It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another White House Obamacare Delay: Out-Of-Pocket Caps Waived Until 2015

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Another day another betrayal by the administration in regards to Obamacare. This one is going to hurt.

Obamacare delay out of pocket caps waived until 2015

First, there was the delay of Obamacare’s Medicare cuts until after the election. Then there was the delay of the law’s employer mandate. Then there was the announcement the administration would delay enforcement of a number of key eligibility requirements for the law’s health insurance subsidies, relying on the “honor system” instead. Now comes word that another costly provision of the health law—its caps on out-of-pocket insurance costs—will be delayed for one more year.

The following provision that caps out-of-pocket insurance costs will be delayed until 2015.

Annual limits on cost-sharing are specified by Section 1302(c) of the Affordable Care Act; in addition, starting in 2014, deductibles are limited to $2,000 per year for individual plans, and $4,000 per year for family plans.

And so instead we get this.

“Under the [one-year delay], many group health plans will be able to maintain separate out-of-pocket limits for benefits in 2014. As a result, a consumer may be required to pay $6,350 for doctors’ services and hospital care, and an additional $6,350 for prescription drugs under a plan administered by a pharmacy benefit manager.”

So for the moment it appears annual limits aren't anymore. $12,700 in a families deductibles seems a far cry from Obama's pledge that the law wouldn't cost anyone 1 penny more.
This out of pocket may become the new normal never to be rolled back.
edit on 13-8-2013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
But the "tax" being stolen out of everyone's paychecks will not be delayed! No, they will keep stealing that while everyone else gets their breaks. I'm so fed up. The country NEEDS to collapse that this point, so we can have a reset. We need better leadership. We need to stop depending on the govt and these psychopathic "leaders" that are taking us down the toilet.

Get free. Work jobs under the table pay. Network with friends, family, and neighbors. Set up a barter system. Help one another. This is what my family, friends, and neighbors are doing. We are creating our own network.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taissa

Get free. Work jobs under the table pay. Network with friends, family, and neighbors. Set up a barter system. Help one another. This is what my family, friends, and neighbors are doing. We are creating our own network.

Totally agree. Being off the god forsaken grid is also my priority. Good luck and stay free.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
At this point, they might as well do away with the idea that we all should be facing penalties if we don't have insurance
and we the people, at least those of us who would face undue hardship if we were to get the insurance should be prepared to ignore the stupid law and take them to court when they come at us about it

We seem to be the only ones not getting exemptions or delays

just like this gov't, bail out everyone but we, the people..
who are who they are supposed to be serving!

They need to be fired, they really do!

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The White House is spearheading policy for the 2014 elections.

They have decided to target the middle class.

ObamaCare is the perfect weapon by design.

The 'lower' classes won't be affected as much if at all.

The 'higher' classes won't be affected as much either.

One issue is that Democrats at least maintain a Senate majority to fend off any impeachment possibilities.

The fact that a Republican majority is a real possibility, the Administration is in high gear to implement the financial devastation.

The sooner and the faster the middle class is placed into submission, the longer it will take to recover.

In the meantime, the bureaucrats continue to suck the money out.

Harry Reid spilled the beans the other day about how a single payer system is the real goal.

But that would have been to simple to do in 2009, and not enough criminals would have been able to infiltrate the system.

Now it's too late.

We've been robbed !

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

Between the monthly cost of of this "affordable care" and the out of pocket deductible required I don't see how people are going to be able to afford it. A family with both parents making minimum wage is going to be totally wiped out. There will be real outrage when the millions of families in this situation finally realize they've been screwed.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Out of pocket caps waived ?

What a massive piece of crap Obama care is.

Cheaper healthcare costs ?

And some people bought that ?

That is what you get for voting for more of the same.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The ObamaCare supporters are going through the famous 5 stages of grief.

So far, they are somewhere in between stage 3 and 4.

Stage 5 is soon to be reality.

Obama Inc. is pressing to keep 5 in a 'delay' suspension until after the 2014 elections.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Ahhh. No big deal.
I wonder what next week will bring, in the world of delays in 0bamacare.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
The ObamaCare supporters are going through the famous 5 stages of grief.

So far, they are somewhere in between stage 3 and 4.

Stage 5 is soon to be reality.

Obama Inc. is pressing to keep 5 in a 'delay' suspension until after the 2014 elections.

I think they may pull it off too. In talking with everyone I know (not counting ATS) it seems people have no clue what's really going on. To make matters worse they also do not want to know and any discussion about these topics tunes them completely off.
:bnghd:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
At this point, they might as well do away with the idea that we all should be facing penalties if we don't have insurance
and we the people, at least those of us who would face undue hardship if we were to get the insurance should be prepared to ignore the stupid law and take them to court when they come at us about it

We seem to be the only ones not getting exemptions or delays

just like this gov't, bail out everyone but we, the people..
who are who they are supposed to be serving!

They need to be fired, they really do!

Well, you must not be a part of the middle class. I mean, Obama is a champion for the cause of the middle class!

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by Bassago

Ahhh. No big deal.
I wonder what next week will bring, in the world of delays in 0bamacare.

They'll delay any aspect of the law that will minimize their chance of getting their asses handed back to them in the 2014 election.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
i would be willing to lay some serious money on whether this garbage ever gets off the ground, and i don't think it ever will.

affordable care act is a complete and utter failure to all those who need it, but they will never get it because it's all corruption and no repair.

dont worry about it, it will never amount to anything other than another money pit failure like everything else washington puts out.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Yep.

And I wonder where the supporters are ?

This thread is about the most damaging 'delay' so far.

ObamaCare is a falling row of dominoes.

They must be in strategy meetings today.

Or, perhaps many of the supporters are already at stage 5.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
We got to pass it to see what's in it.

What we are finding is that Obama(doesn't)Care.

Too bad we don't get what we paid for after all.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The presidential candidate who makes destroying ObamaCare his number one priority...that's the guy who gets my vote. I agree with the founding concept, but the implementation is absolutely moronic and completely counter to the main reason for it's existence....... It was tailor made to lessen the loss by insurance companies and absolutely strangle the working man.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I'll just let "The most interesting Man in the world" speak for me.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
The presidential candidate who makes destroying ObamaCare his number one priority...that's the guy who gets my vote. I agree with the founding concept, but the implementation is absolutely moronic and completely counter to the main reason for it's existence....... It was tailor made to lessen the loss by insurance companies and absolutely strangle the working man.

I'll agree to that and abolishment of the IRS to go with a flat tax.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

My vote as well. As far as the concept of universal healthcare I think anyone who requires medical care should get it. Obviously that's not going to happen here especially with the new laws and fines clamping down on charitable hospitals. Unless this law fails or is rebuilt from the ground up millions of people are going to be totally pooched.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join