It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military convoy headed north in Maine

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

I don't want to belabor the topic, but there is a lot of oil being transported by rail to and from refineries through Maine. I don't know how deeply the disaster affected that routine, but I was merely suggesting that it would be a propitious time to look to create an alternate route away from small towns perhaps?

Military exercises go on all the time, don't they? It doesn't sound like a huge convoy. Can you or someone tell me the significance of having Humvees in a convoy?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface
OK, enough already! What do you really want from us Canucks? To be met at the border with a 12-pack or a two-four? Dang thursty Murricans. Wish we could deliver but for now it's still take-out, sorry. So meet you at the crossing.

You have the crossing part right.

We're coming up there to straighten out your cross dressing lumberjacks. Enough is enough!

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Hmmm...

Well these are some sort of APC (probably the variant described by other posters as the M117 ASV (Armored security vehicle). However, your assertion that these were navy personel on board is interesting. One would assume it would have to be USMC if that is the case, and what they would be doing in that location is beyond me.

Unless what they were doing was heading for a small force training excersize. Doesnt seem like a couple of APCs and two humvees would be able to transport a massive force, so perhaps that bunch were off to train up for a specific operation, rather than as part of some regular training program? Whats the terrain like in your county?

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

That linked video was a convoy. looked like a divisions worth of equipments there!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join