It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Ghosts Be People in Another Dimension?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

How do you know that?
Were you once completely dead?

I would really like to know how you people seem to know what happens, I sure as hell don't.

I do believe in ghosts, I have seen and heard them, one of them came into the room and layed down beside me.
But are these dead peoples spirits?
Could be... do I know this is true? No I don't.

So I ask, how is it that you know this?
Or is this stuff made up and presented as knowledge?
I feel like I am missing out on some secret knowledge here, pleeeease, fill me in!

PS, is that a siamese face in your avatars pompadour?

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund

How do you know that?
Were you once completely dead?

I would really like to know how you people seem to know what happens, I sure as hell don't.

I do believe in ghosts, I have seen and heard them, one of them came into the room and layed down beside me.
But are these dead peoples spirits?
Could be... do I know this is true? No I don't.

So I ask, how is it that you know this?
Or is this stuff made up and presented as knowledge?
I feel like I am missing out on some secret knowledge here, pleeeease, fill me in!

PS, is that a siamese face in your avatars pompadour?

To answer your questions:

1) I was never dead. I truly don't know what happens when we leave the dimension of this mortal coil. It's just a theory I heard awhile back.

2) That is not a siamese face in my avatar. That is Pasqual Pinon who had a growth on his head and dressed it up as a face. Story here: sideshows.wikia.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by origem
reply to post by TheIceQueen

Ghosts or spirits as it really should be called are people who died nothing else, just that.
When you die only your fisical body dies, the spirit then leaves the body and keeps on with his live in the spiritual world. Yes you can say its another dimenson.

Origem, this is also very high up on my list of likely probabilities too. That upon death, the spiritual energy simply passes on to another dimension -- the spirit dimension, and begins whatever activities one does there. I also think the options for pasttimes there are multiple, like they are here.

Of course it's all a puzzle still, and questions on top of questions. Spiritualists, when asked where this dimension is located, will typically state " a few inches from the front of your face". I think too, though, they can't readily see and interact with us, as we have difficulty interacting with them, if at all. Although, obviously, it can be done.

Kinda cool if you think about it. : )

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Sorry to pin you out, you were just the last one to claim they knew what happens when really what you were stating was a belief and not a known fact. It just bugs me when people say it's this way or that, it's a fact, when really they know Jack freakin' squat.

I hold out hope of a life after, but I cannot say if there is or not, nobody else has a clue either.

But the real reason I replied to your post was to ask about your avatar, going to check out the link; thanks.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
It's good to see this topic in relation to the paranormal. I m sure that 'ghosts' is a very wide category, involving many different kinds of events, but in relation to alternate dimensions, it might be useful think in terms of probabilities. If for example, a tragic event occurred in the past (or even recently) resulting in a persons death, then in terms of probable world-lines a very similar if not near identical event would have happened in nearby time-lines, measured probabilistically. So there would be a kind of reinforcement for the memory of the event in a cluster of time-lines (node?). These alternate tragic events could possibly be off-set temporally as well, or even staggered along 'our' timeline. If we use something like Sheldrake's morphogenetic theory, then the actual shape of the past events could be drawn towards a given person (in a manner of speaking) or persons depending on how much the events in their current life resemble, resonate or have consonance with those events.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I think ghosts are people in another dimension. I remember being 3 or 4 and we had two yellow marble angel ornaments at the top of the stairs in our house. Somehow I knocked one of them down the stairs causing the wings brake off it and my dad got really angry and told me god was going to punish me and send me to burn in hell forever. What he said really terrified the living sh*t out of me and I began having really bad night terrors and continuous nightmares about monsters coming up the stairs to get me to take me to hell. After many nights of sheer terror I began hearing this comforting sound of music coming from downstairs early hours in the morning.

Eventually after a few nights I got out of bed a went downstairs to see where the music was coming from and there was a this friendly looking man sitting in a chair playing a ukulele. I asked him his name and he told me his name was Boothy. I told him what my dad had said and he reassured me there was no such thing as hell and everything was going to be alright. I heard his music playing almost every night and it was comforting to know my friend Boothy was there to guard the the stairs for me through the night and the night terrors finally stopped.

