It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Town PD cites existance of libertarians as justification for armored vehicle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Like so many other militarized and yet to be militarized police departments across the country Concord, NH PD wants its piece of the federal funding and military surplus pie:

The city council tabled a vote on accepting a $260,000 federal grant to purchase the BearCat after two hours of public testimony on the issue. The council will consider the item again at next month’s meeting.

The bit that got it tabled:

The city’s grant application submitted last year stated that three groups – the Free State Project, Occupy New Hampshire and Sovereign Citizens – “present daily challenges” to the police. Duval has since said he does not see the groups as domestic terrorists and admitted that the section of the application was poorly worded.

Challenges? Challenges which necessitate a heavy armored vehicle at the cost of a quarter million dollars?

Don't worry police and maniacal authoritarians, this will be heard again next month and all they have to do is drop the specific examples from their application to get approval.

Link

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Doesn't every town in the US need an armored and heavily armed SWAT vehicle to put down citizens who advocate for liberty? Sounds like a pleasant little community where it might still be nice place to raise a family.

edit on 13-8-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
As outrageous as this is, it's not the local police that will be herding you into re-education centers, it will be DHS storm trooper thugs. Marshal law is looming around the corner and it goes hand in hand with economic decay. All police departments are being militarized and I doubt if in 5 years from now you would know the difference between a cop and solider in Afghanistan.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
"Give me liberty, or give me death"

Oh wait......

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
LOL its funny you hear about all these other sheriff and police depts militarizing and gearing up, my county did the EXACT OPPOSITE, the sheriff GAVE all their assault weapons, and gear to other counties

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
New Hampshire motto: "Live free or die." Nice to hear the folks there still believe in that.

edit on 13-8-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
New Hampshire motto: Live free or die. Nice to hear the folks there still believe in that.

Less and less I'm afraid. The Massification may just be on Concords doorstep however all points south are essentially lost.

What prevented the approval of the PD's new toy wasnt the cost or questionable need but simply the fact that the PD named names on the application.

If they change that section to simply read "promote general security and welfare of residents of Concord" they'll get their approval.

As if David Duke while applying for a carry permit wrote down under reasons "to shoot negroes" he would be denied then a month later he tries again writing in "all lawful purposes" he should be then approved.

The spirit, intent and heart arent any different. It just sounds better to the bureaucrats.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Duval has since said he does not see the groups as domestic terrorists

Well isn't that sweet of him. Thank you for not seeing proponents of liberty and exercisers of first amendment rights as domestic terrorists, Duval! You're a swell guy!

I thought we went to war in Afghanistan to defend freedom? Am I the only one who remembers that line? They don't use it anymore. They use "to defend national security" instead. It seems when they made that switch, that should have been our first clue of what was to come.

new topics

top topics

join