It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hindenburg Omen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Financial news sources are reporting a hindenburg omen has been triggered. Basically what this theory states is that when winners and losers in the stock market cluster together and diverge to a set level, an omen is triggered that increases the chance for a crash. Its debatable how accurate this theory is, but its at least noteworthy especially considering the federal Reserve might drain the liquidity that has kept the market going thiese last few years.

Anyways, with 401ks looking healthy, do you think its time to sell? Or not? Who has a bullish or bearish case to make?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Well its supposed to happen in succession of 3 times in a certain period, I know we had some a few months back as well.

The whole thought is that a "healthy" economy would not be fluctuating in such a manner, another words its faltering, the more the omen happens the more sure of a crash you can be.

Think of it like an engine running on fumes, it surges ahead, than dies down, surges ahead and dies down, etc. You don't know when the tank hits empty, you just know it will.
edit on 13-8-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Occurrences of Hindenburg Omen in 2013: April 05 - April 31 - June 04 - June 10 - June 19.

What's it mean ?.

Things should start going sideways shortly.
edit on 13-8-2013 by MyHappyDogShiner because: DOH!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I beilve this is the 5th Omen in the last 7 days

At this point, i think a nuke can drop on wall st and the market will still close green for the day.

And for those in the NSA reading this, that was rhetorical
edit on 13-8-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I think.... As long as the Government iz corrupt in handling and spending our Money they might be able to keep things going. I see a sort of ponsie scheme w/ the fed... You can't keep printing paper that has no worth....

I hear Oct -Nov crash date

George Ure

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
The criteria

NYSE new 52 week highs and the daily number of new 52 week lows are both 2.8%+
NYSE index is greater in value than it was 50 trading days ago
McClellan Oscillator is negative
New 52 week highs cannot be 2x of new 52 week lows

Makes sense, its like a revolution when the most succesful group gets too small

new topics

top topics