Boothy was always gone before breakfast and to this day my mum has no idea who Boothy, "the man I always went on about with the circle guitar" was and she doesn't remember ever hearing the music playing in the middle of the night.
edit on 16-8-2013 by betadaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Different dimension, different plain. I agree. I have heard people refer to the times when people are most asleep (3 A.M.-4 A.M.) to witching hour or simply saying the air is thinnest at that time as the veil between dimensions is very sheer. I bet if there was a study done that the most R.E.M. Is between those times to. There even seems to be proof that those people can enter our dreams (see various dead files). In multiple episodes I seen the drawings on that show by that psychic only to have the occupants of the homes confirm they seen the exact person or entity like things in their personal dream. Tonight's episode showed some weird jelly fish like things hanging from ceiling and the guy said he seen that. The psychic said they represented shattered pieces of the soul. I think there is a higher plain beyond that just people have some transition between here and that higher plain. Some seem stuck
Here attached to objects, occurrences or just the lack of understanding of travel through.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I have to agree. Take a look at the "After-Life Experiments". It's on YouTube. Also the Scole (sp?) Experiment. About 90 minutes.
It make sense that there is another dimension, just dial on the radio frequency away. What I took from this video was that when they were doing testing with a TV. Doing the feed-back thing (I don't remember exactly how) but during on of the tapings, there is a picture, or a couple of frames, where an "alien" head peeks into the screen then pulls back. Very strange. There has a lot of conjecture about aliens living, traveling, in a different dimension. This allows them to travel inconceivable distances by just changing the the frequency they are in. So, when we die, we transition into another frequency. The different frequencies allow the deceased to move around, get closer to our space, or not.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I guess I believe in the frequency principle based on my personal experiences, but I also believe experiences can be skewed or warped by 1.) the frequencies always change and 2.) the idea that ghosts may only be re-living a memory within whatever consciousness it has and not aware it is projecting physically. Which are two things man will never know most likely

I've never seen a ghost, but I have seen a shadow person with my eyes, AND dialed in on him beforehand. In my experience, it also was self aware and it knew it was seen. It seemed to be a telepathic exchange of some sort. It seemed to be fully IN this dimension but who could ever know? What if, as a shadow, he was simultaneously IN two dimensions? LOL I've boggled over it a bit!

Not sure if physically seeing a ghost would be different or close to the same. I've heard and read accounts of both people who dial in and never see the entity and those who spontaneously appear with no dialing at all.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Yes absolutely!!! Bizarre to think that we may be 'ghosts' to someone else on their dimension. Maybe one of these days we'll be able to travel between. Until then pay attention to what goes on in the shadows and in the corner of your eye.
edit on 19-8-2013 by Fortysixandtwo because: none

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
From my uses of Salvia Divinorum and the few opportunities I've been blessed with ayahuasca, I have come to think that possibly spirits, ghosts, extraterrestrials, etc. might be living in a state of existence that they can percieve well beyond our three spacial dimensions (and our limited understanding of the dimension of time). I think that mind expanded substances and experience can maybe awaken the ability to see into these more dimensions, where the paranormal and supernatural reside. I certainly have learned a multitude of things about my self and the nature of existence through the traditional use of '___', Salvinorin A, mescaline, and psylocibin.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Hi after life fans !

In these situations (apparitions, ghosts, ...) don't talk about "dimensions"
but talk about "densities" or "levels of existence".
Density 1 is matter, minerals, wood, rock. . .
Density 2 is the animal world.
Density 3 is we the humans, now.
Density 4 is after we are dead, and its majic !
. . .

If you want to know about the marvels of the other "densities",
read the PDFs linked in the 2nd line of my signature !
"The Ra material".

Blue skies.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

From what I can tell, it in some cases could be a 'Thinning' of the 'Vail' [so to speak]- a thinning of the space between our [& there's] reality's. Sometimes something or someone can [could?] come through or even in some reported extreme cases, go through to another dimension/alternate reality, place/point in time...

Stephen Hawking's theory's on the 'Multi-Verse' concepts are in my opinion, True.
It's an interesting topic that even more interestingly, 'Science' has shown much 'Investment' & 'Interest' in.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I actually just saw all of the new replies the thread has (although they aren't actually that new and I'm pretty late in seeing them since I've been gone, lol). You all are putting out very interesting theories/thoughts about this..

Perhaps those in different parallel universes/dimensions hear/see us the same way and to the same extent that we hear/see or 'pick up on', them.. Perhaps they are wondering 'wtf' the deal is too, lol. Or perhaps in some dimensions we are not noticed and in others even more noticed and so on..

Anybody else have any thoughts?

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I've always been very curious about his myself. I tend to believe that ghosts are "energy forms" or dead people who for whatever reason are not ready to move on yet due to shock or unfinished business. Of course, that doesn't explain the "where" they should be moving on to, but that's a whole other mystery. That having been said, I have experienced little glimpses of "the veil" lifting, and I do believe that there are multiple dimensions of existence and that it's totally plausible that they occasionally "overlap" or that sometimes we can see through to them. I also believe that strong energy leaves impressions on an environment, and that energy can linger a long time after a living being has departed.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join