It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

78 children under government protection missing in the state of Oklahoma

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

78 children under government protection missing in the state of Oklahoma

intellihub.com

Millie Carpenter, DHS’s (Oklahoma Department of Human Services) permanency and well-being program administrator, and Melissa Jones, a DHS program supervisor, insist there is accountability, but say preventing children from running away is not as easy as it might sound. Carpenter said staff members believe all 78 children who are currently missing are runaways and not children who have been abducted. There are more than 10,000 children in state custody.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Is there any credibility to this? It seems like a large number of children to go missing in one state. Does anyone have any further info on this? Perhaps someone in Oklahoma? My first thought was abduction, but the Oklahoma Department of Human Services claims they are all runaways. There is no time frame listed in the article.

intellihub.com (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
They have become Black Eyed Children.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MilesTeg

For sure, we need more information on this before making any judgements. My very first thought, keeping in mind the limited information, is that 78 missing kids out of 10,000 total kids is a very small number and they likely are runaways. Think about it, it's less than 1%. Is your (general) rate of success greater than 99%? With these bare facts, Oklahoma seems to be doing an all right job.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Now it has been reported that 78 children in the state of Oklahoma under government “protection” have gone missing in just thepast few months, and are still gone.

I find this odd. I wonder how many children are "not accounted for" in other states? Doesn't say much about the 78 kids (or are they), I wonder what the age range of these missing kids are?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

It is something like 100,000 missing children annually with out a trace.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
so easy to just say theyre runaways....classic move.

there are sites where you can get some pretty hard numbers on how many children (under 18) go missing every year...its something like almost a million a year in the US alone. Of that number only like 30 percent or so were from typical causes....runaways, family abductions, etc....more than half as i recall were unexplained. Scary. There have been numerous episodes on coast to coast about strange disappearances....

this is just a quick link i grabbed...dunno if it backs up what i claimed very well but on the surface its still frightening

www.trutv.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The Oklahoman

Seventy-eight children in custody of the Oklahoma Department of Human Services are missing.
Thirty-eight of them have been missing for more than three months.

Zettee said when her CASA class toured DHS's Oklahoma City shelter, the shelter director told them that older children were free to leave at any time and “if the child is above the age of 15, or sometimes if they are above the age of 13 and ‘seem particularly mature,' the shelter staff will not follow the child nor will the police be called,” when they run away.

See, Black eyed Kids.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Kids run away from foster care all the time...

Would make a perfect population set for someone with nefarious motives to pick from freely.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Sadly, and i hate to say it, considering OK's location it wouldn't be too hard for a drug cartel to kidnap them and sell them into slavery.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

I can't tell if you're being serious or just being sarcastic. Whatever the percentage of children is, it's still very sad. Children need to be in a loving home, otherwise they grow up to be statistics.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Was i kidding about the Black Eyed Kids? Mostly. Though you have to admit it would really feed into that growing legend.

Edit:
Ok, maybe i am kidding a little less now. The B.E.K thing seems to have begun in Texas?

Was i kidding about the abductions by cartels? Not at all. I have no proof, but with the proximity to Texas it would not be hard to grab a few off the street and load em into a van or onto a boat for transport.

I have to wonder if all of these missing kids are from the same area.
edit on 13-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Yeah, it's a scary thought that cartel's could be taking these kids. I wonder how much assistance they get from the U.S. gov't. to take them off of their hands.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Prove that and watch the U.S. crumble.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I've never witnessed anything related to the black eyed children, but I'm an avid coast to coaster so I've heard the stories. It is kind of frightening to think of. I was thinking that if this is a big problem in OK, wouldn't it have to be an issue in Texas as well?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParanoidAmerican

It is something like 100,000 missing children annually with out a trace.
A evil person could make a pretty good sized private military with those numbers. (before anyone says anything, keep in mind that in some regions of the globe this kidnapping children for military actions goes on)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
Was i kidding about the Black Eyed Kids? Mostly. Though you have to admit it would really feed into that growing legend.

Edit:
Ok, maybe i am kidding a little less now. The B.E.K thing seems to have begun in Texas?

Was i kidding about the abductions by cartels? Not at all. I have no proof, but with the proximity to Texas it would not be hard to grab a few off the street and load em into a van or onto a boat for transport.

I have to wonder if all of these missing kids are from the same area.

Where do you think those kids end up? Any ideas? I havent heard anything about cartels stealing kids from government facs, i have heard of teenagers (a small number) turn up missing and the suspicion is that cartels did it. I have seen stuff like that on the news.

Thoughts? Money, ransom, indirect involvement with questionable types over the border... possibly. Im not a 100% sure.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

It's definitely not for ransom money. These kids are wards of the state. The only things our government wants to spend our money on are vacations and military R&D.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ameilia

For sure, we need more information on this before making any judgements. My very first thought, keeping in mind the limited information, is that 78 missing kids out of 10,000 total kids is a very small number and they likely are runaways. Think about it, it's less than 1%. Is your (general) rate of success greater than 99%? With these bare facts, Oklahoma seems to be doing an all right job.

Yes but it says they all left the same time and were all at school when it happened.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Exactly. That's why it's real fishy. My father in law lives in OK. When I get the chance I'm going to chat with him about this. Seems like someone would have noticed that many kids all leaving at once.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join