It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time to remove congress. All of them. At the same time.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

The problem is us, the population who arent well informed (Like the OP), and either dont vote, or vote without all the information.

Or they convince themselves that stockpiling weapons and ammo is the only way they won't be executed by government shock troops.

The paranoia is getting a little alarming, and well intentioned folks like the OP there (who I agree with right up to meeting your maker part) end up playing right into the anti-gun agenda.

Just stop and think about it, there's a huge portion of people actively stockpiling weapons for the "inevitable" confrontation with the government, who they suspect is out to kill them.

What, exactly, can you expect as a logical outcome from that?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
If you're going to get rid of them all at the same time make sure you put in rules so that the same problems can't carry on just with a new bunch of idiots at the wheel, fixed length of terms, limits on contributions, easier ways to kick people out for serious abuses, performance related pay so if they mess up the economy they get less etc.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
One of my kids just turned 18. She's pretty smart. (Like her Dad)
I asked her if she's going to register to vote.
ANSWER?
"Of Course Dad, Ever Since You Took Me Into A Voting Booth When I was 8 I've Dreamed Of Voting Like You Do And Whoever Is In Office You Showed Me How To Vote Them Out"
I had forgotten I showed her just go down the card and vote for a new candidate.
THAT'S my kid.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Yup the system would have to be fixed at the same time as you removed everyone and you might have to remove more people then just congress.

If we couldn't get rid of them I'd settle for them all being held accountable for everything that do and by that punished to the same extent as everyone else. No more slaps on the wrist.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AtcGod

I'm sure if the US was in full-blown revolution those people stationed overseas would be brought back here to ultimately join either us, or them. And no, I'm fairly certain after a revolution scenario there would be some serious restructuring to our ridiculous military as well. To everything. As far as "God knows who" would take over...people who care. Which would be better than the current downward spiral into "God knows where".

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by itsallgonenow

NOW you're using your brains.

THIS is what I'm talking about!

Just not sure why we're insulting monkeys by comparing them to politicians.

edit on 13-8-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

There's another example you can use. One time there was a small unincorporated town in the countryside that required a janitor to maintain a workyard and tools. Getting funding for his salary was easy enough, but county regulations required that every employee needed a supervisor and a supervisor required a manager and a manager required a director. When there were five or more employees they needed a equal-opportunities advisor. But they also required the services of an accountant, a lawyer and a public relations officer along with a union steward. The budget for all of these was grudgingly approved by the taxpayers. Then at the end of the year, it was discovered that they were over budget, so they to make cutbacks. The janitor was laid off. And they've been like that ever since.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

The problem is us, the population who arent well informed (Like the OP), and either dont vote, or vote without all the information.

Or they convince themselves that stockpiling weapons and ammo is the only way they won't be executed by government shock troops.

The paranoia is getting a little alarming, and well intentioned folks like the OP there (who I agree with right up to meeting your maker part) end up playing right into the anti-gun agenda.

Just stop and think about it, there's a huge portion of people actively stockpiling weapons for the "inevitable" confrontation with the government, who they suspect is out to kill them.

What, exactly, can you expect as a logical outcome from that?

Nothing good unless they turn out to be right. And if they do turn out to be right, the militarized police state will crush them with armored vehicles and stun grenades.

Honestly, what a mess we've made of our country. And all because everyone got so distracted by TV and materialism and stopped voting. Shame on US.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
We have got to put our opinions and feelings aside when it comes to what we think of another specific group. ALL Americans have got to come together to fight the good fight. Republicans, Democrats, conservatives, liberals, homosexuals, heterosexuals, Christians, atheists. ALL colors or and creeds. All Americans have got to unite under one banner. One flag. The American flag! Obama is just a puppet, and there are much greater powers at work pulling the strings. We need to put our energy towards the ones who really have the power. Congress, Federal Reserve, NSA, IRS, lobbyists, big business, etc... Our government wants to see us fighting amongst one another. We have got to stand together, or this great country will fall. If we don’t unite as Americans, if we don’t fight, the day will come where we wished we had. Our rights, our freedoms, are being taken away from ALL Americans. The constitution is being torn apart right before our eyes!

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I have said for awhile now that the greatest terrorist threat to our country is our own politicians. Their policies, whether Democrat or Republican, are slowly destroying what this country is all about. I'm for term limits so that these clowns only have a limited time that they can screw us over. Oh, and as for removing all of them at the same time.....well, I'm sure the NSA is perking up their ears about now.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Thank you... term limits that is one that slipped through the cracks of my post. That is one voter initiative that really needs pushing and fast.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Just vote against the incumbents, all the time, and you'll end it. Down side is, you throw the baby out with the bathwater (i.e. the handful of good ones).

Campaign finance and lobbying are really the bigger culprits.

I have tried for the past 20 years to vote out the incumbents, and send a message that enough is enough, it has not worked. Voting is not effective as a way for us to communicate or change anything. I truly wish it were.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Congress? Yeah, maybe. I'm more concerned with middle and upper management, the guys who have been working in government agencies their whole lives. Especially the ones who have been there since the Cold War and are still operating on that mentality. I wrote a longer thread on this whole topic a while ago, but I do believe there are rogue elements with the military and intelligence communities who are actively working against the federal government, and not for the better.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Limbo

Its a hypothetical example.
second line

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I don`t have a lot of faith that every member of Congress can be replaced during the normal election cycle. America has a diverse third party minority factions who only lack the funds that the GOP and DNP enjoy to really get their message out nationally.

You might try to connect many remembers of either major party in the US together in some slime ball action and expose it in the morning summer air. It would take several of them down just over that alone. Follow the money is what I have always been told. It always goes up before it goes down.

That might be a little hard so it might be better to try and get money out of politics all together. No more PACS and corp. donors. That kind of money is poison to any political system.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by itsallgonenow

it is nice to hear from a "realist"..you are soooo right.it's just too bad..that it is hypothetical.,& really can't be done.,(replacing congress-one person @ a time),even though we would probably end up in the SAME boat..

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Backing up my contention that all representatives arent bad, check this out:

Latest Revelations of Abuse

So tell me why Wyden and Udall should be thrown out of office?

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

It would be everyone stayed well informed and actually voted

top topics

<< 1   >>

join