food stamps.

First, I had a friend of mine (a female) a few years back want to hang out with me. No big deal, we never dated and she's the little sister of a good friend of mine. Sure I thought. She pulls up in a Ford Explorer Sport Trac (newish) and we proceed to drive to the grocery store because she is, "hungry". Now, she's carrying a Coach purse and is dressed very well.

We go into the store and she tells me she's on food stamps because she's in between jobs. She then tells me what she can/can't get (ie; no hot deli items, no energy drinks, ect). She then proceeds to the seafood section and grabs a platter of shrimp cocktail. She checks out using her food stamp card, and proceeds to eat shrimp cocktail on the hood of this truck.

I was utterly disgusted.

On the other hand, I have known a few people that honestly didn't abuse the system and only used the food stamp program to feed their kids after getting laid off. My friend told me he didn't want to have to sign up for food stamps, but he was afraid of not finding a new job in time to feed his kids. He told me, "Right now, my full time job is to find a job". THAT is how it should work.

I also know of people that get unemployment, and have no real intention of getting a job. They fill out applications because they are required to, but put absolutely no effort. Sometimes they'll just copy/paste the same info on their applications, not even bothering to change the names, skills, anything. It's just a way to keep the gravy flowing.

I think we need a very limited system for those times we fall flat. We need to encourage people that public assistance is just that -- assistance for your time of need. Not everyone has a family to fall back on.

The rampant abuse the system has received, however, makes me sick.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Between 1998 and 2002, JPMorgan’s total contributions per election cycle averaged $82, 897. After JP Morgan entered the EBT services market until the 2010 election cycle, their average donation per cycle more than doubled to $215,120…. JPMorgan’s donations to political campaigns also show a clear trend. During the 2008 election, Barack Obama received more than twice the contributions of John McCain: $807,000 for Obama compared to McCain’s $345,505.

Oh really JP Morgan ?

Interesting.

Bought and paid for by your cash.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Yes I know Neo, you hate the hell out of food stamps.

Not everyone that uses food assistance ripps off or abuses it. And it doesn't actually cost that much in taxes, and the money that is used goes directly into the local economy.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

I think he's just upset that he doesn't qualify for them...

A couple of years back, I would have qualified for them if I had a live in girlfriend that didn't work. I was working full 40hrs a week too. I just needed one more mouth besides mine to qualify. It sort of brought reality to how poor I was full circle.

Food stamps should be a temporary stepping stone. Public assistance programs should encourage people to find jobs or risk loosing benefits. They need to hire some of the very people that scam the system to help close some of the loopholes, as I believe there are just to many.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Come again food stamps 'don't cost that much' ?

Really ?

Let's do the math 48 million times 200 bucks (low end) = $ 9,600,000,000 a month

Times 12 months = $115,200,000,000 / year

My calculator must be broke

And it doesn't cost that much ? ? ? ?

Tell me more how it doesn't..

But 'government math' puts that total at 80 billion/ year.

Top secret: $80B a year for food stamps

Love the defense of crony capitalism there

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Don't see the 'humor' there explain it to me.

Read the op right ?

Missed the part of the op where the rules for getting food stamps were relaxed create opportunity for FRAUD, and ABUSE ?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

I think he's just upset that he doesn't qualify for them...

You might have hit the nail on the head there.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Way to totally ignore This post

Just to take cheap shots.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I have to agree with you on this Neo.

The boy I mentioned earlier is living at home with his parents and he is 20 years old. I just don’t get how he qualifies for Food Stamps. It has all the makings of a Damn Greek Tragedy.

There are more then enough jobs in my area. Between FastFood and Retail there is enough that everyone can have 2 jobs if they wanted. The problem is No One Wants to work.

I despise entitlement programs with a passion. It is Not because of the people that are seriously in need. It is because people are coping out because it is the easiest road to take.

And while I am Britching I'll add this. .. . .

There are parents out there who are selling their benefits and buying drugs and whatever the hell else they want. AND then, when the money is gone by the second week of the month they are going around asking for handouts because their kids need to eat.

The problem is that if you turn their @$$es in and they have their kids taken away then the children becomes the states "Problem".

What do you think the government is going to do when they get an influx of several million children that have been removed from their homes and have overrun the State Social Sevices and no place to put the kids . ... ?

CONCENTRATION CAMPS.

I am just going to stop there because I am starting to get a little pi$$ed.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join